365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

Hello All

I had my 4th vaccination today 10.30 (moderna) and by 11.30 my arm ached and my head so went for a sleep!

2 hours !! later felt much better and arm only a bit sore now!

All a small price to pay to be better protected amongst the Great Unwashed!

Roger

56 minutes ago, rogerguzzi said:

All a small price to pay to be better protected amongst the Great Unwashed!

Great as in many and unwashed as in don't. Shudder....

Glad to hear that Roger. Hoping they'll star rolling out the 4th jag to the over 60s soon. Friend just returned from business trip to the US with covid and been laid up in bed the last couple of days, 3 jags.

More seriously, my Vax work hangs on the "Temporary Emergency Registration" as a doctor that the General Medical Council offered, no doubt at Governmental urging.     I resigned from my registration as a doctor after I finally retired, in about 2017.     The TER allows me to work as a doctor in various settings, including vaccination, when each time, I must obtain consent from the person about to be jabbed.     If I do not, then in law that jab is an assault, Medical GBH. 

Now the GMC has announced that such TERs will expire in September this year.      I can resign and go fishing, or I may ask for 'routine' registration and pay the usual fee, annually, of more than £400.    The Nursing and Midwifery council has said the same, without a deadline, so far.    To continue to work in vaccination without full registration, I would need there to be someone fully registered to come to obtain consent before every single vaccination, because I will not be qualified to do so.    

80% of the vaccination team in my local Group Practice are retired doctors or nurses.   If they cannot usefully work as vaccinators then the fulltime members of the practice must do so, taking them away from routine GP work.   One or the other programme will suffer, severely.

There is no sign that the vaccination programme will wind down by September.    As said above, over 60s will surely be next for their fourth dose, and a combined Flu and Covid vaccine is in the works for the autumn.   GMC is clearly responding to Gov pressure to 'return to normality' and 'live with Covid', but it just ain't goin' to happen, folks!

Good luck!

JOhn

7 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 102

523E0DDC-A508-40F0-9741-BCAC2A2F15D9.jpeg

venturing out of the house and into the city with SM.  Off to the Melbourne Comedy Festival.

Love comedy events. 
went to a local pub that holds comedy nights. One bloke was on his phone during the first set. He was roasted ALL night for it and the lack of respect etc 

I would  have left- but then I don’t check my phone during a set. 

hope you had a great night. 

Day 104

8 hour workday.  1 hour commute each way.  Lunchtime haircut.  3 hour tutorial session after work with a budding instructor.  Got to be up at 6:30am to go and run the DZ tomorrow.

0D12E91A-5B72-4E18-8B30-BFEDEA9C9583.jpeg

Reckon I’ve earned this one

7 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 106

Trying to figure out just where my student is heading off to…

Not much doubt - straight for Centre of the Earth!

What's the purpose of the 'fins' on shoulder and knee of the suit?

Yep, she's not allowed to learn to fly on her feet till she gets the intermediate license she's working on.  

On 4/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, JohnD said:

What's the purpose of the 'fins' on shoulder and knee of the suit?

They're called "grippers", and they're fabric "sausages" filled with a spongy material.  We use them to grip onto during exits and when making formations, because they're small enough to be able to take a proper, closed fist grip and hang on to.  No one has hands big enough to hold onto a bicep or a thigh (and it hurts the holdee if they try), so we use the grippers to make life easier.

Day 107

IMG_3018.PNG

One for John - you can see that the camera flier is just taking up the grip on the outside of the leg, and I've got my arm under the novices leg, and holding the gripper so I've got lots of leverage without hurting her leg.

20 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

They're called "grippers", and they're fabric "sausages" filled with a spongy material.  We use them to grip onto during exits and when making formations, because they're small enough to be able to take a proper, closed fist grip and hang on to.  No one has hands big enough to hold onto a bicep or a thigh (and it hurts the holdee if they try), so we use the grippers to make life easier.

Day 107

IMG_3018.PNG

One for John - you can see that the camera flier is just taking up the grip on the outside of the leg, and I've got my arm under the novices leg, and holding the gripper so I've got lots of leverage without hurting her leg.

Thanks!     (Learn something every day - Socrates, or someone)

John

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

Bet you are good at putting the duvet cover on too :biggrin:

I was running packing lessons on the weekend - I like to tell my students when they’re struggling to control the fabric that “it gets easier after the first few thousand…”

Day 109

DA9E8F81-50F2-43B7-AE78-0D00E53EEFA8.jpeg

When the roof at the office springs a leak, somehow that’s an IT problem.

33 minutes ago, GT6MK3 said:

it gets easier after the first few thousand…”

Hmm…. My Grandmother, on the subject of child rearing, use to reckon that “the first 20 years are the worst”. Still got one at home 23 years in, but he’s not that much trouble…. Mostly.

35 minutes ago, GT6MK3 said:

When the roof at the office springs a leak, somehow that’s an IT problem.

It’s the old “interesting tasks” again. Only it’s not very interesting :ermm:

So long as you are still charging at IT rates :smile: