GT6 or Spitfire left hand dash panel

Hi,

Does anyone have the left hand wooden dash panel from a Mk3 GT6 or, at a pinch, a late model Spitfire? I've been changing my US-spec GT6 Mk3 to right hand drive. I'm reusing the original centre section, as the US cars had a unique switch arrangement. I've got a right hand dash panel thanks to Steve Attenborough (thanks Steve) but still need a left hand panel. Once I've got the full set they'll get re-veneered.

If begging and eBaying fail I can get one made - it'll just be a mirror image of the right hand panel on the LHD dash I think - but that approach has more scope to go wrong and not fit properly.

Cheers,

V8 - GT6 - 13/60 Nick

• 1 month later...

Hi Smithy,

Rotten timing, I just bought a complete GT6 dash off fleabay! Mind you none of the woodgrain matches, so a future update will include re-veneering. The new dash's heater control recess features illuminated labels, unlike my old ones, so that's a bonus. More bling!

Nick

Smithy

One of them is on the car (the left hand one - the others and my old left one have, oddly enough, just gone to one of my suppliers to feed them into his CAD system so he can use the resulting drawings on his water jet and laser machines. It's a project I've been working on for a while but got a bit stalled when I was made redundant last year.

Aim is to be able to produce custom dash panels in almost any material with switch/instrument/warning light cut outs wherever you want. I've also made a mock up single piece dash and a left hand dash panel that is a mirror image of the right hand panel with no cut outs that has the possibility for having a radio mount in it.

At the moment it's strictly a job for when I have a bit of spare time and trying to do it without spending any money