massas move on webber

spittyholly

what another political bullshit race again hamilton penalty???RACING 1ST CORNER   hello  what you supposed to do tippie toe around and massas overtake on webber all 4 wheels over the white line accross the pit lane exit too and nobody said a word f-ing bullshit '#'#\@--~~~#'

The most ridicious FIA manipulation ever was the penalty handed to Bourdais after the race.

At T1 SB is exiting the pits.

He is RACING Massa for position.

Massa drives into SB.

SB gets a penalty.

Utterly ridicious.

SB stayed on the inside, what the hell is SB meant to do, roll out the RED CARPET and drive off the road to let Massa by?

The FIA are manipulating this championship, as such this championship is totally meaningless if Massa wins it...

This is a most worthless championship since Keke Rosberg won it.

To be honest Massa or Lewis DO NOT deserve to win.

Neither of them can ever hold themselves together under pressure, I mean it's pathetic.

Look at Schumacher and Alonso going toe to toe for an entire championship, Massa and Hamilton can't even do one race without some stupid mistake.

I do not like Alonso's personality or his merits off track but the guy is definately the most complete driver.

Lewis maybe quicker, but he really has some maturing to do, the last race was just the most stupid example of leaving your brain in the motorhome.

He'll really need to sort himself out or this title is over already.

As for his comments on "winning the last two races", well why say that, cause he has won only 3 races this season, why put extra pressure on yourself.

I kind of hope he does the title this year, hopefully it'll take out the brainless stupidity he shows at times and take him onto the next level.

If he doesn't win this year he may turn into the next "maybe" man. I see this as important championship for him. I think if he could just control himself he could well go on to beat Schumachers records, but where the momentum will end up, who knows.

I kind of hope that Massa and Lewis tangle in China, that Kubica wins and that Kubica takes the title at Brazil?

To me, neither Lewis or Massa have done enough to justify a championship. They have done their best to throw it away this year.

For me Lewis looked more composed last year, I mean races like Indy, toe to toe for the entire race with Alonso....He needs to shut his mouth and get on with driving. You can be arrogant and difficult when you have 2 titles.

SB gets a penalty.

Utterly ridicious.

Couldn't agree more - utterly ludicrous  >:(

Lewis looked more composed last year

Yeah -- there's been a few things about Lewis this year that seem a backward step from last year. For one thing he seems to have started to spout a lot of unnecessary BS. A couple stick in my mind -- a few races back he said something about in all the history of his racing he'd never been overtaken on the outside (or something) and that it would never happen again (but it did when I think Massa got him on the start...?) and after qualifying in Japan he kept going on about the perfect laps he does etc (then does what he did at the start).

And as you say the inklings we got last year about how he doesn't seem to cope well with extreme pressure seem to be forming a bit of a pattern...

I also been thinking for while that he needs to win it this year otherwise his chances might start to fade. (And BTW I would like to see him win it this year.)

LH IS the "next mansell", but he doesn't have to come back from Eddie Jordan putting him off and breaking his back, and doesn't have Rosie by his side doing the unglamorous stuff.

Mansell was a great driver, DESPITE all the other aggros, and despite more or less the same unpleasant people running the sport today as when he was there....probably why Mansell finally became the world champion he did....AND from what we're told he's JUST as fast as he was at the top of form 15yrs ago.

I always rated Mansell as a much better, far more exciting and creative driver than MS, and should have won almost as many championships...but there he went to the US and proved he could make it there too, which was something MS probably could never have done.... :P

Mansell was an unbelievably inconsistent driver at the beginning, usually going for "coming off" if a manoeuvre didn't work out, or taking it too fast. Then he would just slow down a fraction to get it to scream round "on or past the limit".

Such drivers and racing is sorely missed.

If I was being charitable I would say that the FIA is manufacturing a close finish to the championship.

If I was being my usual cynical self, I would say they are living up to their name of Ferrari International Assistance.

The guy is young and under massive pressure, I mean, incredible levels of pressure from the entire world sitting on him!

lewistachyv0.jpg hopefully he doesn't become the next Mansell.

All he had to do on Sunday was follow Kimi or play the long-game.

Dave what is wrong with being the next Mansell...................he was brave and could not be bullied he was also bloody quick.

Lewis will always be in the wrong until he wears a Ferrari badge he will then become invisible to penalties just like Massa is.

I hope Lewis does win, because as is usual in GB the winners get the flack.

LH IS the "next mansell", but he doesn't have to come back from Eddie Jordan putting him off and breaking his back, and doesn't have Rosie by his side doing the unglamorous stuff.

Mansell was a great driver, DESPITE all the other aggros, and despite more or less the same unpleasant people running the sport today as when he was there....probably why Mansell finally became the world champion he did....AND from what we're told he's JUST as fast as he was at the top of form 15yrs ago.

I always rated Mansell as a much better, far more exciting and creative driver than MS, and should have won almost as many championships...but there he went to the US and proved he could make it there too, which was something MS probably could never have done.... :P

Mansell was an unbelievably inconsistent driver at the beginning, usually going for "coming off" if a manoeuvre didn't work out, or taking it too fast. Then he would just slow down a fraction to get it to scream round "on or past the limit".

Such drivers and racing is sorely missed.

Once again I am with you all the way on this GT ;) I just wish there were more like him.

Mansell never made the best of his potential, that's all.

You can be fast, like Kimi (was), but thats not always hand in hand with being a results powerhouse like Prost or Schumacher.

Shame Mansell won that worthless title in 1992 and not the others, like 1987, 1987 was worth something, that '92 Williams was 1-2seconds a lap faster than anything bar Senna.

Don't disagree he was a top driver, just lacked some of the just as important parts of being "complete", such as not being from working class Birmingham and having a constant massive chip on your shoulder, technical knowledge, fitness, consistancy. On his day he was the best, but his approach was irratic and he moaned ALOT.

Yes Dave I agree that Mansell could have won more! in Mansells day there was Prost, he won more than his share but was not very exciting.

The Hunts Mansells and Sennas make for better entertainment for the people who pay for it..................all of us.

I remember saying to Diane that Mansell was rubbish (in early eighties) and an idiot for going for fastest laps when in the lead etc, all he had to do was slow down a bit, after a few years I became a Mansell fan (driving only) and loved watching his brave forceful style, I particularly liked the sheer speed he carried into corners.

Diane has pointed out that as there is no French GP next year and also no French drivers or teams.......mmmmmmmmm.

There is no Polish GP but there is a Kubica so maybe the corrupt FIA will try to get a win for the Polish driver.

The FIA do seem to be to FI what Don King is to boxing.....................in the sixties everybody knew WHO was the world heavyweight champ, not now though because nobody cares, sadly once you start rigging the results there is only one way to go, and its not up.

It's all about T1.

Actually followed the sessions in some depth.

McLaren look to have a genuine performance advantage over longer runs here. Thats not been the case for 80% of the races, they are just better over 1 lap sometimes.

I think Kimi is on the same fuel as Hamilton and Massa/KOV are 1-2laps heavier. Fuel murders you around Shanghai.

Plenty of room at T1, expecially if you get on the inside...Also very quick in...

There is also some predictions of rain/showers.

If there are showers I think there's a good chance of Lewis walking with the WDC.

I really hope the guy wins it, in agreement with GT. Twofingers up is needed.

However, Mclaren have a REALLY bad and regular habit of completely and utterly screwing things up when they matter. Not just last year, but forever!

Provided T1 is clear I can't see Massa causing Lewis too much hassle. Also Lewis has more new tyres than the others, cause he ran less new ones in practice.

It's JUST possible Hamilton will win.

Would love to see him make a (rude) gesture to all the naysayers and jealous gits....

Like he just did I mean....  ;D  ;D

(And without allowing anyone to take it back off him....but WTF is that move from KR to let Massa past....and guess what Ferrari OF COURSE won't get fined for it will they???)

So Hamilton won and Massa was second, but only after Raikonnen let him pass, a move he admits to making.  I thought the FIA had banned things like this?  Or is this another rule which applies to anyone but Ferrari?

It's another rule they seem to have given up on enforcing. I liked Bourdais' response to what happened to him in the last race " I should have laid out the red carpet to Massa and invited him past"!!!

Just think though. In the fifties you could be winning the race but if the number one in the team broke down, they would call you in and you had to had over your car to him! It happened to Moss several times when he was team mate to Fangio.

Now that the second McClaren (Heiki) was retired, does that mean that they (McClaren) can find an engine fault and hence hand this car and a new engine to Lewis for Brazil?

If, and only if it were McClaren that had handed the lead to a team mate there would have been a penalty dished out.

I am really hating Ferrari these last few years.

I would love to see a wet race in Brazil, even the TV commentators said it was a shame that the Ferrari,s do not handle well in the wet!!!! my arse, Lewis is just a better driver pure and simple.

That little creep Ecclestone also said that rules were a matter of opinion HUH in a technical sport like motor racing the rules are everything and should be precise in there execution like why give a driver a 10 sec penalty when he is scudding round at the back (if he is in a Ferrari) or a win taken off them if they are in a McClaren and done after the race has run.

Yes it's a pretty ridiculous situation - either you're either allowed to let a team mate through to benefit his championship or you aren't. It obviously is ok, so why didn't Kimi just say 'I slowed down to give my team mate the best chance of winning the championship' ? Why are 'team orders' a problem anyway? ??) They're only going to come into play if the other driver can't mathematically win the championship.

I don't understand it either - team orders aren't allowed - but who is to say those orders aren't just whispers before the race. Same effect.

I have no issues with team orders myself - it's a team sport. Compare it to the tactics in the Olympic cycling etc

If a team wants to make a driver drop back from first to fourth or something then so be it.

What I find more intersting is the comment on the Autosport site under Paddock Lifesuggesting that the boss of Renault should question why a car and driver that was fast enough to beat Ferrari in Japan was content to sit behind them in China.  Particularly after the comments made post race by the Team Manager and Driver.

Pete Richards