365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

1 hour ago, GT6MK3 said:

magic bit of kit called an audible altimeter that plays different tones and alarms to let you know if and when the big round thing is sneaking up on you.

Sounds like a useful thing :smile:

1 hour ago, GT6MK3 said:

Someone was wrong by 6 kms.  Very very wet kinda wrong.

Ah….. tide, time, and thunderstorms wait for no man….. your shower came early….

2 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

I did well over 1000 skydives filming my old skysurf teammate without seeing an altimeter, or knowing where the earth was.  There’s an internal clock that you develop over time, and there’s also a magic bit of kit called an audible altimeter that plays different tones and alarms to let you know if and when the big round thing is sneaking up on you.

I have something like that on my modern for when I'm going backwards, but it only bleeps when I'm less than two feet from contact!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

I did well over 1000 skydives filming my old skysurf teammate without seeing an altimeter, or knowing where the earth was.  There’s an internal clock that you develop over time, and there’s also a magic bit of kit called an audible altimeter that plays different tones and alarms to let you know if and when the big round thing is sneaking up on you.

Day Twenty Eight

B061F27E-B445-41D9-8187-A2B0CDB8431C.jpeg

Someone thought he could get around his 55 minute ride before the incoming thunderstorm hit.  Someone was wrong by 6 kms.  Very very wet kinda wrong.

now get the chain oil'd.

12 hours ago, Hamish said:

Bit wet your way Craig ?

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12527767

There’s always one when a street floods. Nothing terrible, just some summer thunderstorms dumping their wares.

Day Thirty

C2F41C53-9A44-4EBC-A9C8-27A452711FA4.jpeg

After a punishing hour pushing pedals in 30°C heat on the hills round home, this carnivore is keen to see 300 grams of filet steak seared, rested, and onto the plate.

22 hours ago, JohnD said:

Speed camera shot, Craig?

There’s one near home at the bottom of a hill in a 40km/h zone I keep eying off, but can never get the traffic and light sequencing right.  One of these days…

Day 32

9C321CCB-1279-4DD0-966D-37E442910EA3.jpeg

might not look like much, but getting that into my hand required a 3 hour odyssey around town.  3 shops that showed as “in stock” online were out, and eventually a fourth 30 kms away had one.  Grrr.

22 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

New bottom bracket for Big Red? Or resto for Trusty Rusty?

Yep.  As I’m (finally) getting some fitness into my legs and able to push harder uphill, the cranks were noisy whenever I was standing.  Did a little maintenance and discovered as well as not knowing how to torque bolts properly, the dpo also had put a 68mm bottom bracket in where it should have a 73.  Given the leverage this monkey can create, I didn’t think that’s would last long.

Day 33

25849617-598A-4D6C-9535-D20EFF7D70EA.jpeg

Flat out all day, skipped lunch, the monkey is waaay hungry.