Please Read: Forum Etiquette

mattius

Right, heres the script:

This forum has survived with very very little moderation for years and hopefully it will stay that way.

However recent and previous events have potential to just destroy our little community into a bad tempered infighting squabble between certain members.

We have always been transparent about everything, and open to all, so here it is out in the open.

I did ban GT temporarily, but then rethought that, it maybe unfair as we are not all being judged to the same level.

From now on I don't care who you are, blatant abuse of others on this forum will not be tolerated, whether that is aimed at GT, Craig or The whole community, and just so we are transparent i expect any other mod to apply the same rules to me!

We have a good community, i don't want to see us loose members cause they are getting abuse or don't like whats happening.

Play nice or the 24hour ban hammer is coming to get you.

If an attention seeking troll with a propensity for free advertising at others expense gets his head above the parapit I firmly believe he should have his ass schooled repeatedly until he either adapts, yeilds, or gets lost and sets up his own "reality" where he can do what the **** he wants without shitting upon the green grass of the other side, then flicking that shit all over everyone regardless of their interest in the shit matter.

No more McJim comments; I might be forced to release the private communication I have that spans over 8 pages where the Jim guy is manipulated and used a henchmen by man with a large Chinn. The McJim analogy isn't being correctly used and it's getting stale and annoying.

Using the McJim analogy as a method of protection for friends or foes should go down in my ample rules as being out of order.

If an attention seeking troll with a propensity for free advertising at others expense gets his head above the parapit I firmly believe he should have his ass schooled repeatedly until he either adapts, yeilds, or gets lost and sets up his own "reality" where he can do what the **** he wants without shitting upon the green grass of the other side, then flicking that shit all over everyone regardless of their interest in the shit matter.

Concur 100%. If a certain individual has managed to get himself booted off almost quite literally every English language and otherwise Triumph forum on the planet, there's a problem, and I suspect it's not with the thousands of posters on dozens of forums across the entire planet stretching back for many years.

Cannot play nice, will not play nice, has no intention of ever playing nice. Allowing him back is utterly bloody pointless. He has nothing to offer to any Triumph forum other than incessant grief.

Google any Triumph Forum and it's groundhog day year after year as he peddles the same old same old outdated 'wisdom'. And if anyone dares to disagree with his 'one true way', hissyfits and abuse follow.

I don't disagree at all. To be honest, I've come to find him humorous though.

I also firmly believe that there's enough strong minded intelligent folk on this board, that we can easily offer him a Geoffrey Boycott style flat bat any time he's bowling tripe. I also suspect that those people with runs on the board here (Neil, Steve etc) will be firmly and abely supports by all should he decide to chuck hand grenades and insults.

This isn't the only forum I administer, the other one's Australia's premier skydiving site, so I've not no trouble bouncing trouble makers. My usual standard is 28 days though, not just one...

C.

28days is the standard eh? 28days later....I was locked up for 28days while they assessed my ability to "act" and play up.

I also find GT humorous, so I don't really care.

I'd left his account open for a reason.

Curates Egg.

He needs to put some effort into marketing his gear properly you are entirely correct Craig; it's all too easy to slam someone elses stuff, that takes no effort?

Sorting out your own independant advertising and promotion involves skills that GT doesn't possess, plus the details will be different in each job, GT is a bespoker not a burgerflipper. He's a free roller, living in the moment, greatly respect the way he conducts his affairs as it requires balls of steel. Fully understand why he does what he does and in what ways but most people live in conventional reality systems and aren't equipped to deal with people like GT.

You can't have it all ways, you can't have a legit face to your business, bar using other businesses to front your activities (maynard etc); which will never work out in the long run. You can't be a tax and payback dodger and have a solid reliable base or continuity to build something on. It's all a bit fly by night, don't do credit cards, don't do receipts, it's all not quite legitimate. Same deal as when you enlist the services of a hooker.

GT's lucky to be able to operate as he does, if he was UK based the inland revenue and their like would make his life alot more difficult, it's that 40% they take that is often the difference between afloat and sinking. I never paid any TAX either cause I'm a bit like GT, you make me keep receipts and records I become overloaded with shit and the whole system collapses. One man bands don't have time for bulllshit, that's why it's easier to attack others work to promote your own than to promote your own, as to promote your own requires alot of hardwork and consistancy as well as happy punters.

I skydived in the past. It was quite fun. I'd have to get into base jumping asap though; my tolerance for fear reduces very quickly once I have overcome the first set of hurdles, then I want to attack the next lot.

I see lots of guys on the hills by me paragliding, that looks relaxing, take a pre-rolled one up there with you and you can really "rise above it". :turned: :turned: :turned::miner:

Using the McJim analogy as a method of protection for friends or foes should go down in my ample rules as being out of order.

Fine.

I have never had a problem with the gentleman concerned. It was clearly a reference to how you guys percieved him at the time, which in turn led to this forum being created. You're all being very exciteable and I'd just like you to think before acting.

I'm neither defending Gareth nor attacking anybody else, no skin off my nose who you ban, censure or complain about.

My wife likes skydiving... I think she's nuts.

I'm with gerard here.

Banning people for having an opinion about other peoples work is how this forum started.

Banning GT for saying all parts for triumph is rubbish is hilariuos. 95% of the contributors here has the same low opinion of repro parts.

I dont remember anyone passing banningpowers to the moderators for anything else than spammers.

Cheers

Nick

No one has an issue with gt saying parts are shit, the issue is with him attacking ncoll and various other members just for the sake of it. Not to mention his blatant disregard for this forum and the members who pay for it with both time and money!

As for your last post, if you want an unmoderated community fair enough, let the riots begin, i would point out to you that there is still a vote on this forum where the majority ruled that GT should go. Im not going to do the same thing again, it would be too big a boost for an all too big ego.

I would like to thank you however for your support of the mods and the unpaid work they do for you!

If only it was that simple.

GT starts on immediately about some stuff Neil did, or this that and the other, I don't frankly give a fuck about the details of it but it seems to me there is always some personal elements in GT's battles, we all know the work done in the trade is mostly crap, that's the trade, they flip burgers, GT is always moaning he's never paid properly, that's cause perfection isn't something people can pay you for as the time taken to do the job right is usually well above a chargeable level. You start doing a job in the same time-frame as those burger flippers you'll have to do as shit a job, that's just basic facts of dealing with cheap-ass classics like Triumphs, GT needs to work on something he can charge dollar for. He uses personal hatreds and such like to create motive/movement for purely personal gains, you might be ok with this, but it's not gonna keep happening here. This is fine in private but it doesn't work well in this format as we just end up with a forum run by Gareth cause Gareth has excessive energy and grandiosity and no limit to his madnesses, like me.

We aren't looking to have a "tarzan" here; Man with excessive pride, energy and self importance; beating his chest 24hrs a day from the tallest tree that only the mad-man climbs; the man who wants to gather an army for his own personal motives be that gratitude, recognition, manipulation, extraction or promotion. As such GT needs to adjust his behaviour or I will cut him down to size constantly as required to keep him in line with the noone runs or rules all method that the forum currently runs under.

It's called give and take. You must adapt if you don't fit in or you will be run out of town, eaten or killed off via natural selection.

I percieved McJim as a trigger happy boozer who contributed nothing of value to the internet side of that club, and that's still how I see him on the internet side of the coin. He earned my respect though cause he had the balls to hit the trigger after I told him to kiss my ass privately....He had more lead in his pencil that night than the mid-wives of mockery that bicker away behind your back in a clucking frenzy of chicken-like-timidity. You know I had the strings on them all, I even knew I could get banned and bring that place to it's knees at exactly that moment and I pre-empted my own plan of action; getting McJim to ban me was like bringing a baby before the nipple and seeing if it automatically sucks.

Banning GT for saying all parts for triumph is rubbish is hilariuos. 95% of the contributors here has the same low opinion of repro parts.

Point of order…

If he just said 'TRiumph parts are crap', fair enough, but its not and has never been like that with GT for many years, it's 'Your parts/ideas/work are crap', 'you don't have a clue unlike me and my special magix', 'company x,y,z's parts are crap, you should buy mine unless you are a moron'.

Tedious tiresome bollocks from Mr invisible who won't show any information or examples, won't even give out a phone number or an address and lives in some far flung corner of the former Soviet Empire safe from legal comebacks.

Despite his constant hectoring and claims he has some super special knowledge on tuning TRiumphs on every single forum on the planet, the fact is, there is no big secret, it's been known for years, the engines are basically untunable to any degree, that's why TRiumph binned the bloody things

There is no special magic beans that he is the exclusive keeper of, it's been known/suspected for decades that the port throats are the key to getting some more power of of the engines, (Thanks Neil), and despite his balls about his magic manifolds, in the real world and in a world of affordable parts not made in time scales measured in glaciation periods, you ain't getting much out of a tubular manifold except on a highly tuned race engine. You can throw all the money in the world at a 2lt 6 and all you get is about the same performance as a modern cooking 2lt engine.

Triumphs respond to the same basic laws of physics, engineering and thermodynamics as any other infernal combustion engine - they are not in some parallel reality with a magic wizard needed to cast spells. The problem with tuning TRiumphs is that far too many people are still looking to DIY tuning practices from the 50's and 60's, (reality, remove the cold air inlet and you will loose power on a non crossflow engine, and yet, go to any Triumph show and car after car with pancake filters or stub stacks 'to make the engine breath better'), rather than doing some basic reading up on modern tuning theory and practice.

"Weeell, I came extremely close on that one, hahahaha........." No shit! :woot: Mad bastard!

How do you learn how to get that level of control though? Most of us cock up once or twice in the learning process and can't see how any learning time cock up with that kind of stuff wouldn't be immediately and messily fatal.....

Helluva video.

Seems like pretty serious thread drift though even for us :P

Nick

Maybe we should put some stickers and a big wing on our cars to make it go faster.

Worked for these guys.

Well I know for a fact that my red calipers and dust shields give me at least an extra ten horsepower! I need a go-faster stripe next, as we all know that makes a huge power increase :)

Well I know for a fact that my red calipers and dust shields give me at least an extra ten horsepower! I need a go-faster stripe next, as we all know that makes a huge power increase :)

Pfffft! You lite weight! Take yourself to the true bastion of high end tuning ism, Halfords.

It is well known that a bad boi 4" tailpipe is worth 50bhp.

Next thing you need is a carbon fibre bonnet to shed weight, but it's well known down Halfords, that a can of satin black works just as well.

*Ahem* I've got a three inch straight through pipe all the way to the 'Y' piece, then twin 2" tailpipes. And I have a rattle can of satin black, and were it not for the paint on the bonnet being the best on the car it would probably already have a blackened bonnet. Tim's got blackened eyes on his Spit:

395535_10150568950314106_625699105_8778750_1608537525_n.jpg