Engine build help request . Please..

Just stung for another 170.00 import tax on the header !

P.S Going back to my van panel repairs - I was shocked myself when I went into ‘ ONE STOP ‘ a good garage I have used for MOT and tyres in the past by Bromley North station to ask if the owner knew of any decent spray shops . He ask to have a look at the panel and despite not being a body shop said ‘ leave it with me for a day and a night and I will do that for you for 250.00 cash .   SORTED !!   3500.00 are you serious ????

1 hour ago, Spit131 said:

P.S Going back to my van panel repairs - I was shocked myself when I went into ‘ ONE STOP ‘ a good garage I have used for MOT and tyres in the past by Bromley North station to ask if the owner knew of any decent spray shops . He ask to have a look at the panel and despite not being a body shop said ‘ leave it with me for a day and a night and I will do that for you for 250.00 cash .   SORTED !!   3500.00 are you serious ????

ha! How does it look?

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking at my late stage in life that I need to start thinning my auto nest . 
Having a big pool of parts is very comforting until it reaches a point that  there isn’t a room in your tiny castle not causing claustrophobia !
A car , two engines and two short blocks and all the normal garage/garden stuff in a single garage . Seven heads and numerous cam carriers/covers on the staircase . Seven boxes of bits in the sitting room and twelve boxes of bits in the kitchen !!
If Debra was not a fashion hoarder I would have been given ultimatums a long time ago .
If I had a fully running car and 8 boxes of spares in the garage I would be a happy man .
I have therefore posted potential adds on GC forum and Betaboys forum for the 130tc engine and the 1600 GC Volumex currently in the car . I will concentrate on the 2.0 injection build using one of the two new short blocks in the garage . More suitable to touring/track day .
If we get a chance to move we won’t need any more than what is essential to be moving . Also with the current climate some cash in would be helpful ..

Thats the theory .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

Hopefully I have sold my GC 1585 VX engine to a leading member on the Guy Croft forum . I have started digging out relevant parts and unbolting from the TranX ready for pick up this week .

it is destined for a Moggie van the guy is building for his father to join the two GC powered Minors he has himself .

Be good to sell the 130tc rebuilt engine as well but no enquiries so far . Nor for the 1592 engine and box . ‘ patience grasshopper , patience ‘ .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yesterday evening on seeing a barn find Beta engine and box located in Sittingbourne ( 30 miles away , where SMD are based ) listed at 150.00 start price and no bids with 11 hours to go I stuck a bid of 180.00 on it . I have no money atm and no means of collecting it but it would surely fetch considerably more than the start price !

Only one other bidder who went up to 170.00 . The unpredictability of EBay .

I will now have to hire a van for a day , mine being full of work gear , but will hopefully gain the opportunity to pop in and speak with Lain at SMD .

I doubt if I will be lucky enough that it is not only a 2.0 but also that the crank is a decent standard size example that I could use in the 130tc engine .

If I was that lucky , I will certainly sell off the box , the cam belt cover and the water pipe ( the pipes are sought after ) . This should get some of the costs back . Could be a wreck of course ?

238129BF-35B2-40DA-987A-A3B5093C727D.png.a7fffe09bb98fa4f3b9885ccf87e15ca.pngEDF4E658-9DAF-4DC2-A54E-340F83CA647F.png.b2cc9e88b58d7bd0de03e6d566f8bd63.png7AFA9325-85C9-4C44-9B39-E7B57F84F9E9.png.616a8ff22a39b06608c7c08bf272710a.png2CF27400-A066-4361-B71F-846DDB9A7089.thumb.png.87db5a55df1324b450e26be3a7858e62.png

Oh , not surprising that I was shouted at by a certain person when I confessed this afternoon ! :biggrin:

• 8 months later...

This is the new block build underway at CCK in Sussex .

Arrow rods , Ross race pistons ,tri-metal bearings , GuyCroft/Titan dry sump , race fly wheel , Tilton twin plate clutch . All fully balanced .

Turns out the big valve head , although well ported had slight miss matches in the valve stem grooves v’s retainers and valve top over grinding . CCK have now ordered new 47mm BMW inlet lvalves and new 38mm Ford V6 Exhaust valves which they will match to the Isky springs and retainers and billet race/fast road cams , adjustable cam wheels and 1” belt .

still missing a triple garage but have not given up hope !!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CF31C0CA-6DE9-44F4-B32B-62CBCE437BD1.thumb.jpeg.f34022aeb0f0e0dab3eb4a6e3687edff.jpegNearly there . 
The trigger wheel needs bolting to the alternator pulley , the stripped out water pump is having a sealing plate tigged to it and a fixing bolt/bracket to secure the arm holding the pump belt tensioner still to be sorted . I thankfully managed to obtain a couple of Gates 1” cam belts so one will be swapped for the 3/4” version seen . There was some slight trimming of the piston cut outs needed to ensure clearance . The owner of CCK Daniel has just taken delivery of a new Porsche cup racer so I imagine that will take priority this weekend ! As if there weren’t enough stunning motors already at his disposal ! :biggrin:

1CBC8897-A1D0-4145-AEC7-9CFD6AD8D1E1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening Sideways ,

CCK did an initial fit of the exhaust header I purchased from Allison’s in the states today to find the collector on it just fouls the AN fitting on the rear of the dry sump pump bracket .We are only talking about about 6-12 mm if I understand it right . 
It seems it is definitely too much for a thicker manifold gasket . I suggested a few remedies ;

Heat up the four exhaust tubes and put a slight bend into the system .

Machine an angle onto the manifold flange to bring the collector away from the block . Of course the bolt locations would also then need a slight angle added .

Add an angled steel addition to the manifold flange .

Not easy to accurately see relationships of relevant parts in the pics but then you are CLEVER BOYS . Any opinions please ???  :biggrin:

D996995C-CB99-410C-A327-BE75D194B80B.jpeg

0242BE09-A328-4985-9480-DD99008BA926.jpeg

57F90927-956A-486B-8095-F25BCFD44023.jpeg