Hi all, 

This forum has given me much useful information, so just wanted to say a big thanks to people. 

Also, when upgrading to the Freelander wheel studs, there was the problem over all the ones I found having too much smooth shank and too little threaded section to use original steel wheels safely. 

In the photo, Nick Jones pointed out that the ones to use (ringed in green) are Freelander 1 studs, but still I found no-one who could supply.

I finally found a supplier though!  JGS4x4. 

This is what got back from them: 

"Hi 

I have checked the studs that I have in stock and they are like the ones in the left of your photo although the picture on the website looks more like the ones on the right.

We sell them in multiples of 5, see: https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/land-rover-freelander-1-wheel-stud-x5-front-or-rear-hub-clp9037l/

If you do go ahead and order them, please send me a quick message and I will make sure we check them before we post them.

Regards James 
JGS4x4 Ltd
Land Rover Parts & Accessories
www.jgs4x4.co.uk
sales@jgs4x4.co.uk

I bought them are they were correct shape/shank. So if anyone is looking to uprage, give these guys an e-mail first to check they still have these ones. 

They come in silver colour, not gold, and look like this. 

Cheers, 

Andi. 

20200424_222212.jpg

No probs, Nick. 

Took me 2x years on and off to find them, talking to pretty much all the suppliers including Allmakes and buying a number and sending them back.

Roger, thanks for that. 

• 2 weeks later...