WANTED - Pair of rear Rotoflex vertical uprights/links

Hi, 

Like probably most of the world doing a CV/lower wishbone/LSD conversion on a small chassis'd Triumph, I am looking for a pair of rear Rotoflex vertical uprights/links. 

If anyone does have a pair and willing to sell, please let me know a price. 

Many thanks, 

Andi. 

Screenshot_20210128-220725_Chrome.jpg

They do come up on ebay from time to time, though prices are going up and quality down.  Beware fully assembled barn finds that look like they've spent years in a salt marsh.  Getting them apart can be challenging.

I think you mentioned using twin lower links and perhaps even losing the leaf spring (you know my thoughts on that) so you might also consider using MGF/MGTF vertical links which use the same driveshaft parts and hub (still need the longer Metro shafts).  Several folks have done this successfully including JohnD on here on his Vitesse saloon used both on road and track.  There were some pics on here - not sure if they survive.

• Like 1

Hi Nick and Zetecspit, 

Thanks for your responses. 

Nick - yes, the plan was for custom to replace the leafspring, but after talking with you, the RoSpit idea seems the best. 

I am unlikely to be able to go for that at the moment, so will look to keep the leafspring and just have some adjustable twin lower links, but coupled together for rigidity. 

My friend deals with MGFs so is sending me some complete hubs with drive flanges, so may include uprights. 

Nick, Zetecspit - I will try for the rotoflex uprights first, but the MGF or R100 uprights are the next option. 

This forum has been so useful in my GT6 build along with John Wolfe's 'Racing GT6/Spitfire' booklet. 

Cheers guys, 

Andi. 

55 minutes ago, Smith said:

Hi Nick and Zetecspit, 

Thanks for your responses. 

Nick - yes, the plan was for custom to replace the leafspring, but after talking with you, the RoSpit idea seems the best. 

I am unlikely to be able to go for that at the moment, so will look to keep the leafspring and just have some adjustable twin lower links, but coupled together for rigidity. 

My friend deals with MGFs so is sending me some complete hubs with drive flanges, so may include uprights. 

Nick, Zetecspit - I will try for the rotoflex uprights first, but the MGF or R100 uprights are the next option. 

This forum has been so useful in my GT6 build along with John Wolfe's 'Racing GT6/Spitfire' booklet. 

Cheers guys, 

Andi. 

+1 for JW.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Andy Vowell is the racer using the R100 vertical links. Haven’t heard anything from him for years.......

Thanks Nick. 

Think he was quite active some years ago - black and silver round-tail Spit if I remember correctly. He may even have gone onto really hard front springs for racing. I seem to remember Clive Gimson (?) and John Wolfe having 800lbs front springs and going to 1000lbs!! 

Thanks, I'll do some research - may have seen a photo of Andy's uprights/links in the past.  Cheers. 

The MGF ones have vertically offset drillings for the "lower wishbone" but ISTR the front links have a single drilling, so a bolt through and connect to the lower wishbone of choice. Simple disc brakes like the rears. It always appealed to me. May even be the same as MGF fronts?

On 2/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, zetecspit said:

And there was one of the racers who did a conversion using R100 front uprights, which looked very do-able. I was highly tempted!

Hi ZetecSpit, 

Using the R160 diff and Subary inner CVs, and the MGF hubs/outer CVs, and 2x R100 (short/nearside?) shafts, does you Spit keep the same rear track width as standard? 

Mine is a Mk1 GT6, which I believe has an inch narrower rear track as it has the short swing axle/fixed spring set up. 

So I'm thinking that whichever shafts I go for need to be able to go in a further 12.5mm each side more than the standard Rotoflex set up. 

I'm guessing the plunge in the Subaru CVs may be able to allow for this? 

Cheers, 

Andi. 

Rotoflex is the same as mk1 suspension I think (in terms of track). And is controlled by the spring and lower wishbone.

Remember the MK1 and 2 GT6 are the same body etc, so if normal rotoflex fits, so will teh CV conversion. I am on a mkIV spit, so min eis similar to an early mk3 GT6 now.... (well, it has some rotoflex parts!)

The subaru CV's have loads of plunge, so you are unlikley to have any issues. 

Happy to crawl under the car an measure/take pics. After all, BGH still have the gearbox after 3, or is it now 4, months. Will to live has expired on the matter.

No need to crawl under the car for measurments, no the greatest time of year for that! But thanks for the offer to do so! 

Good to know the Subaru cvs have loads of plunge - mine came in the post today. 

Hope you get your gearbox back soon!