Babies

sorbs

My mate's telly broke down a few months ago, so to pass the time he got his wife pregnant.

What amazes me is the amount of money they are spending on stuff prior to the birth of the child.  The latest aquisition is an egg shaped device that plugs into the mains and changes colour to indicate whether or not the baby's bedroom is at the optimum 23 degrees C.  This cost �28.

23C?  Our castle in Scotland didn't have central heating when I was a kid. The tapestries kept the draughts out but the place was still like a fridge.  The egg thing would have been on alarm from August until June!

Is it me, or are people too soft nowadays?  This makes me sound really old. Is 31 really old?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thats why all kids are full of disease, alergies and are weak minded, weak immunity and moan alot.

We lived for 1,999,999 years in freezing cold caves etc...

This is all a load of bollucks.

Children should be frozen, made to eat mud, let get dirty and allowed to eat spiders and stuff they pickup...

It makes you stronger, all this disinfecting everything just means minimal exposure to germs, which means allergies, which means weakness, if you ask me :)

All the farm boys I know lived in a pile of sheepshit, froze to death in farmhouses and crawled about in mud as kids are strong as granite. The ones who never left the house are always ill and moaning...Its pathetic.

My work colleague's baby is completely and utterly over indulged, never far from the GP and they worry everytime it farts ::) I spent weeks placating him when they were convinced here pregnancy was the worst one ever (it was entirely run of the mill), in the end I got fed up and said: "for God's sake, she's only having a baby: it's an entireally natural process, women have been doing it for years!!!!  ::) The house is absolutely awash with stuff of little or no real value/need. They lavish a fortune on things they percieve they need, when inactual fact, babies don't cost much. Mine didn't. It doesn't help that they are both pretty immature mid thirties former Dinkys. >:(

I like babies, but it is all downhill, once the finger nails go hard.

Like when I was travelling.

Pacific Islands:

Kids crawls about eating anything that moves.

Kids only toy is his mothers breasts, kid gets LOTS of attention from parents, none of it related to stupid gimmicks, I mean it goes everywhere with a parent learning stuff.

Kid is dirty all the time and get a wash in the sea when needed.

Kid never sees a doctor, case they just don't bother. Mortality is high yes, but thats why the genetics are so awesome there. You can see it, the further from the doctor you go the higher the mortality rate the MORE superior the genetics appear, from a "perfectional" example of a human being etc.

Kid (male example) grows up in 95% of cases to be what I'd describe as perfection of the human race. Lean, no fat, STRONG, toned, massive muscles, strong willed...HAPPY.

Agreed they need nothing really, bar the correct attention and mental stimulation etc.

More you disinfect stuff, keep it away from cold etc the weaker your kid will be, in my opinion...

I take it none of you have kids then !

Fu~kin awesome best thing that ever happened to me everybody says it but until you have your own kids/babies you will never know.

Ian

The usual story, no kids that I know of! A few  of my friends have kids, sometimes I'm a bit envious.  Bringing another person into the world must be the most incredible thing.  I'm just shocked how much things have changed since I was born in'76!  It's not that long ago, is it????

I've got two titchy-tiny babies: 20 and 17. Great fun from the day one. Wouldn't be without the. Easily the best thing i've ever done, or likely to :) They could only be improved if they were each twins(i.e. 4 of 'em).

School trips with them, cooking in class, losing them in the Millenium Dome, taking them to school in fancy dress- but on the wrong day :D It has been a hoot. And still it gets better, I tell them to be nice to me as they will be wiping my arse when I get to old to do it myself. :X

Oh dear...the Anti-child culture in the UK strikes again.

It reeks....

Children are portrayed so negative in the press, it's as though they are a drag on everyone, caught up in crime, uncontrollable, and nothing but a load of freeloaders have 'em on benefits....

Only the UK has this problem.

Go to France or Italy....people actually smile at you in the street when you have a kid.

UK looks more and more like a bleak unfriendly island with no future to me.

Your kids will be arite GT, freezing in the arctic :)

I agree they get ill, just as they did before doctors eh? Didn't stop the human race ! Infact if at the dawn of the human race we had doctors, the human race would have turned into a genetic slum by now, as it will in the future.

I don't have any, cheers :) don't really want any either, not for a long time anyway. I'll find a nubile 20 year old for that when I am much older.

I couldnt stomach kids when i was younger i always vowed i would always do my own thing and not get caught up in the get a house get married have kids routine even as babies all they do is shit puke and sleep but it must stir a primal instinct in the brain to protect even know my lad is 2 1/2 years old (so not a baby) you are working on the car and he comes out and grabs a spanner and trys to help (smacking it against the bodywork is hardly help but you know if he understood more its a willing pair of hands)

When he starts to kick of in public it used to be embarrasing but hey what can you do other parents understand before i had him i used to think "well somebody shut that kid up"

The best thing for me though is on a cooling down lap seeing him clap and cheer with his mum puts a lump in your throat.

Buts that not to be judgemental on people who dont have children its your life live it how you see fit.

Not in my house GT- not in my house. Daddies little trollops know exactly where they stand in importance:

1st Me

2nd The Triumph

3rd Record collection

4th Camera collection

Then on a good day, they might get a look-in ;)

They don't seem to have turned out too bad (thus far :X)

So you are vaugely aware of some short noisy people in your house?  

I assume that they are not allowed anywhere near your Triumph, but that they smash your records to smithereens at any given opportunity!

So you are vaugely aware of some short noisy people in your house?  

I assume that they are not allowed anywhere near your Triumph, but that they smash your records to smithereens at any given opportunity!

Apologies if it may sound smug, but my relationship with the little people is very good. I think when they look at the sometimes distant relationship their friends have with their fathers, they are grateful to put up with my ongoing efforts to embarress them in public ;D

The favoured responce/put-down from my youngest if I profess to give an "I'm in charge" speech is :Sssh. No-one likes you.  :) To which I give a measued and thoughtful: "Oh shut 'yer face!". ;D

They like my stuff and respect it. They do like the Triumph and come home saying they've seen a 'Triumph-thing today', then try to describe what they saw to me :D

Children =  :)

Love this one from the Beeb bummers...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7331882.stm

"Families in meltdown, judge says"

Justice Coleridge warned of a bleak future if the UK did not address the problems he described.

He said "the effects of family breakdown" would, within the next 20 years, be "as marked and as destructive as the effects of global warming".

"We are experiencing a period of family meltdown whose effects will be as catastrophic as the meltdown of the ice caps,"

YEH right!  ::)

Love this one from the Beeb bummers...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7331882.stm

"Families in meltdown, judge says"

Justice Coleridge warned of a bleak future if the UK did not address the problems he described.

He said "the effects of family breakdown" would, within the next 20 years, be "as marked and as destructive as the effects of global warming".

"We are experiencing a period of family meltdown whose effects will be as catastrophic as the meltdown of the ice caps,"

YEH right!  ::)

I rarely buy newspapers, so much sensationalist nonsense contained within them.........

Great pics!  I still say the best kids are those that can be handed back to their parents! ;D

I love having kids, they are the best thing thing that can happen to a person. For those of you yet to have them, you will never know yet do how strong the parental bond is. It is not until one of your children is struck down with severe life threatening illness that you understand what it means when people say they would give up their own lives for their children. Once you have had kids your whole outlook on life changes.