Saying good bye to an old friend

John I

Hello all

Just let a long term family friend go.

Started life as family motor, herald estate, then the practice ground for me to cut my adolescent teeth on re car restoration. Passed back to mum many years later, then close relationship with a brick wall meant she ended up in the corner of the garden.

Mother nature then spent 25 years shaping the coupe version that triumph would have designed for this modern time. Only thing is you had to be less than 3ft tall to get in:blink:.

C87F2B94-3A6E-4298-B05A-099AD382BD40.jpeg

6270F537-76F7-453F-88E2-DCBBAA3F1EA4.jpeg

81342037-EA99-49EC-B0A3-4F643C1122AF.jpeg

You reckon...... :huh:

I thought our Spitty was far gone..... but that :ohmy:

Saw a Mk1 Vitesse saloon at the weekend that was completely dismantled some time before 1996 and then put on hold when they moved house. 

That one probably is save-able as the chassis has been done and the body sections are not that bad, just crusty around the edges. The show stopper for the guy I viewed it with is that everything is scattered and badly stored. Interior trim, seats etc weathered and rodent chewed, engine dismantled and left scattered around for last 30 years.  Would be good combined with a rusty but complete running donor, otherwise I think it’ll get broken up.

@John I if you have an acidic sense of humour you could stick those photos on Facebook Marketplace and put a price of, say, £1200.. Just to watch the ensuing mayhem in the comments as people froth at the mouth about prices. "Totally original unrestored barnfind" etc.

1 hour ago, PeteStupps said:

@John I if you have an acidic sense of humour you could stick those photos on Facebook Marketplace and put a price of, say, £1200.. Just to watch the ensuing mayhem in the comments as people froth at the mouth about prices. "Totally original unrestored barnfind" etc.

Pete you are a very bad man.... :biggrin:

11 hours ago, RogerH said:

Wow - what a rebuild opportunity :smile:

Roger

The main rails were solid(waxol) from front to diff. All four wheels and the steering turned despite the flat spots Vettle would have been proud of.:blush:

@PeteStuppscan I still advertise even though it resides else where, I’ve still got the logbook.:whistling: