365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

Day 121

C8ED229C-0514-4FEC-A5D5-6F30AACD43DD.jpeg

Left the DZ early and drove for 2.5 hours so Dad and I could watch a game of football together.  Winners are grinners, leaving as the kids rush the ground below us post match. 

Always good to spend some time with him, even better when our team salutes.

• Like 3

But do, when that green light goes on!   I was so lucky to enjoy my job, that I went on for another two years.   Two years in which I could have been enjoying my retirement even more!

John

Day 125

IMG_3121.JPEG

Note to self, if you head out for a 20km ride on a crisp 7°C autumn morning, shoes and socks are wiser than sandals, and might help stop your feet and toes turning into ice blocks.

Day 126

3DE4F182-255F-41C0-99E6-9D116788D153.jpeg

Lift the heavy thing up, put the heavy thing down.  Lift the heavy thing up, put the heavy thing down.  Lift the heavy thing up, put the heavy thing down.  Lift the heavy thing up, put the heavy thing down.  Lift the heavy thing up, put the heavy thing down.  Lift the heavy thing up, put the heavy thing down.

• Haha 1

Dumbells?  Or weights for some sort of exercise machine?

Kafka said that the worst words in the world were, "I am a Government Inspector, and I am here to help you."

I disagree.    I run as fast as I am able from the words "Exercise machine"!

Edited by JohnD

Day 127

89838FED-6B79-4270-9943-152753754BEC.jpeg

It seems my very expensive engine cases come with spacers for the swing arm bushes that are both 4.5 mm undersize, which means  the motor (and therefore rear wheel) can slide almost a cm left and right,  Un-ideal!

Out it comes again, off to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, GT6MK3 said:

spacers for the swing arm bushes that are both 4.5 mm undersize, which means  the motor (and therefore rear wheel) can slide almost a cm left and right,  Un-ideal!

Un-ideal indeed. I have no doubt you will overcome!

Was it doing this on your 1000kms? Or am I confused about which machine you are working on….?

Same bike, but this is the new engine I built last year and haven't had time to install till now.  Once I got home from the Mille, I bit the bullet and ripped out the old donk to make sure I stopped dithering.

25 minutes ago, GT6MK3 said:

Tomorrow I find out if my non existent contract gets extended

Non-existent contract?:huh: I thought you worked for a law firm (among others)?  Contract would be a legal requirement here…..

Opportunity to renegotiate the rate maybe….. reckon you are a flight-critical component of their organisation!

• Like 1