Thanks

GT6MK3

There was a problem in the back end of the site tonight.  Instead of spending hours trying to fix it, I reported it to our software suppliers, and we were able to resolve it within hours.  (Which led me to find another glitch, which is next on their list).

Thankyou to everyone who tips into the bucket of money we use to run Sideways.  I don't post very often here, but like many, I'm logged in every day, and love hearing from my Sideways brethren.  Your contributions go to hosting, software, registrations, and (most importantly), support.  My role at Sideways is to do the tech and keep us running, and your contributions mean I can lean on the experts and do that easy rather than hard.

Sideways has no "Club" managing it. It basically runs on the good will of Nick and I.  This weekend it's two years since I was lucky enough to stay at his house, meet Senior and Junior Management, and ride in one of his fleet.  Defiantly one of my favorite weekends in the UK, and (having also been lucky enough to also meet some very tired regulars as they got close to completing the RBRR), it reminded me why Sideways is such a good thing. 

Times are tough for folks all round the world, so thanks to those who continue contribute, both financially and through your keyboards.

Keep Tinkering, Keep Posting, Stay Safe, Contribute in ways that you can.

Thanks,

Craig

• Like 1

Hello Craig

John has just pricked my conscience and made me realize it was long its been since I donated(time flies at my age well that's my excuse!)

So donation made.

I would be lost without all the advice I get from this Forum.

There are plenty of others that would tell me how to do it like the Factory and Konkers etc!

But that is the easy and boring way and I like to think we are doing what the Factory Engineers would have done given the Chance and Technology.

Roger

bugger forgotten how to donate

Craig do a simple guide to how to spent the money to keep Sideways alive :)

Mike

(havent done any car stuff for weeks, busy building electric spinning wheels for the wife.... simple design but the opportunity to add electronics and measurements... )

5 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

This weekend it's two years since I was lucky enough to stay at his house, meet Senior and Junior Management, and ride in one of his fleet.  Defiantly one of my favorite weekends in the UK, and (having also been lucky enough to also meet some very tired regulars as they got close to completing the RBRR), it reminded me why Sideways is such a good thing. 

Two years.....  I can't decide if it's passed in a flash or feels like it's a memory from another epoch....... both really.  Was a bloody good weekend anyway.

5 hours ago, GT6MK3 said:

Thankyou to everyone who tips into the bucket of money we use to run Sideways.

And our thanks back to you for keeping the wheels on and turning smoothly :smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mpbarrett said:

bugger forgotten how to donate

Craig do a simple guide to how to spent the money to keep Sideways alive :)

Mike

(havent done any car stuff for weeks, busy building electric spinning wheels for the wife.... simple design but the opportunity to add electronics and measurements... )

Hello Mike

Not being rude but top line of page? (Probably an age thing? it is with me when I ask daft questions!)

Roger

ps no offence meant (I could say you daft old B***R) but that would be really rude!

8 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Mike

Not being rude but top line of page? (Probably an age thing? it is with me when I ask daft questions!)

Roger

ps no offence meant (I could say you daft old B***R) but that would be really rude!

Cheers!

I am sure that link never used to be there ;)  

No offence take, will send off a donation later today...

Mike

This is from the mobile page:

Screenshot_20201010-150449.thumb.jpg.ef5ba6931b0f27ba3c02e9a6f8180772.jpg

Look where I have circled blue, press the plus symbol. This gives a list of options, one of which is an option to donate. 

I would imagine the pc version of the page is similar.

Don't use the Donations link on the Menu, this has been defunct for a long time!!

Phil

Edited by thebrookster
Fat Thumbs!!

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Or, right at the top of the page, under the title, one of the buttons is "Donation"

Doesn't work John, all that does (for most of us anyway) is take us to a page that shows how much donations have been made, there is no option here to actually make a donation.

5 minutes ago, JohnD said:

There'sd a box on that page, top right, that says "Donate Now!"

That takes you to Craig's moneybox!

Cheers John but not on mine - other than the same '+creat' tab.

Not sure but it might be a Firefox or popup blocker issue as sometimes I find that with other sites.

Although as I missed the other one before I'm not being too categorical on this :blush:

32463667_Screenshot_2020-10-10Donations-SidewaysTechnologies.thumb.png.67078923523f1fe517adf7ac16dfc30d.png