Muscle Building.

Oracle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

In a good place with my body atm.

Been continuing on the total warmup before lifting, so stretch, massage, lift, yoga, stretch, lift, massage, lift, stretch combo routine. I'm chipping away at the remaining core weaknesses in my chassis. My back hasn't locked up for a month or more, I've nearly got all the muscles in my back even side to side after years of damage with one side of my back almost twice the size of the other in my lower back, whole side locked up! Come on so far, can even feel the gaps between my verts in my spine in the bad area have opened up, if you get the back massager right on the spine and crush the muscle there the whole lot gradually releases. No shit I am 5mm taller than I was! I attritube this to the cobra pose, a few other yoga moves, some hanging and 18months of spine stretching. I'm now considering some more advanced yoga moves like the camel pose first then the wheel. It'll have been 2 years work to get into those poses right.

I'm doing a few good mornings my lower back enjoys these as they equalise the muscle length after massages, they are great to combine with the cobra pose after you really get huge stretch and flex in your lower back. I do back squats also.

Few more weeks messing about I'll have doubled my lower back strenght without the ancient injury weakening me. Your back is so important, energy distribution, tight nerves mean you are weakened, tight back means all your energy centres are blocked you are nowhere your potential as a creature.

I'm on a one-way street atm, I lift the weights around with ease, all my routines need more weight but I want to just ace where I am condition wise first. I want to recover my energy and lower my fatique a bit now for a while. I'm feeling super healthy though.

I've worked in a few changes to my diet. Man I crave food when fatiqued mentally or physically. I've noted a cycle to be worked on there. Basic changes, eating more seeds as they increase dopeamine and serotonin building blocks and eating less sugar with my breakfast, ie less juice, honey in my espresso and marmite not jam. Trying to even more whole food. My diet is pretty faultless if I didn't live with my mother atm I'd not be exposed to any junk and my diet would be faultless. I need to resist eating the odd treat as they as why I have 67 kilos not 64.5 :) Na, that's just a bit of fatique related post mania food munchies. Good to have a few kilos reserve as a manic cause you never know when you'll need some fuel for if the turbo goes off on it's own.

Oh and I managed to get my fingers to touch if I get both my hands behind my back, one over the shoulder, one under, it's a yoga move, I got a stiff right shoulder it's all related to my past injury the whole side of my body was being crushed. Anyway I do this more and lock hands one way but not the other side, yesterday I got my fingers to touch, that's been 6months work or more! Another 6months I'll be equal both sides?!

That's the basics. I'm looking long term so a total body rebuild is the best way.

Funny innit some 70 year old grannie who can do a camel, headstand or wheel pose in yoga is probably more powerful, limber and fit than anyone I know lol.....even when they were 18! Those poses require POWER to hold. You try a bow pose or reverse warrior, hold them for a minute. Go to china see old men of 80 doing them and weep. Where do they get the power from?! It's mental freedom, it's where they live mentally by design.

Western culture keeps you stuck in the lower chakra (energy/thinking bands/reality interactions) areas by mental enslavement, the base chakra is a basically an obsession with thinking about shit and piss as it's at the tail bone, that's 33% of working class men. The next chakra is sexual organs, that's the thinking of the rest. Basically just thinking about having a shit, eating and having sex.

Next chakra is where basic intelligence starts, then we progress to the ultimate aim, the opening of the crown chakra, that's just above me third eye. I douby any of you even know this shit exists, as we are enslaved mentally to rarely progress past the thinking patterns, stresses and daily shit that allows access to the higher dimensions of perception etc, that's level 4 or above. Those monks in tibet etc aim for the opening of the crown chakra all the time meditating. It's wonderful. I don't need anything at all when I can get over level 5. I'm in heaven on earth.

Oddly I've been incorperating more meditation into my day, basically zen mind control, ability to shut down the internal monoloques and thinking, rising above the patterns of thinking western life keeps you inside, you free yourself from the day to day with meditation, this allows you to raise through the chakras :) Opening them.

I'm quite into it all. My manic gives me an unnatural energy, a forced jump to the open crown at times. I'm trying hard to naturally harness this ancient art as it's the source of great power and wisdom, it's just a part of getting into yoga and taichi, you start to clear your mind, you start to feel "different", I've tasted things that greatly interest me.

Guess I've found a life system that works for me. I believe this is the key to defeating my manic as the manic, energy, yoga, charkas, spiritualism and self improvement are all interlinked. As such I am linking all these things together including my diet and it's working quite well for me.

I can meditate and get full eye closed visions and even had an astral projection the other night, try that!

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than building more muscle I think my current aim is to have a period of getting what I've built working aerobically and getting it toned up. I'm hauling loads more weight and reps but my fatigue level is generally too high if I cycle and weight lift.

Want a bit more energy so will focus on just lifting what I have been lifting but for more reps and work on conditioning. I think a think a couple of weeks massaging out my muscles again and letting it all settle down will help my longterm goals.

My back is forever on the move. It's like a war to get the memory of the injury to give in to will power. Each time I chip a bit further into it's will to revert back to where it has been for years. I can feel the tight areas opening out but overnight or during rest the muscles tighten again and drag it all back together. The back muscles are deep too and getting right down into them is quite a task.

My wrists were getting a bit noticeable so I took the note to heart and have been working on my forearms for the last few days, much better, they were really tight and lots of pains inside them when you start proding them. Getting down into 34years of grizzle and injury and deep tissue massaging the whole lot and my biceps. Probably needs 3 sessions in all. Only done my right one so far and my left one now aching from working on the right.

I think I need a period of gentle staticness and let my whole being recover before starting to hit the next level. Just cycle for a bit now and just keep in current trim.

The last few weeks just too much of my body has been in repair or change it's tiring.....The squats, good mornings and back squats are good but they do sap your energy!

• 1 month later...

Back Stretcher is good.

My backs never been better since it got hurt. It's balanced side to side and in shape, alot more flexible and not prone to annoyance. Still work in progress.

I haven't really done much of late as I've just decided to go let off and stay where I am till I am totally healed of all knots and prior muscle scars. Really set a platform for a jump. I've just been doing enough to get a tad sore once a week. I've a lost a tad of tone but my muscles are free of all stiffness etc. My shoulder is moving more too. After massaging my forearms my wrists never hurt anyone or my elbows. All the stiffness leaves with pain as you crush all the fibres top to toe in entire body leaving them to reset free from a lifetimes abuse.

I've been taking really easy on bike also to do the same process to my quads. The rollering of muscles is good but you gotta crush the stuff at the ends too or you get a mild tendon stiffening and your muscles clump up around the ends limiting the spread, width and use of fibres.

It's what my body needs now not abuse so it's getting whatever rest it needs, mind over emotion/desire, another 4 weeks maybe. That's almost 3 months of recovering and limbering up. Should be good go over a hard winter of MTB riding.

My legs needed months off really to retain what is there by squats and walking but just cut out the fibre shread repeative business for a bit and let it all heal proper and stay limber, built in extra slack so tightness doesn't prevail. My legs just became a tad tight for me no matter how much of a stretch angle I can do, never quite heal fully. Feel much better now not that there was a huge issue before.

Play the long-game with no end game as such, bar to enjoy the results of doing the best you can at any given moment = just do whatever is right at that moment in regard to whatever you doing, the results will always manifest something interesting. Bigger the action, bigger the reaction. My body just says rest me, so rest it gets. Never know whats coming so it's good to be well rested :)

• 3 weeks later...

Still on low load exercise regime. Doing some final adjustments to free up maximal flexibility on as many joints as poss. Doing just enough to stay where I was but become stronger at the same time without really doing any weight work. Ironing out weaknesses before I work on it more.

My balance is much improved, can karate kick on one leg repeatly without moving my core and lots of other things, high kicks well over head height, reverse kicks.

My core needs work. I want strong grip and a strong core. Ideal for doing this without putting my well repaired back into strain is the hanging leg up. Works upper legs, abs, sides, chest, back of arms and gives you vice like grip, awesome compound move. Doing 2 hits a week, 4x 8 reps with 3-4 half leg bent ones at end of each set to fade off.

Couldn't be more happy with my "recovery". My quads just about A1, tenderised every mm of it all the ligaments and tendons crushed and relengthed also. Just another week I think. Been walking then doing light riding with short hard bursts followed by stretching, roller at end of day, massage any time of day / few times a day.

You gotta get the basics right.

My balance has never been so good. Another year or two I might be ready for some martial art training, go in physically ready to kick over peoples heads and limber as a 9 year old girl, with all needed power, poise and strength and with a free mind.

My diet will power is sick at the moment. Not had a coffee for weeks, even quit most carbs, just on veg, fruit and protein, seeds, nuts, eggs, rice, milk, cheese, fish, chicken. I feel so much better quiting any bread, wheat and other shit like pasta, poisen the lot of it, makes you slow, fat and miserable. Seeds/Rice and stuff mentioned are much better, living, alive and vibrant foods. Have bone hard energy and leaning off nicely, down to 64kilos again and adding muscle. Notice the carb drain after riding my bike, the big punch is less but the body doesn't moan cause I'm packing in energy via slower burning seeds etc, more complex energy and protein prolific. My mistake before was eating too much carbs not enougn protein. Now eat more veg, less carbs and more proteins with more proteins in my snacks and no junk snacks / empty food / insane desires from the sad mind.

Get some peace of mind you don't need treats and sheep food.

Haven't used or eaten a grain of sugar and weeks it makes you fat, lazy and lethargic while it cuts your arteries like glass.

Drink one small glass of orange juice once a day, that's all my sugar really bar the fructoses in fruits etc.

I will need to get my back 100% first before anything major happens it still clunks sometimes but I haven't been for an adjustment yet as the muscles have taken 18months of work to reset, ease off and lengthen and rebalance, I'm just about there. The back stretcher is very good and lengthens the fibres nicely. I've just gotta let the gaps between a few of the tighter vertibrae ease off and get used to being free of crushing muscle spasms and reduction in pressure. Then I can get an adjustment that will last, one vertibrae is out of place a bit from my car crash maybe, 16 years ago...Then I can kick the living fuck out of full sized kick bags without snapping my spine in half. I know how long a road the repair has been not to want to mess it up. My back was probably good compared to most folks I never moaned about it, actually it was really trashed, glad I fixed it now I'll be working to keep it that way, 5mins a day on the stretcher + cat and cobra yoga pose.

• 1 month later...