Dhla40H Emission Or Not

microx

Hi everyone just signed up great site I can smell the petrol!. Here is my set up and my questions. Kit car with 2.1l pinto big valve head megajolt ignition FR32 cam and 2 x DHLA40H. First question is how can I identify exactly which kind of DHLA40H I have, emission turbo etc. Secondly, assuming they are emission carbs how should I jet them.

Present set up is,

Chokes 34

Mains 162

Emulsion 7772.11  I have .10 also

Idle 62

Air correction 200

Pump 42

microx

Ah ok.  Don't remember seeing one of those before.  See what you mean about the Allard likeness.

A friend locally has a "Tiger".  One of the first cars built by Tiger he says.  That has a Dolomite Sprint engine and gearbox (on twin 40s) but I think the rest of the running gear is Ford.  It goes well.

Nick

Yes mine uses all Ford gear, Cortina front hubs and engine gearbox and rear suspension from a Sierra, heavy gear by track standards but ok for road use. I used the logbook from a scrap Triumph Vitesse to legalise it so the paperwork says it is a Tiger Triumph Vitesse, even has a Vitesse badge on the rear!

These carbs are sending me nuts so I hope some carb guru will point me in the right direction, if not maybe I will megasquirt it with throttle bodies. Anyone done this with a Pinto

• 4 weeks later...

In response to the DHLA 40 question, the H suffix carbs are OEM/Emission carbs. No suffix or suffix 'E' are most desirable as they are universal. (there are others such as 'C' but are very rare now). BTW normally the received opinion is that a 2.1L Pinto requires 36 chokes which means DHLA45 body. All 45s are none emission.