Spitfire 1500 seat covers

rogerguzzi

Hello all

My drivers seat base cover split today!!

Now I know Park Lane Classics are top quaily but there will be a lead time and we are off to Spain in 3 1/2 weeks!

So iI could do with a quicker fix?

I have been Trawling Fleabay and saw these at a very cheap price! 

Now I know they will not be top quality(but neither an I at 77.5!!!!!!) and Spitty is not a Conkers car She get used (6,500 miles last year!)

So I recon if they last 2 to 3 years at that price would be ok 

The foams I changed a few years ago and I can beef up the drivers one that is a bit Saggy (like me?)

Triumph Spitfire & GT6 Seat Covers Black Vinyl with headrest covers PAIR | eBay

So any thoughts please

Roger

ps Spain last year

DSC03569.JPG

DSC03662.JPG

DSC03675.JPG

Other than colour they are the same as the ones in my GT6 I think. 

They are ok. Not a great fit, but then I don’t know what the origin of the foams were - they came with seats from Tavistock Steve. Maybe still have the covers they came with somewhere, though I reckon they’re the same as in your link but “lovingly” stored in the rain for a few months with rust marks.

Hello All

All the feed back seems good for all types of covers and they say they are made in the Far East so that is why the pice is lower and I expect the material may be a bit poorer 

But as I say at my great age do I need to worry about such things?

I may wait untill tomorrow to see if I get any more feed back on here or TSSC forum 

Plus I can get them for Tuesday or Wednesday and I only need to fit the one cover at this stage or perhaps both base covers before Spain Trip?

Roger

ps We chase them up the pass and Spitty got very hot under the collar(but it was the new engine ?)

DSC07491.JPG

DSC07497.JPG

DSC07561.JPG

Do not underestimate the effects of black vinyl seats in warm climates. I did when I first "restored" our mk3 many many years ago, it was unbearable and we bought beach towels to use as covers. 

I have used late GT6 covers in my spit, plain black but some sort of cloth faces. At least they are breathable.

Edited by zetecspit

53 minutes ago, zetecspit said:

Do not underestimate the effects of black vynal seats in warm climates. I did when I first "restored" or mk3 many many years ago, it was unbearable and we bought beach towels to use as covers. 

I have used late GT6 covers in my spit, plain black but some sort of cloth faces. At least they are breathable.

Hello

We always pull the tonneau cover over when we get out  if the car is in the sun and most times when its not

I do not bother with the hood cover we just leave the tonneau attached and fold it back and tuck down behind the seats and it works a treat for us!

Roger

1 hour ago, zetecspit said:

It is the "wet back" that I am not keen on. And yes, the hot vinyl when you get in. 

Hello Zetecspit

It is a price we are prepaired  to put up with to vistit Spain and the lovely people and sites and Castles this year!

Plus they dry off quicker when we get wet as we do not put the hood up until the last minute and often get caught out!!

I am almost ready to order a set it's only money?

Roger

ps watching the old Italian job and a man is working on the rear of a proper mini and said he is having trouble with the Differential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC03760.JPG

Hello All

A small Bottle! of vino and I thought sod it and they are ordered a bit less for the kids to spend when I kick the bucket (and they have had plenty believe me !!)

They both would not be living where they are now if it was not for us! but my Mother was just as good to us on a lesser scale and as she said there is no pockets in Shrouds!

Plus if we give it all away the state will have care for us instead of us paying for ourselves(I am not bitter! yes I am I paid in for 40!!! years and have been shafted BIG Time along with others who did the right thing and not P***sed up the wall?)

Still Spain in 3 1/2 weeks and another adventure ?

So come on all you Young people push the bounderies a bit and try it before you get to old!

I promise once you get into it you Will enjoy it or money back(he said with fingers crossed behind his back!!)

As you can tell a bit inubriated (what Me?) but life is short ?

Sorry about the gloom but on a brighter note out on a thrash with 2 TR6's Tomorrow (Spitty can hold her own up to 60 ish as I recon she has best part of 100 bhp now and No Memsahib with me tomorrow as well! and new Shock Absorbers plus TR6's weigh a lot more so power to rate ratio is not that bad ?

Plus overdrive on 2nd really works on twisty hills!

Roger

DSC03595.JPG

• Like 1

Hello All 

This is what a man on the TSSC Forum said so I am happy

Roger

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391027474013?hash=item5b0b0dbe5d:g:YSoAAOSwImRYWUpv&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0KzIqIhiV0CpObCmjyvCY3u7ecJTn1DypyowaIRCfp%2F

I brought these covers in January.  Black with white piping.  I fitted them in February and very pleased with them. Great fit and they are softer than the covers I took off, they also look more like leather than the old ones.

I had already put new foam on the seats a few years ago so that helped.

The head rests did not have white piping too match the covers, so I unpicked the stitching and added my own.

I'm extremely pleased with them.

Danny

Hello All 

When I went out with the 2 TR6's yesterday I was going to do a bit more autotune but did not bother!

I have just worked out the MPG over the last 616 miles and it is just a tad under 44mpg

So I recon on steady running and no thrashing we could be close to 50mpg again and the AFR looks good in most areas!

Roger

ps if the fuel in Spain is the same price as here and we do about 1800miles it will only cost about £250 the bloody Ferry is £671!!!

So it is only a small part of the cost of the trip?

Hello All

The new seat covers have arrived and look good and I will have a go at fitting the drivers seat cushion tomorrow.

The grain is the is the course type like Owen uses and is like the original Triumph one so he says.

Roger

Hello Nick

I used zip ties last time I have glued it on as Owens instructions I will see if I can get it looking reasonable today!

I have run out of glue and a man knocked on the door at 08.00 to say they have found all the broken parts of the pipe and will be digging the lane up now so we can not get out(its only taken 7 days and a bitof ditch digging!!?

So theother one will have to wait still plentyof food in the house and more important plenty of Vino!

Roger

Ps I am involved with aother solar installation as they do not know what they are doing?

Its an off grid cabin and will have a back up generator they want it all automatic as it will be rented to people for short breaks?  

4 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Its an off grid cabin and will have a back up generator they want it all automatic as it will be rented to people for short breaks?  

Interesting. My boss is doing similar for a shepherd’s hut on his land.