Wheel studs with larger diameter spline

Greetings folks,

My CV axles finally arrived so I was in the process of installing the new Freelander wheel studs when I learn that one of the holes, IN BOTH HUBS!!, is oversized (the stud spins in the hole).

Does anybody know of any wheel studs that are the same overall dimensions as the Freelander wheel studs but with a larger diameter spline area?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Jeff,

The splines on the original studs and the LR ones (or any other) are different, and pulling/driving them into place mashes them up.

It's common (in my experience) for the studs to begin to rotate in the hole, esp. when starting a reluctant wheel nut.

Once the nut is up tight the stud grips the hub, no problem.

So to secure the stud in the holes when nuts not tight, a spot of weld does nicely.

Correctly locate and fully tighten the stud and nut - this is best done with hub off and bolted to wheel, but else a stack of washers will do, but tbe sure the stud ids vertical on the hub.

The place a spot of weld across the join 'twixt stud and hub.

Don't weld all around - you never know, you might want to change the stud again.

Just a spot, but have the current turned well up, to make the weld full thickness.

John