Sign in to follow this  
UNFIT

Gt6 Radiator

I have decided to stick with the original rad that came with the car when I bought it. There is some slight damage to a small area of the cooling fins but the core tubes are good. I pressure tested it and cleaned the old black paint off most of the surfaces that I could work on.

Looks well in it's unpainted state but I presume the original rads were always finished in black ??. I reckon that it would be best to prime it then finish it in satin black. What do you  think ?

IMG_20200628_183407.jpg

IMG_20200628_183418.jpg

17 minutes ago, UNFIT said:

What do you  think ?

Your car, your rules.  But yes, they are pretty much always black - satin or matt.

Congratulations on having one that doesn't leak.  Mione original one looked quite reasonable but the guys that tested mine said it turned their test tank into a jacuzzi.....  The re-core quote was scary - hence the Golf 2 one now fitted for a 10th of the price.

Thanks for that Nick and I could well be following in your footsteps down the road but I will go with it for now. I was admiring the nice soldering and workmanship on the original rad when I stripped it back and thought that it is a shame to cover it up but I know that satin black is the way to go. I think practicality and originality is the most sensible route. They are an usual rad ... are they unique to the GT6 ?