365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

10 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 58

A874947C-78EE-4582-BE84-33B222C73360.jpeg

The spaghetti clean up continues

I admire your skills with electrickery. Something I can’t seem to get my head around ?!?
These computers are soooo complicated!!

I bet you’ll be pleased to get back to the simple wiring on a classic scooter ……….:thumbsup:

Just tired .  That ones a PX Vespa sender, which is also quite tired!  SM has recovered well, and is back to celebrating her 50th again and again!  I remain lucky and untroubled.  Lots of it around, it’ll get me eventually.

Day 60

F05CBEBC-47FB-490E-B058-EBA71095AE4C.jpeg

The universe provided Melbourne with an absolutely cracking autumn day today, so when I got home I went out and sucked in the pure joy of pedaling like crazy in the sun.  

Day 62

7CAA86BE-6551-400C-AC7D-9028778674A8.jpeg

Threw the chain off Big Red’s front cog while powering up to get across a green light on the biggest hill in the neighborhood.  Totally jammed between the inner cog and frame. Completely unfixable without ruining the cog or pulling the cogs off (which requires specialized tools) so I stripped the wheels off and called an Uber X home. 

23 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Poo!  SRAM mech by any chance?

Do you have the necessary tool?

Shimano Altus.  Just needed the crank remover, didn’t even need to take it all the way off.

Day 63

2FEB76F9-11FE-4774-82E1-9726ECE503C3.jpeg

A long day in the garage has wheels back on the Minnow

Day 64

5CEEF393-2AB0-4BE4-B517-98E182F765BA.jpeg

Step one is admitting you have a problem.  
In my defense I’ve been pushing the chunky tyres on Big Red around the bike paths and in and out of town, and it’s been frustrating to have people on city bikes rolling past me.  I’ve been looking for a hybrid for a while, and this Roam 2 came up.  An unwanted gift for someone, it’s never been ridden till today, and came with a free pump, rack and helmet, and was going for 1/2 retail.  It’s lightweight, las a lockout fork, and skinnier tyres that are considerably more fun to push around.

22 hours ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

Slippery slope you have embarked on.

At this rate in 12 months time you'll be in lycra and shaving your legs :laugh:

It happens :cool:

If it means I stay fit it’ll be a small price to pay.

Day 64.

AF3B7EF0-1A29-407F-B967-AA5294B0EB61.jpeg

UPS battery died in the server rack this arvo, setting off alarms, so I rode 20 kms to change it out (14 paved, 4 gravel, 2 on dirt), then turned around and pushed it on the way home and beat my outbound time by 6 minutes.  On arrival home SM announced she’d decided we were walking to and from tonight’s dinner destination, a mere 4.5kms each way.  I know better than to argue.

Day 65

803AF923-3F47-442E-9708-782B354A9A8C.jpeg

After yesterday’s over exertion, I promised my legs I’d only ride the short track today.  Of course,  once I was out there, I turned left instead of right, and headed down the long path.  Compromise meant a stop half way round.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 66

WIN_20220310_18_30_34_Pro.jpg

getting a scooter back on the road for the mille in a fortnight

A mile not exactly a challenging distance or time to do it in Craig. !!! I know it’s a scooter but still ………..:ninja:

Edited by Hamish

Hmmmm…. IIRC, Mille = 1000, which, even in Kms, is a reasonable (?!) distance on a scooter….. especially one that has been all the way apart for some time and could do with some practice at being a working machine before being sent into battle…..

Where is the Mille this year Craig? Hopefully the route is all above water?

Funny (peculiar, not haha) how the children of “big dogs” are often second-raters…….

2 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 66

WIN_20220310_18_30_34_Pro.jpg

Should be: At home in the garage getting a scooter back on the road for the mille in a fortnight

Is: In the office catching up on the work the boss's son didn't do.

Nepotism.  Gotta love it. 

That

That’s  one very focused look.

2 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Hmmmm…. IIRC, Mille = 1000, which, even in Kms, is a reasonable (?!) distance on a scooter….. especially one that has been all the way apart for some time and could do with some practice at being a working machine before being sent into battle…..

Where is the Mille this year Craig? Hopefully the route is all above water?

Funny (peculiar, not haha) how the children of “big dogs” are often second-raters…….

Oh apologies I read it as a mile !!!

my bad eyes - white stick on order.