CNC 3018 PRO Router

RogerH

Hi Fol;ks

in Feb 2022 I bought one of the above machines.   They are absolutely brilliant  -  if you can use them !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=CNC+3018+PRO0&_sacat=0

After looking at it for about a week it ended up over there out of sight - my brain was hurting.

Any just recently my mind has wandered back to possibly giving nit another go.

The supplied software had the info for a ''Gerber file''  this is the important information converting your (in my case)  PCB into number.

For some unbelievable reason I have mislaid/lost etc the mini-disc with all the info on.

So my plea is  does any body here have/use a 2018 CNC router  or have access to the software disk that I may borrow/copy etc.

Roger

a good way to get started is to try the Easel software. Easel (inventables.com) You can design simple stuff and then run the machine direct from the software.
The code will create the Gerber file and run it directly so you dont need to worry about whats in it (at least to start). Its a great way of getting the machine working and getting to know how to use it.
Works well with the Sainsmart CNC machines. BTW I started with a very cheap plastic based machine and changed it to a Pro machine (better guides and metal parts) from Sainsmart.
Its small but it will cut ali but I tend to use it for cutting ply and plastic for modelling. great fun.
Bigger one would be nice but the cost increase is not linear...

Mike

13 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

That looks very cool, though I suspect that if I got one I would immediately want a (much) bigger one.

I’m afraid I don’t have the answer to you question though I’d be amazed if it can’t be downloaded from somewhere.

Hi Nick,

you can get bigger (much, much bigger) In 2022 at the Warwick model exhibition  a chap was showing off his rather splendid range of big ones.  

Far to big for me.

The problem with the internet - it is all there but unraveling is a mystery

Roger

10 hours ago, mpbarrett said:

a good way to get started is to try the Easel software. Easel (inventables.com) You can design simple stuff and then run the machine direct from the software.
The code will create the Gerber file and run it directly so you dont need to worry about whats in it (at least to start). Its a great way of getting the machine working and getting to know how to use it.
Works well with the Sainsmart CNC machines. BTW I started with a very cheap plastic based machine and changed it to a Pro machine (better guides and metal parts) from Sainsmart.
Its small but it will cut ali but I tend to use it for cutting ply and plastic for modelling. great fun.
Bigger one would be nice but the cost increase is not linear...

Mike

Hi Mike

that sounds encouraging . I'll give it a go this PM

Roger