365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

21 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Wheezy and sneezy, but still neg on RATs. Chicken and veggie soup time.

Looking a bit haggard there…… could just be due to riding 1000ks on a scooter though…. Not to mention the aggro of making it to the start…..

Get well soon!

Day 86

AFB9BCEF-0999-406D-888A-436113DB7263.jpeg

My Mille teammate who I shared the house, and the drive to and from the event with went pos today.  That’s now just under a third of participants.

6 negative RATs so far, including one at the respiratory clinic today.  According to the Dr (Professor !) on duty, I’ll go positive eventually.  PCR tomorrow.

Hello Craig

I allways thought those Scooter things were dangerous after riding my cousins(once!) after repairing for her.

Still better than what you have now?

Get well soon

Roger

DSC01522.JPG

2 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

My Mille teammate who I shared the house, and the drive to and from the event with went pos today.  That’s now just under a third of participants.

6 negative RATs so far, including one at the respiratory clinic today.  According to the Dr (Professor !) on duty, I’ll go positive eventually.  PCR tomorrow.

Shared a house with 10 guys on the Spain cycling trip. Six of the ten came down including the guy I shared the room with. I stayed 'clean'. So you never know. Fingers crossed though.

Like the wee scooter though. My Mum toured Europe on something like that back in the 1950s before she was married.

That Velocette is gorgeous Roger, very jealous.  The scooters are definitely dangerous, especially at 75+mph ;-)

Day 87

4B9B21B6-E21E-4AA6-A06E-1339FD52D23D.jpeg

7 negative RATs, now waiting on a PCR result.  Another 7 days in Covid jail if it’s positive .  Time to cook some long slow meals.

Cheers H.  I'm fine really, got the equivalent of a mild-mid level cold, really just frustrated 'cos I'm in covid jail.  Very grateful to be triple jabbed, with a mix of AstraZ and Mrna, which seems to be doing a stirling job of keeping everything mild.  Hopefull my current fitness level are helping out (and wont drop off to much while I'm in stir).

Day 88

19D77C2A-5B63-4C61-BFBB-44148BD616B5.jpeg

April 1st, and I woke to a txt from the Dept of Health telling me that the PCR was positive for Covid.  

No follow up txt to tell me it was an April fools joke.

7 more days in stir.  

(Note - I feel fine, I owe a big thank you to whoever developed AstraZenica and Moderna.  So far it’s been no worse than a mild cold.  Better living through chemistry!)

Typical :rolleyes:

hope it doesn’t get any worse 

I guess that it’s working from home rather than off sick and full time scooter fettling !!

you will have to get creative with the next lot of home based pics.

Tests……. ! I had “something” about 3 weeks ago. It could have been a cold.  It could have been Covid. I tested negative 4 times (RAT) over 4 days and gave up because I got mostly better.  SM was unaffected but also testing negative.

I’d certainly had the opportunity to catch Covid and the only ill people I’d been near were Covid……. As far as I can tell I didn’t pass it on anywhere, whatever it was.

Latest UK govt Covid control method is to make it much harder/more expensive to test. That’ll make the numbers drop. But not the actual cases….. Shall we call it the (return to) the ostrich method…..:huh:

13 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Latest UK govt Covid control method is to make it much harder/more expensive to test. That’ll make the numbers drop. But not the actual cases….. Shall we call it the (return to) the ostrich method…..:huh:

I suppose we have to go back to normal, whatever that is, at some point. Cases are high but intensive care demand is lower. And there are no calls to start testing for other similarly infectious and dangerous infections like influenza for example.

Interesting though that England with it's relatively more laissez faire approach is doing far better on case rates than Ecosse with its consistently more distinctive (restrictive) one for whatever reason. Might be constructive to find out why, although fair to say that much of Scotland has significantly greater levels of poverty, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, a generally lower life expectancy, etc. than England, and most of Europe for that matter.

My constituency (represented by N Sturgeon) being one of the worst of the worst :blink:

2 hours ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

Might be constructive to find out why,

If I can get 'er upstairs in a reasonable enough mood to ask, I shall do Colin.

She's no longer on the main COVID stats team, but is on one of the more peripheral teams so she does still have an overview. I am assuming of course that they are looking at this as well, though I think that is a fairly likely scenario.

43 minutes ago, thebrookster said:

If I can get 'er upstairs in a reasonable enough mood to ask, I shall do Colin.

She's no longer on the main COVID stats team, but is on one of the more peripheral teams so she does still have an overview. I am assuming of course that they are looking at this as well, though I think that is a fairly likely scenario.

Thank you sir. Interesting to know. I guess that this sort of detail will all come out in the wash eventually as part of the learning on how to identify and manage this sort of thing a whole lot better in future. One would hope...

41 minutes ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

Thank you sir. Interesting to know. I guess that this sort of detail will all come out in the wash eventually as part of the learning on how to identify and manage this sort of thing a whole lot better in future. One would hope...

Answer is, they don't know! She did say that on a historical basis Scotland and England have routinely differed for little apparent reason in both directions. The other factor mentioned was that England has a much lower vaccination uptake than Scotland.

So not so much help there, I'm afraid!

You may hope that we wil learn from our mistakes, to prepare for the next pandemic, but we won't.   Exercise Cygus, as recently as 2016, was a 'war game' to test the UK's preparedness and the performance of plans in the face of a virulent flu pandemic (think 'Spanish' flu, 1919).   It found many weaknesses, in particular inadequate numbers of ICU beds, and a lack of plans or organisation to deal with such an emergency.     Apparently, nothing was done to correct that by the time Covid hit, because that is exactly what happened.

59 minutes ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

:confused:

To be fair, I'm mostly camped out on the couch through boredom, I'm wheezy and sneezy still, not anything acute.  Current protocols here require I stay isolated in the house for a week, and having done that as a close contact when SM had the bug a few weeks back, there's very little of interest left to do in the house except sleep and TV.  

I've been in here for about 6 days now, and the level of stir crazy is rising.  When SM got the bug I had to stay home as a Close Contact, but since she's under 8 weeks since she had it, she's exempt and allowed out.  Unsurprisingly, she's finding lots of reasons not to stay home with the grumpy carrier.  

50 minutes ago, GT6MK3 said:

I've been in here for about 6 days now

Light at the end of the tunnel should be getting quite near and bright now then, or is it from the day of positive test….. in which case it’s not quite so near?

20 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Light at the end of the tunnel should be getting quite near and bright now then, or is it from the day of positive test….. in which case it’s not quite so near?

Locked up till midnight either Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on which Doc you ask.  Moot point at the moment.  Restless night, then slept all day till 7pm.

Day 93

WIN_20220403_18_23_30_Pro.jpg

Tired despite all the sleep.