365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

Day 111

IMG_3049 (1).jpeg

When work pings you to come back in as you’re leaving home for a pedal an hour before dark, the wise thing to do would be to head back in, and go to work in the car.
The more adventurous choice is to ride the hour to work, get the job done, then hit the trails for an hour in the dark to get home. 
I choose adventure...

On 4/23/2022 at 12:36 AM, Hamish said:

Many arms folded there - delay on the food ?

wonderful to be able to be able to get together tho :biggrin:

Iirc my sister, brother in law and nephew were gently mocking Dad by adopting his crossed arm reaction to being told it was his turn with the bill (again…).  Always good to see family.

Day 115

004C34FE-F1FD-4354-B58F-CE9444A501AA.jpeg

whole day spent chasing why my AFR gauge was stuck at 10.2.  Fuel tank out, new sender tried, new spartan swapped in, new gauge t’d in, then finally I spent the two minutes to unscrew the front cover and check that the monkey who wired the gauge (me!) had in fact inserted the pins properly into the plug.  Ahem.  Problem solved.  Should only take a couple of hours to put it all back together.

9 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

check that the monkey who wired the gauge (me!) had in fact inserted the pins properly into the plug.  Ahem.

Yes….. so disappointing to be presented with clear evidence of your own incompetence, especially after a long hunt for other causes. 

I have a number of these T shirts. 

Still, fault found, easy, no parts fix. It’s win, except for the wounded pride .

On 4/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, JohnD said:

"Glory glory what a hell of a way to die

Suspended by your braces when you don’t know how to fly"  (Very old Scout song)

Quite :thumbsup:

On 4/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, GT6MK3 said:

279002036_10159035604786200_3116226362541902396_n.jpg

Filming one of my buddies as we jumped into a country airshow.

That is a very big flag. Where did you find the Dutch guy carry it :tongue:

Day 116

D5EA4724-BF98-4D0D-A0CC-18298330CFD1.jpeg

Awoke to a very grumpy eyelid.  Apparently I have unusually thin corneas.  My sight in the other eye changed overnight about 8 years ago when pressure from a really nasty stye changed the shape of its cornea.  Lots of antibiotics now whenever this happens.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:33 AM, GT6MK3 said:

Day 115

004C34FE-F1FD-4354-B58F-CE9444A501AA.jpeg

whole day spent chasing why my AFR gauge was stuck at 10.2.  Fuel tank out, new sender tried, new spartan swapped in, new gauge t’d in, then finally I spent the two minutes to unscrew the front cover and check that the monkey who wired the gauge (me!) had in fact inserted the pins properly into the plug.  Ahem.  Problem solved.  Should only take a couple of hours to put it all back together.

Good job you do a better job on this site! Ha Ha

Roger

ps it is allways the last thing all us so clever thinking people look at! a bit like its stopped it must xy or z but we have run out of fuel/battery!!!!!

Day 120

F7C244A6-E91E-477C-8AFB-006BAFC2C7EC.jpeg

30 seconds after I realized that although the engine was in, the cables that absolutely, positively, have run under the swing arm, we’re over the top of it when I finally got it to fit.

Nice try, start again/

On 4/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, GT6MK3 said:

Day 119

5696735C-F78C-4617-9813-0B4EAC867382.jpeg

Thank you Alexander Fleming et al.

Et al, indeed!    Without Florey and Chain, Fleming's interesting discovery would have remained that, an obscure facet of mould biochemistry.   Yes, Fleming discovered penicillin, and yes, he shared a Nobel with them, but he really did b*gg*r all else to get antibiotics off the ground.     That  was Florey and Chain's work, propelled by the needs  of war, that delivered over 2 million doses for the D-Day invasion of France.