dhla idle jets

dlh98370

All,

I have gotten idle jets from a number of different vendors. The common belief seems to be that dlha and drla idle jets are the same. Is this true. I have a pair of DHLA-40N carbs and the idle jets that came with it are definitely different than the ones I have been getting fro the vendors. I only noticed this recently. Some of the jets appear to have a different bevel angle. Some don't have the slight countersink at the orifice end and some are slightly shorter than the others. Has any one else seen this?

Daniel

DRLA/DHLB/DHLA are the same mains, idles and correctors.

I imagine you are buying "reproduction" jets from some places. Hense the difference. Its cheaper to miss the reverse concave bevel off as it's one less production operation?

I'd think they'd all work (as a set), however I wonder if they are true "58" etc...58 is a 0.58mm. So a 0.01mm tolerance means a 57 or 59. I usually stick with genuine stuff.

In my non emission I always use "longnose" idle jets...These are funny! Sadly they are no use in Emission carbs.

I'll post a piccy of one later!

What is the purpose of the extension? Does 40E have different seats than the 40N? It seems that in the 40E, the fuel must come directly from the float bowl. I was under the impression that on the coded emission types, the idle jet fuel was sourced through the main jets. :-/

Daniel

DHLA40E is a non emission with 5 progression holes, the most desired model after the C model 6 progression holes and improved pump mechanics.

DHLA Emission have a lead plug in the hole in the bottom of the idle jet chamber, to make the idle feed off the main jet stack, plus another extra feed hole. So the long jet beaches on the lead.

The point of the long jet is stablise the idle mixture under extreme cornering and when idling on extreme slopes or hill starts at extreme angle. It stops the very odd occasion that you go lean or rich due to fuel slosh in the bowl. So it smooths the transition in these rare occasions.

The DHLA40, DHLA40E, DHLA40C and DHLA40H (TURBO UK LOTUS SPEC ONLY) have independant idle jets. Don't confuse the two other two H models with the Lotus Spec UK Turbos. 99% of H models are emission.