Today I, Bollocks.....

7 hours ago, egret said:

Turns out many ovens won't let the oven function until you've set the clock. 10 minute job turned into a 3hr one with much pulling of hair and tracing of wiring :wallbash:

Yeah…. Recently acquired that T-shirt. Very disappointed with myself. The reason you can find nothing wrong with it (apart from the broken light bulb which tripped the rcd) is…. There really is nothing wrong with it! :wallbash:

Even in your balmy climate it's remarkable that you have a banana tree that big at all!

Do you have a Cordyline?   image.thumb.png.2b55f0b472f84255b7c25627fd391d8f.png

Not mine, but like.

I was upset last winter when the several in my garden died, but then I realised that ALL the cordylines in the area had died.  Winter too wet and too cold that time, but (like your banana?) they are all growing back from shoots at ground level.

John

• 2 weeks later...

This time of year is always interesting in Melbourne.

This is yesterday on the freeway at midday.  15c and pissing down.

IMG_7794.jpeg

I was genuinely wondering if Nick and S.M. were back in town..  Last night we had the central heating running in Summer.

Woke up today to sunshine, 27 degrees and no winds.

Convinced Management that we should go for an afternoon ride.  Her comfortable cruise speed hovers just under 20km/h, so I spend a lot of time freewheeling, even on the hybrid, but we managed a 45km lap of the city proper, a coffee stop and a good dose of Vit D.

IMG_7856.jpeg

The Mamil and Management 1/2 way round.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

I was genuinely wondering if Nick and S.M. were back in town..  Last night we had the central heating running in Summer.

Ha! Sadly not.......

Seem to be back on the freeze/drown roller coaster here.  Yesterday the younger ladies ran a marathon on Salisbury Plain and their hair froze...... literally :ohmy:. Peaked at 0ºC yesterday and the day before.  Today it made 9ºC and now it's pissing down.... again. 

Cumbria does indeed appear to be a mess.  So we are much better off than that!

On 12/4/2023 at 7:30 AM, Nick Jones said:

E-bike?  Then she could make you work harder :devil:

I wish.  Unfortunatly its a confidence issue, not a power issue.  Having never ridden a bike till she was 40, it's a long process building her confidence to go any faster.  Wer\'re hetting there...

I do go out riding occasionally with a mate who has a Trek e-bike.  They're limited in their assistance here to 22km/h, so he has to work to stay with me on the flat, but I have to work super hard to stay with him on the hills.

The joys of easyjet today:huh:, to be fair the check in side of it went OK:thumbsup:, just the plane bit of it left a lot to be desired, I'm not tall or oversized but the seat in front was on my knees and the seat was only just wide enough. 

The TVG was clean, on time and fast, no quibbles there at all. 

Oh and it's cold here. :sad:

IMG_20231206_204054.jpg

Now where are you? :smile: Cold suggests you might have turned left when you should have gone right :tongue: 

Meanwhile, here on the sodden, septic isle, it’s raining again…. 

…..and we have been rallying in the very wet Dorset lanes (plus a bit of Somerset).  Went ok. Class win and second overall by a small margin. Frustratingly, a simple cock-up (read the clues properly!) led to us missing a code board. Without that we’d likely have won it. 

That means writing the rally report for the club mag though, so I reckon second will do!:biggrin:

It was so wet that the car may not even be that dirty!

1 hour ago, Nick Jones said:

Well..... in fact...... in daylight (albeit dark grey, watery daylight) my optimism seems well founded.  It's recognisably black all over.  A nature is continuing to rinse it.... :blink:

Silver lining to every cloud:ninja: