365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

mixing it up a bit Craig. Well done. Did the peddle clips work ok ?

Ahh surrey hills. Had a cousin living there in the 1980/90’s when I visited. it was one of the posh bits then. 
but then everywhere has moved on. Even coburg just off Bell st (?) where my great aunt lived is now million dollar property I understand. 

Hills…… yeah. The bicycle is a very sensitive gradient detector…. Especially uphill.

The house cyclist is currently living in the English Riviera (aka Torbaydos) and is finding the topography challenging. It’s not so much the height as the gradient…..

Clips are great Hamish, it’s a different world out of the saddle and going up hills.  New muscle groups getting hammered though, and I’m still building the muscle memory to get them hooked in, and having to think well in advance when they have to come out.

Surrey Hills is still pretty posh.  Melbourne house prices are insane, the median house price in Surrey Hills is currently a hair over 2.5  mill in $Aus (about 1.5 Mill Gbp).

Day164.

Rode to work the long way, with extra hills and more pain.  Only to discover that a home bake morning tea was in progress…

BB814ADF-B1DF-4799-983A-B91AA7D64A3E.jpeg

May have undone all my good work on the bike.

18 minutes ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

I have to draw the line at cake with ketchup

Yeah, tend to agree….. but possibly the plates already emptied by the starving Labrador had contained something suitable for ketchup….

I genuinely haven’t stopped to think “a that’s what today was about”, and grab a photo today.  Woken up by texts from a lawyer who needed tech support, one of those shitty work days when nothing wants to work easily, took out my frustrations at the gym for a couple of hours.

Then, as I sat quietly at 10:30pm SM decided this would be the opportune moment to announce that her email hadn’t been working for 3 days, and she needs it fixed before morning.

So, day 165.

858491CB-5A55-44A4-BE9D-C791482F43EF.jpeg

FFS.

1 hour ago, GT6MK3 said:

Then, as I sat quietly at 10:30pm SM decided this would be the opportune moment to announce that her email hadn’t been working for 3 days, and she needs it fixed before morning.

Something bad has happened….. :wacko:

I can see Craig making his own skydive fan think powered by a local v8 and a ‘borrowed’ propeller 

just make sure it’s on blow and not suck or it’ll become a people blender - not nice-  seen the outcome of Some one going through a macerator. :sick:

19 hours ago, Hamish said:

I can see Craig making his own skydive fan think powered by a local v8 and a ‘borrowed’ propeller 

just make sure it’s on blow and not suck or it’ll become a people blender - not nice-  seen the outcome of Some one going through a macerator. :sick:

Hahaha.  I wish.  I spent 60 minutes in the Tunnel within the last 24 hours.  (Which cost about the same as a changeover GT6 diff at Reamers).  

Day 167

sit3.JPG

An hour in the airflow within 24 hours is the equivalent of 60 freefalls from 12-14000'.  At the end of it I'm getting some payoff by finally starting to fly in some sort of form in the sitfly position.  Progress. 

• Like 2