Carbs, Manifolds.... Wtf?

Gerard

Now, I've known for a while that the Vitesse has the "wrong carbs" (via GT) but have never known what the "right" carbs would be...

As I'm (very slowly) collecting injection bits I don't want to go spend a fortune on some shiny Strombergs that will wear out where the left hand throttle spindle is after revving it twice, so I got a second hand cheap one in decent nick.

My cars a bitsa, so I just thought "it's got CD150 carbs, find another CD150 carb". As usual, wrong. It won't fit on the manifold.

This is due to the studs on the manifold being 8cm apart, one centemeter more than the corresponding holes on the carburettor body.

My old shagged Strom has elongated holes in a "someone's been at it with a drill" manner, so I'm assuming that my manifold is off something else, or was designed for other carbs...

I don't fancy bodging the carb (yes, I'm losing my Englishness) but may have to if no other solution presents itself :/

Who can fill me in on the following details:

What carbs were originally on the Vitesse mkII?

Which carbs have an 8cm gap for the stud holes?

Are there 80 different manifolds?

Anyone want to lend me triple webbers/dellortos with manifold and linkage? ^^

Cheers

Ah well, my picture taking apparatus is not well at the mo, so we'll have to go with "it looks just like a MKII manifold"

Is it possible there's a difference between MkI and MkII carbs?

Gerard,

I can help you out with manifolds, should have an original Vitesse one and one for 150 Strombergs from a Saloon.

Contact me ;-)