Alloy sump baffle plate fitting

Hi guys

please let me know if I’m being a numpty with the baffle plate fitting. 

it’s a TR3a alloy sump with a stainless baffle plate / windage tray. And no fitting instructions. 
I have checked it’s not porous.

it looks to fit on a slight ledge machined into the sump. There are also casting lugs below this with holes for screws. 

I didn’t want the tray rattling about on the sump lip so I have fitted the screws. 

but I didn’t want the screws undoing and creating damage in the oil system.

I have locktited the screws and riveted an Ali tab over the screws to stop them popping out even if they do work loose.

I thought of lock wire but the fittings are quite small.

have I done a daft / risky thing ?

or

do you think it’s an ok risk reduction system?

9185825A-FADF-42A4-AD27-647291850568.jpeg

769B2C63-9F3B-44DC-A066-B932C4A696D2.jpeg

D47AB0A7-16C1-47CA-90B4-394BB6D5D35C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

But of an update. 
the Ali sump is painted - no reason apart from personal aesthetics.

found the oil pump pick up was missing it’s tube gauze filter  later found in the sump - now robustly soldered back in place.

Admittedly I have been cranking the car to test the low oil pressure warning light and after new sump fitting but all this cranking with the LT lead off the coil - drenched my plugs. 
came to start it on Sunday and it was not firing at all, thus plugs getting even wetter-You know that feeling - you have done loads of little jobs. Oil warning light- rad fan warning light, new sump. Oil pump gauze repair etc then it doesn’t start Damn it- Swapped everything ignition wise I even had a spare cap and bright red accuspark leads  - but it was the plugs-

once changed - leaving the garish cap and leads on - it fired and the richness smoke quickly cleared.

monday fresh v power fuel and tyre pressures adjusted - the first drive since the <1mile drive to mot station and back 20/11/20. 

the car went brilliantly.

just need to watch out for soaked plugs !!!  Should have taken them out as well I now learn.

it also appears the the green spark plug co don’t have a stock of my preferred ngk BP6HS  

So where to buy genuine plugs ?

Bottoms of the pistons are still nice and clean......

I like Bosch WR7DTC (W7DTC for non resistive) which are getting somewhat hard to find in the general market but I’m told are still available from the GSK.... Never had any of these refuse to work after a soaking.....

14 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Bottoms of the pistons are still nice and clean......

I like Bosch WR7DTC (W7DTC for non resistive) which are getting somewhat hard to find in the general market but I’m told are still available from the GSK.... Never had any of these refuse to work after a soaking.....

Think they are ok for the likes of tr6 at 3/4”

but my wet liner 3a need 1/2” reach.