Sometimes just because you can.......

5 minutes ago, Gt6s said:

HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRID

It is.  But have you looked at any of the build pics?  Especially those concerning the front suspension.  I warn you now, there are things there you cannot un-see......

Unbelievably, someone has given that an MoT.  It needs an SVA to be legal, but no way has it had one.

hehe. He recognises some shortcomings of the front-end at least:

I think when I made the front hubs I made a mistake, as the steering is very similar to a shopping trolley.

I think it's impressive! I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it but admire the bloke's commitment.

I dunno... from the non-mechanic perspective, it's difficult to fault the guy's enthusiasm, but the bodgit appearance of much of the outside suggests that the engineering underneath may be a little... homespun.

Question in my mind is how he is able to put it on the public road. It's not a kit-car and the major components come from at least two vehicles. The chap says in the description that he's slapped an even bigger turbo onto an engine already delivering power far in excess of the Spitfire's design parameters. How do you get an MOT or even insurance for such a creation?

And - heaven forbid - if he's involved in an accident, who is culpable for allowing an unreadworthy vehicle on the public highway?  Assuming full disclosure, is it him, the approving MOT station or his insurer..?

It isn’t even nearly legal. Doesn’t have enough points to keep the original reg, even if he hadn’t chopped significant chunks from the chassis, so it should have been through the IVA process, which it rather obviously hasn’t. If he crashes that (quite possible) and involves a 3rd party he’ll be in very deep shit. Reckon the MoT station might get some trouble also..... I have no doubt the insurance co would find a way to wriggle out.