Subaru / Datsun Differential In Spitfire Rear Plate

wbrown53

Can send as gift to any one making purchase.

I currently have a batch of 10 sets scheduled, (hence the lower price) castings being machine this week, spring & base plate should be with me in 2 - 3 weeks time.

many small changes and improvements compared to the original NZ design i had made 3 years ago.

Based on replies to date only 5 sets left. 

So please confirm ASAP, as my window closes early next week to extend the order qty.  

steve

Hi Steve,

thought I would post up here the photos I have of a 3.08 Subaru diff. The back plate has significantly different mounting holes to the "normal" R160 diff. However the main difference for us is the distinct lack of bolt holes around the axle entry.

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Glad you like. My way of contributing to the challenge of restomoding gt6& spitfires. 

Please let me know if there is any comments/ issues. I've fine tuned over the years so hope to be good fit and easy install.

• 2 years later...

SteveJM,

Do you still have any of these kits available?

I may get round to dragging the old girl out of the garage at some point.

She has not moved since 2015 ( due to various family problems ).

I now have more time on my hands and if you have any left or plan on doing another run I'd like to buy one if possible.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Shamefully I have still not got around to making use of my kit.

Main reason, other than laziness and inertia is that I’ve been unable to source the correct inner CVs to mate the Subaru diff with the Rover shafts. I know they exist, others have them, but the three sets purchased to date are all wrong!

I’ve also been on the lookout for another driveshaft combo to use instead of the now vanishingly rare R100/Volvo pairing. Focus/Fiesta look slightly hopeful as the outer CV fits the Rover hub.

My favourite scrappy has a Forrester in and I was going to investigate that, but it’s very warm today and anyway, I thought a bit of research might improve the odds of not ending up with more wrong ones.

This resulted in some rummaging around in the existing pile, some dismantling and the surprise discovery that Focus/Fiesta driveshafts fit on one of the sets of Subaru CVs I already have. What’s more, while Focus ones are too long, the Fiesta ones look like they’re just perfect 

IMG_1927.jpeg

Now I’ve just got to remember/work out which Fiesta the right shaft came from…. and find a couple more. 

• 3 months later...