Mad Dolomite

Actually that was why I started the silly arguments too.

However you are TOTALLY wrong about the Jaguar V6 Duratec, and it appears you don't know much about the unit at all.

The main difference between the Ford & the Jag units, is they got rid of the hydraulic lifters and did a number of changes to the unit before adapting it to the X & S type.

There was also a COSWORTH developed version of it (used in the Zeus cars first,- now "palmersport"), which has some notable changes to cooling amongst other things.

So you see the JAGUAR version of the V6 is a MUCH better engine than the standard Ford one, but they do have one thing in common. Fantastic cylinder heads and low weight.

It was that engine which was the "rough base" used for making the Aston Martin V12 I'm told.

I'll have a chat with the 6R4 guy and see when he can come for a bit of fun.  :o

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that was why I started the silly arguments too.

However you are TOTALLY wrong about the Jaguar V6 Duratec, and it appears you don't know much about the unit at all.

The main difference between the Ford & the Jag units, is they got rid of the hydraulic lifters and did a number of changes to the unit before adapting it to the X & S type.

There was also a COSWORTH developed version of it (used in the Zeus cars first,- now "palmersport"), which has some notable changes to cooling amongst other things.

So you see the JAGUAR version of the V6 is a MUCH better engine than the standard Ford one, but they do have one thing in common. Fantastic cylinder heads and low weight.

It was that engine which was the "rough base" used for making the Aston Martin V12 I'm told.

I'll have a chat with the 6R4 guy and see when he can come for a bit of fun.  :o

I Know a great deal about the unit

The engine comes from Bridgend as its built by Ford

There have been some updates to the engine new inlet manifold

continuously variable cam-phasing and variable geometry air intakes to increase power

Its a very refined engine i

In my job i get to drive the

XK, XJ, XF, And the still under wraps x358 the replacement for the xj that will finnish production this March

Pity as the XJ is the best car i have ever driven Not the fastest but pure smoothness and quietness.

Yeah have a word with your mate let me know when he is at Mallory as im only 20 minutes away

And i will pop down

Have you got a picture of his car ???

I heard they were testing that new Jaguar engine at Prodrive.

It was so powerful they had problems extracting all the hot gas?

FYI The Zeus (now palmersport) V6 car was adapted to run on LPG.

Very quick.

If/when I buy a newer car it will be a Jag V6 X type (4x4) for our climate.

I heard they were testing that new Jaguar engine at Prodrive.

It was so powerful they had problems extracting all the hot gas?

FYI The Zeus (now palmersport) V6 car was adapted to run on LPG.

Very quick.

If/when I buy a newer car it will be a Jag V6 X type (4x4) for our climate.

LPG now your talking  ;)

I have been working on the 5.0L Supercharged engine this week

The engine can be made to make monstrous power

Was in the climate booth doing some testing and the results were good

Even at 40 deg ambiant the charge coolers were doing there jobs  8)

About time!

There's been a lot of rumours about this new engine, being as I would NEVER buy a Range Rover with that crap old 4.2L V8 thing.

They last about 60 000miles on average before slinging their chains, never mind the numbers that knack their cranks and other stuff.

Pity it's all owned by the Indians now.

Now a Range Rover with 500bhp, that has GOT to be a good seller, especially as it's 2T up these days & never was any good in the hot mediterranean sun before, it's like being in a greenhouse pushing up tomatoes!!  ::)

Met Darren today and saw his nutty Dolomite, mad car! I like !

...Jony and I pissed ourselves when he left on the rev limiter sideways up the road lol...Well I didn't actually piss myself, but Jony wet his pants and had to go and change his nappy  :K) :K)

I hope the neigbours didnt mind

Its a tad noisy  :)

and yes i did need to have a change! i was a giggling wreck! hahaha what can i say iv been ooogleing that car over you tube for years! haha

heres a couple of pics of the beastie!

sideways wondering what he can do to his spitty to make it keep up!  :P ;D

n508569408_2055202_5706.jpg

got enough lights? could use them to light up coventry  ;D

n508569408_2055204_6279.jpg

n508569408_2055207_7305.jpg

you got a silencer on that? ;)

n508569408_2055211_8872.jpg

and yes i did need to have a change! i was a giggling wreck! hahaha what can i say iv been ooogleing that car over you tube for years! haha

heres a couple of pics of the beastie!

sideways wondering what he can do to his spitty to make it keep up!  :P ;D

n508569408_2055202_5706.jpg

got enough lights? could use them to light up coventry  ;D

n508569408_2055204_6279.jpg

n508569408_2055207_7305.jpg

you got a silencer on that? ;)

n508569408_2055211_8872.jpg

God i need to loose some weight  :o :o :o

Silencer  ;D

Good pickys  :)

Yup, That looks pretty interesting!  Doubly so as we don't get the saloons in the US.  Is there a place with loads of pics.?  Looks like a lot of work and thought have gone into it so it must be documented somewhere?  

Nice work Darren and Welcome to this mad forum!

Yup, That looks pretty interesting!  Doubly so as we don't get the saloons in the US.  Is there a place with loads of pics.?  Looks like a lot of work and thought have gone into it so it must be documented somewhere?  

Nice work Darren and Welcome to this mad forum!

Thanks

I havnt taken any picks of the build or mods as it was just a weekend thing and didnt think anyone would be interested ,

Its been modded like that for quite a few years now

Since 1999 with the cos engine

The whole car really needs stripping down and a full rebuild now.

Great looking car Darren :) Is the exhaust in the front wing from the wastegate?

Yes it really need pipeing back into the exhaust as it s very noisy on boost

Not good for the DB meter on track

I have to go on low boost most track days to stop being black flagged  :-/

yup u is right AJ. darren next time we meet up ill get some proper pics for you if you want once iv learnt how to use my camera properly ;D will deffo get more of it on track too!

Yes will give it a proper clean

I will have to take you for a pass ride  :)