365 photos in 365 days (part deux)

Day 45

1AAED5E5-2937-4909-9D25-028D54F5FBAD.jpeg

Punting SM’s Corolla home along the Great Ocean Road.  One of the few times I’ve enjoyed it for years, the lack of O/S tourists on the wrong side of the road made it fun again.

Sadly SM’s headache and nausea turned out not to be caused by my reckless abandon with her tyres, and the positive RAT she turned in on our arrival home means there will be a lot of photos around the house for the next week or two.

17 minutes ago, GT6MK3 said:

Day 45

1AAED5E5-2937-4909-9D25-028D54F5FBAD.jpeg

Punting SM’s Corolla home along the Great Ocean Road.  One of the few times I’ve enjoyed it for years, the lack of O/S tourists on the wrong side of the road made it fun again.

Sadly SM’s headache and nausea turned out not to be caused by my reckless abandon with her tyres, and the positive RAT she turned in on our arrival home means there will be a lot of photos around the house for the next week or two.

day 45 already !!!!

hope she doesn't suffer too much ( on with your nurses uniform ) and that you escape without knowing you've had it.

H

can you test to get early release as a positive case ?

current rules for us is that double jabbed don't have to isolate as a close contact

it is also anticipated that MP Johnson will announce on monday the early cessation of all covid rules 

testing isolation the lot ( it ends at the end of march anyway)

Nope.

Current rule is 7 days for a positive case, and 7 days for a close contact.  Close contact is having spent 4 or more hours indoors with a positive case in the 3 days before they go positive.

If I go positive before the 7 days is up, I get another 7 days from the time of the positive test.  So I’m diminishing my carefully hoarded stockpile of RATs, testing every night just before midnight so as to minimize the impact if I do wear it.

We’re both triple jabbed, and luckily Juliette has had minimal symptoms other than mild cold like stuff.  We’re isolating separately within the house, with the house roughly divided in half (think The Brady Bunch and a ribbon down the middle of the house!) with me dropping of food at her door, and living like a monk in the rest of the house.  Quite weird, but I really don’t want another 7 days in iso.

5 hours ago, Hamish said:

can you test to get early release as a positive case ?

current rules for us is that double jabbed don't have to isolate as a close contact

it is also anticipated that MP Johnson will announce on monday the early cessation of all covid rules 

testing isolation the lot ( it ends at the end of march anyway)

What could "MP" stand for, Hamish?   Not Prime Minister!

Escape velocity not achieved…… must try harder. The legs are evil and must be punished!

Those things shred tyres….. have you got lots rubber dust on the floor…… and walls….. and ceiling!

The boy has one of those new fangled hub-dyno  things connected to the internet.  And a cooling fan. Still get sweat puddles…..:pinch:

Glad to hear the end of isolation is at hand!

Nice to be able to ride the turbo outside though.

I am stuck inside my pain cave with the turbo...having come back from Spain to be informed that four of the guys I was away with, including my roommate all tested positive I too am in isolation. Although fully vaxed and testing negitave on lateral flow and PCR. So freedom becons today.

I have one of those new-fangled hub dyno things connected to the internet, with my ancient CX bike, and two fans, one on the floor and one on the wall, and a telly. And some motivational pictures on the wall :biggrin:

20220219_125501.thumb.jpg.ece21a51cb0aa56781509f79769bcaec.jpg

Keep up the good work there :thumbsup: