Efi Vitesse

Hi all

They are Triumph Street triple 675 R bodies similar to Mr Speedy's who gave me the inspiration. They look identical to Daytona 675 and the same as I have on my Triumph tiger 800 xc and all made by Keihin.

I wanted a matched set so got them from the same breakers and are from 2014, 2016 modles less than 3000 miles. I noticed that the injectors have different numbers on so thought they were different. Spoke with Triumph and they only use the number stamped on the bodies which are the same except from the suffix. They had no reference for the numbers on the injectors. These numbers and the leters on the bodies probably relate to a batch number. Spoke with the breakers who checked another identical set similar year and again had different injector numbers and suffix on the throttle bodies. So I am now pretty sure they are the same.

Refurbished PI bodies with ball bearings and new shafts

can be made perfect and nothing will be really better on a TR6.

Best what others can achieve is the same level but what is

still positive on the PI is the original look and all the equipment

around that fits like airbox and air filter.

I prepared two engines with EFI and PI bodies and no complains.

Jenvey and bike bodies provide a nice precision and are newer

and work out of the box very well.

Bike bodies need an adaptor and a manifold to fit.

So all in all its more the personal taste and skill what way to go.

They have 41mm butterflies, looked bigger (edit 44- 45mm) 

I went this way because they come complete with injectors, fuel rails, TPS etc. and are virtually new. This route should work out a lot cheaper than modifying the PI bodies I have.

I can make up inlet manifolds. Gobsmacked at the price of these new, over £1000 for just the body plus rail, injectors etc. a real bargin second hand at the moment.

I know there will probably be a few problems along the way but I think it will be worth it. 

These Keihin throttle bodies are really well made and loverly to look at, make great ornaments.

Edited by Mark

Two things are the most relevant ones:

A bulletproof fuel supply where nothing can pop off

to avoid a nice fire under the bonnet

and a most precise opening of all the six butterflies. 

Would like to see some pictures how the things go on.

Seems to become a very interesting project!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

In preparation for future fuel injection, as mentioned in another thread, I want to use Nick's idea of taking a supply from the Vitesse fuel tank drain plug and have it return through the original feed at the top of the tank. The drain bolt came out surprisingly easy and is 5/8 UNF. I have been unable to find a banjo connector of that thread following numerous calls to various suppliers. I could go 5/8 to an-6 male to male and the a 90 degree off that but thought it would start getting bulky compared with Nicks neat solution and expensive. 

Anyway, it turns out that either the brass temp sender or the short outlet pipe from the water pump housing has the correct thread although not as many turns as the original plug. I have several of each fittings but decided to use the steel fitting, partly because I was not sure if the sender unit is filled with mercury. 

I bent a piece of 10mm pipe and welded on the cut down threaded section. Should work fine, and was free.

Mark

post-741-0-07964100-1481753220_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark