Muscle Building.

Oracle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64.2kilos today. I woke at 62.8.

Weights Sunday I think, almost week of rest, having a period of easiness as I think it'll help me. Really peckish tonite but resisted the urge to eat extra. Feels like the old body needs a few days to catch up with the cheques my energy is writing for it. A deep down feeling of tingling in the core of my muscles and tendons says the recovery limit is about on the max.

Probably best to have a spin with no great effort on the bike tomorrow and work out any niggles then hit it again.

Lined up for another rowing event in Bedford next weekend. I bought myself some more dumbbells and a cheapy York bench from Argos today - was on special offer at £58 reduced from £130 :)

My legs need building up a bit, I have trouble maintaining the pace when rowing 2k - I just lose power and get tired :confused:

Try stepping up onto a chair using the balls of your feet on the edge and really do it fluid and slow and drop down the same way. You can do this holding a pair of dumbbells that will really give you some punchy legs. As you get stronger increase height of the chair and weight. It uses all the muscles and the calves if you lift with the calf muscles at the top and push to stand on your toes, it's a real compound strength and fluidity movement. Good to do lots of reps and just a few, maybe 10 heavy and 50 light.

Two inches to go till I can do the splits, proper symmetric too not a side cheat job. Gotta be warmed up mind.

Decided to give it a full week off the weights and get rid of the last few niggles. Plus I was just about to become overworked.

Hitting my back with a metal dome by rolling on it once a week is working well, each time the grizzly bits get less. Haven't had any back awareness for weeks now.

Static at 63.6-64.4 kilos. Ate a piece of chocolate the other night, just one square that was my treat for the month. Getting adequate intake but there is no processed fats of any kind, nadda. Fats I eat are nut oils, olive oil, fish oil or fat from meat, shows too, the moment you eat that processed junk and add in sugar it just sticks to you, biscuits, pudding, cake etc. Not one moment in the day am I ever hungry, never. Eat shit, become shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Took trial opportunity to fast, down to 61.3kilos this morning. Very nicely cut, been eating huge breakfast them nothing much for 10hrs or so bar nuts or fruit. Been using protein and fish. Feel strong cause I'm manic but and the weakness of fasting was done in court time so it didn't weaken me for activity.

Weight lifted tonite, felt strong due to a week off.

Normal session done slowly with lots of music and stretching then 2hrs in the bath.

Redistribution of energy to the body to lower myself back into conscious form :)

See how this goes, trying brief dips and short highs of energy with a cut off point by controlling the excess with physical exercise.

Worked tonite.

• 1 month later...

Back on the lifting. Really notice me new muscle now. The rest for 28days was a bore.

I did get to use a back massaging machine about 8x over the last 28days and it's done my back a miracle. Better but not fixed.

Just intend to carry on doing what I am doing cause I'm growing in all the right places.

64.3kilos atm,

You soon loose the "in condition" feeling and a regular routine. That period off meant the last session really butchered my chest muscles and required alot of massaging. Also a knot appeared in my shoulder which has taken 3days to knock out.

I've been a bit fatiqued actually which isn't suprising as there much muscle growth and change going on all the time.

After my barefoot walk I must admit to suffering with my feet and lower legs a bit for various reasons. One was the fact I'd skinned my soles and really cut them to pieces with some large ugly chunks of skin missing in places. I had atleast 150 thorns inbedded in my feet and skin shreaded with thorn scratches up to my balls. I had to deal with my feet a few times a day to stop them going bad, I've a bone hard immunity so took no meds for them or antibiotics; these weaken you. Took me two weeks to get all the thorns out. I was manic during this time so felt barely any pain or grief but knew to keep a close eye on the problem. Once the main manic phase was lowering in energy my pain threshold was lowered alot and I discovered I'd fractured my foot when I vaulted an 8 foot wall to avoid the attention of a car. I just ignored it and refused to have it set. It's ust about fixed now and I've been massaging my foot and lower legs alot as walking with a limp really messes up your muscles. So it's been a funny 5 weeks with messed up feet. I've not incurred any damage though.

I've massaged every inch of my feet and lower legs and must say it feels really nice, walking like a cat again not an old man! When you got a limber back, upright posture, supple calves and feet + can almost do the splits and bend over double to stick your head between your knees you can walk like on a carpet of air, it's just fluid. It's been pissing me off limping about the last 5 weeks.

Will weight lift tonite. Have to get one of these back massagers.

Got in 3hrs or so in the end.

About 1.5hrs easing around a weight regime and some tia-chi leg movements. The Tai-Chi smokes your legs, really powerful stuff.

Did a set of chair leg stands carrying 30kilos extra too. Did 12 on each leg. Will be doing more of these.

Used lighter weights today with higher reps, the idea being I can lift a bit more regular that way. Keep the heavy sessions for 1 in 3.

Rode racing bike 1.5hrs, some climbs, felt really good aerobically but my legs are a bit off from the rest period.

I am not high energy or anything right now but I feel solid enough.

Looking to tweak my training intensity slightly again so I can work out more. The month off was annoying as I was in super shape prior; it's wasted 10weeks. Smoking knocks you back too, not smoked for a week now, tobacco. I find the urge to smoke is high when I am high on manic, it's like being on any stimulant; cigars or cigarettes just fit into the equation, cause it's nice, right?

After a week on Arduous Training I'm considerably more "pumped" than normal, going to try and keep it up until the summer, when the much tougher summer CCF camp arrives! Did the "bleep test", got 8.3, and I'm not in any way a runner and I wasn't particularly prepared for it. Then 35 press ups in a minute then 30 sit ups in a minute - my arms locked up at about 28, and it took me about thirty seconds to get to 31! ARGH, lack of stamina! Same with the sit ups, although I only got to 25ish. Enjoyed it though, the RAF PT guys are awesome :D

Been eating well so hit 66.6kilos last night.

Lifted again yesterday. Feeling quite strong, strongest ever, lowered weight for start, got very well warmed up and massaged any stiff bits. Up to 20reps with my current dumb-bell bench press so can add weight there, think that's 14kilos on each arm. Think I'd rather be in the 6-20 rep area anyways; don't want to get much bigger. Want a bit more chest as they are growing from nothing and have actually grown well so far. Wanting a tad more size and just change the muscle to a courser look by doing more aerobic reps now I have some muscle. Need to do some back muscle exercises now as they are not at all developed and it'll do them good to get worked they were just solid grizzly bits and also some stomach and core bits. Not had a back issue for more than a few days of the last 6 weeks and then it was caused by manic activity.

Added a photo to show you I am not just typing this shit for a laugh or eating down 50 hamburgers a day and current weighing 24stone.

The other photo of me is from 5 years ago. I've come on quite a way, reversed the aging process, for now atleast. I've never felt better physically, no complaints. Literally rebuilt my body, very carefully but aggressively. Reckon by the years end I'll be in pretty good fettle.

Eating alot of protein atm and seemingly needing it. My legs are looking great, my calves are really defined and my hamstrings, qlutes and quads are all growing well.

bod.jpg

oldbod.jpg

Is it the whey protein making the difference then? Like to think there is a quick fix... : :yes:

I'm just starting to struggle with beating the belly bulge (always been skinny) sitting at a desk all day somehow make me very hungry all the time. Trying to snack on nuts, salads, etc and reduce bread at lunchtime but i reckon i must be taking in too many calories. I cycle to and from work and rey to run a couple of times a week. Would rather the excess calories could be diverted into muscle rather than flab. Have wondered if the protein shakes would be a better way to get the calories in in sucha way that they can be built into muscle easier. Also need to trigger the 'I'm full' synapses earlier. Oh and work-out properly and regularly, get that lottery win sorted out and ensure world peace.

:thumbsup:

Protein helps in a few ways.

Mainly aids recovery time, keeps you from wanting to eat the house out of carbs when it was protein you really needed. Helps improve quality of your workout if you have protein in you before it. I often wake a couple of hours before I get out of bed and neck 25grams then.

It's no quick fix. It'll do nothing for you if you don't work out enough.

You might find you crave food when you work out alot but that's often the body craving protein not fat or carbs.

I don't eat any different to what I was before the protein power inclusion but I now recover better and feel stronger as I wasn't able to eat sufficient protein.

Eat shit loads for breakfast.

Try bowl of bran flakes, banana, orange and a slice of bread with peanut butter and jam or honey on it. Or Two slices of brown bread with peanut butter and banana slices on, thick pieces of bread + two bits of fruit.

You eat loads of breakfast you will not be in deficient all day and then your body won't store any of your evening meals.

Try eating less in the evening, cut the evening meal into two and eat one later.

Sitting at a desk all the time will kill you, no easy fix there though. Try to do something at lunch time. It's the 8hrs a day sat around that's the problem, it's like being stuck in a 80th floor flat and being 80 years old, it's not good for you.

I bought some of this: http://www.myprotein...ts/total_gainer when it was on special offer. I use 300ml of milk & 300ml of water - doesn't mix very well without using a blender, but with the milk added gives a good 600 calorie boost and doesn't taste too bad.

I'd actually started losing weight - having initially gained about half a stone since starting the rowing I'm now back to 10st 4 :wacko: I guess my metabolism has increased with the training and I just need more calories to keep pace.

We did a 2k erg test a few weeks ago and I managed to knock over 30 seconds off my time, down to 7:38. Could have gone quicker but was trying to maintain a steady rate to get below 8 mins - should be able to crack 7:30 next time :)

600cals that's alot! Hard to eat that much for breaky without being slugish. Not a fan of milk myself but do drink some. Your metabolism is increasing, your body is moving from still to mobile mode, good opportunity to build some muscle now, take calcium at a gram a day if I was you, your bones harden. You should pack in real calories. My metabolism is high, it also goes mad when I am manic.

Maybe your breaking into a another phase of the upheavel.

Tell you what. The first week I was sectioned I was really very manic, in the past eating through it has been an issue and you tire and the experience over powers you more as a result, you have to power down the mind with empty thought head / meditation type activity for 10mins an hour and refresh the physical with cat naps for 10mins or so every few hours. I made a pledge to try and use all my past lessons to allow myself to sleep, eat and bumble my way through it this time and really did so well. I actually lost weight despite no real exercise in my 28day stay. I was on 8-9meals a day for the first week. I ate non-stop, people were astounded by how lean I am but how much I eat. Feeling the physical (body) is being punished by the mental/spritual energy; up for days with barely any sleep; feeding my mind and body to keep up with the requirements to ride the manic rocket, feeling regular power fades and faintness as my body and mind were pushed to the limit.

That's like having your metabolism doubled and having to adapt, that's a learning curve.

Did some different weights yesterday and hit the bike for a bit. Feeling well good on the bike, out the saddle is really smooth, my knees are bang on and I've got nice ability to thump out pace on slight inclines using the standing form and go on for long distances in this way This gives me a nice aerobic workout. It's like a cross-trainer but harder work.

An RAF packed lunch is 2000 calories and 180g of carbs, not including a few slices of slab cake, a hot chocolate, sandwich etc!

A full cooked dinner is probably more. Loved it, I have a ridiculous metabolism and eat fecking loads, whilst always failing to actually gain weight :P

Got back massager. Good!

Gradually been tightening up again. Used a back massager 8 times in the mad house, sorely missed over the last 3weeks!

It's dead good, it's like having a tireless slave who crushes your back muscles.

Back is the most important instrument in your body after the sensory bits.

Don't half feel crap when my back is stiff, having it loosened up is like forbidden fruit.

Made adjustments to my routine incorperating some back muscle abuse. Pulled 10 reps on my bicep over 7-8 previous. Getting stronger :)

Changed my weight routine to more often less intensive. Also dropped the low rep stuff on my shoulders and biceps and doing a min of 8 reps.

It really saps your energy this weight lifting, it's good to keep you calm and relaxed, I notice I do much less long cycle rides since I started to lift more over winter. The constant muscle building is tiring you need lots of sleep ideally. If I stop lifting I get loads of energy back. Also I beat myself up atleast once a week on my bike rides so my legs are constantly growing.

My biceps are big enough now really, just tone them up now with higher reps 8 heavy and 20 light.

I want to build chest and back so have been doing some new dumbbell lifts for my upper back and will continue with lower reps on my chest. While doing my upper back I've been massaging it too, so trying to get all the muscles to build and relax into a proper relaxed, balanced and correct form. There is still years of twisted up shit in there and it'll be months more work to get it all free'd up right.

I can really notice the extra leg power on my bike, that's from doing single leg stands onto a chair with both body weight and 30kilos in hands. My knee is now click free doing squats with 40kilos on my back as my quad and IT band are really perfect in my left leg now and stretched to the max. I should be running soon. I can squat to the floor without the slight painless click of some ligament just thwacking over a boney bit, nothing to cause any pain but it's an issue I have fixed.

Can lift 16kilos for 8 reps on my biceps now :sorcerer:

16kilos on each arm for 15reps on my chest incline, flat and super incline.

12kilo dumbbell flys for 15reps.

16kilo standing should presses with dumbell for 12reps.

Time to up the weight but quite happy with the conditioning that high reps gives me at this time. You need your joints and stuff to get conditioned no rush eh.

Also need to move to iron weights really or buy 4x 5kilo iron discs, with concrete stuff you end up with a massive axial load on your wrists etc as having 6 weights on the bar makes it like lifting a tree trunk.

Hit 68kilos the other night, 10stone 7 or 150lbs. Ekkkkk. I'd say it's about 2kilos over ideal, ideal being barely any fat. I am probably ideal in societies eyes but I prefer myself with no fat at all around my guts, not like there is much there atm but I can pinch a 1/2" :) Can't believe I could easily be 11 stone in another few months and as lean as when I was 8.5stone a few years ago :) This muscle stuff is heavy.