My new car thread...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH Mattius, and this is going to sound harsh....

For the budget you have you are going to have to get out there and Travel to find the correct vehicle, unless you are prepared to wait until a decent one comes up in your area, but that could be a while. . .

That 5 series looks ok, subject to a viewing worth a punt?

If any come up in the Cumbria, Manchester, Durham, Newcastle areas id be more than glad to go and view for you, i can also test drive on my motor traders policy.

Ash.

problem is not the traveling its the time off, im working every hour under the sun at the moment. and the cost of traveling too far, means a cheap car is no longer cheap.

Budget not really an issue, can move my goalposts if the right thing comes up just nothing worth it that isnt gonna depreciate like a rock.

this seems to be the next target, althought without tax i think it is overpriced.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-BMW-318-Green_W0QQitemZ260306670446QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item260306670446&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

That looks spot on. 16V 140bhp jobbie, they rev just the same as my S50, My M3 reminds me more of a 318is than a 325i/328i!!

Send him an email saying you will give him the asking price if he puts a years tax on it? Im sure in current climate he would consider it?

Sorted  ;D

Its been on ebay for a while, i noticed it a few weeks back thought it had a funky paint job and realised it was just the reflection.

Emailed them a load of questions about the car. If i like what i hear might take a trip.

I drove 365miles to find out the clutch was slippin!

That 5's got a cloth interior, part of the reason I got mine was a lovely bondage interior :)

Anyone got any good products for buffing up black leather? Rear seats are minted, front ones could use a buff.

Here you go laddy.

The BMW boys over at e36coupe rave about this stuff.

I Tried it and agree with them 100%, great value and leaves the leather clean and supple with that 'new' smell.

Good for your shoes too!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLIPTONE-LIQUID-LEATHER-Restorer-Cleaner-Conditioner_W0QQitemZ260331656148QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260331656148&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Its been on ebay for a while, i noticed it a few weeks back thought it had a funky paint job and realised it was just the reflection.

Emailed them a load of questions about the car. If i like what i hear might take a trip.

Its a bargain. Have a look at the obvious. At that mileage it should have had all the usual E36 bits done.

3-4 years ago you would have needed 5-6k for this car.

Go view it and benifit from the credit crunch  ;D

Right.

Challenge Mattius this weekend. See how much you can get it for.

Turn up with cash and be insultingly cheeky with your first offer.

We await your report!  ;) ;D

::Stereotype warning::

Matt's a Scot, it's second nature to behave like that ;D