Por15 Alternatives?

Sorry Dyslexia serul  :yes:

Brilliant stuff apply to wet or dry metal/rust, over paintable as soon as dry, maybe less than 10 mins on warm day, to be honest you don't even need to overpaint if its a low abrasion area, only to make it look pretty!

I was introduced to it by a local plant engineer about 10 years ago, since which I have used it on cars tractors and just about everything.

Know what you mean about Hammerite, but I have found that a thin spray coat on top of Vactan and it lasts without chipping, I think the Vinyl layer provides a slight flex base that stops the chipping you get with hammerite on bare metal. I also find that a couple of thin spray layers of hammerite is way better than a thicker brushed layer.

Alan 

I've got a pot of kurust and hammerite smooth black metal paint sat in the garage.  I bought it in a fit of enthusiasm hoping to get the suspension components painted prior to baby number 2 arriving.  Sadly nothing has happened since then so I can't comment on the quality of it.  I was hoping that good surface prep and a gentle life would mean this approach is adequate for 5-10years.

I use the paint sold by agricultural machinery suppliers.

It seems to last pretty well, indeed it did better than some powder coated suspension items I had.

I am thinking that the secret here is to ensure you use a good zinc primer?

Ian.