Enormous auction of Triumph parts.

On 11/7/2020 at 8:19 PM, Nick Jones said:

Not me..... really not to my taste..... at any price.  Maybe I'm weird.....

Not weird Nick, there's a old thread on the Triumph Experience where everyone piles in to slag them off!

I think I want them, but can't be sure without seeing them on my own car...

23 hours ago, Millstone10 said:

You dont need to keep then white though...  not to shabby.  (I also wouldnt pay 1200 for them though)

Very nice! Did you go straight to black or have them white for a while? I'd be keen to see some more photos if you've got any. Haven't found much via google, apart from GT-bodied Le Mans replicas. 

5 hours ago, PeteStupps said:

Very nice! Did you go straight to black or have them white for a while? I'd be keen to see some more photos if you've got any. Haven't found much via google, apart from GT-bodied Le Mans replicas. 

Had a look at white...

1926695558_xxxDSC_7342.jpg.572e3b1e90edf088d673fa8123dd6942.jpg

And had them stove enamelled immediately

1061793797_xxxDSC_7650.jpg.ce6611ea6312794dd92930681c0fb824.jpg

1316374536_IMG_1071(2).thumb.jpg.2dc19d2a3576d84d91d4c4401d5895e3.jpg

The car is in a Connaught green so looks almost black in low light so looks good IMHO  

(except for those MX5 seats - biggest mistake so far... Ill rebuild the originals when I can. )

1705842250_xxxIMG_1001.jpg.e531c322a66a42fe81d68cce18d7e3ef.jpg

Edited by Millstone10
  • Thanks 1

Returning to the original subject, bidding is now closing: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/eddisons/catalogue-id-eddiso10876

Astronomical money being spent on Lot 1, "Partly restored 1968 Triumph TR5 PI fitted with Steel Engine" at £62k !!  That's not including 15% commission.

Had a bid on the Le mans wheels but they've now gone too high for me. The Le Mans body moulds have had a lot of bids so someone is saving them. 

23 minutes ago, PeteStupps said:

Returning to the original subject, bidding is now closing: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/eddisons/catalogue-id-eddiso10876

Astronomical money being spent on Lot 1, "Partly restored 1968 Triumph TR5 PI fitted with Steel Engine" at £62k !!  That's not including 15% commission.

Had a bid on the Le mans wheels but they've now gone too high for me. The Le Mans body moulds have had a lot of bids so someone is saving them. 

That was close, I had a rush of blood to the head and put in a daft bid, which I then immediately regretted. Fortunately someone just outbid me at the last moment.

For the benefit of the archive, the 4x Le Mans Spitfire wheels with tyres closed at £820, plus 15% commission and 20% VAT :blink:

The 4 Le Mans wheels without tyres went at £620 plus extras

The Le Mans body moulds are up to £2,700. Seems like an extra 10 mins gets added every time a new bid lands and I need to do some work so will have to stop watching now :whistling:

5 hours ago, PeteStupps said:

Nope your numbers are wrong it is plus vat then selling fees.

6 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

So you have to pay commission on the VAT......? Sweet.......:ohmy: Are you sure it’s not that you have to pay VAT on the commission? Inland revenue generally get the last word.....

Nick

It is as I stated very expensive for those that did not read the terms.

21 minutes ago, Neil T said:

t is as I stated very expensive for those that did not read the terms.

No argument there...... not even small print.

"Buyers Premium 15% plus VAT
All lots are subject to 20% VAT"

I read that as you pay VAT on the commission.  I would hope it does not mean that they charge you commission on the VAT and then charge you VAT on the commission on top - that really would be adding insult to injury!

10 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Bid price + 15% +20%vat on the total. 

I looked at the steel crank /conrod/piston package. All 
too dear for me.

Hamish the TR5 listing did not include VAT. I looked at it twice and checked the terms. All the spare parts had VAT listed, the TR5 did not. 

But yeah there didn't seem to be any bargains either way. Even the oil seemed to be up at prices not far off retail.

52 minutes ago, PeteStupps said:

All the spare parts had VAT listed, the TR5 did not. 

Agreed.  I obviously wasn’t clear enough in my post. 
Most of the auction was parts that were +vat items that I was looking at and enquired of the auctioneers as to their calculation process. 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:25 PM, Hamish said:

Agreed.  I obviously wasn’t clear enough in my post. 
Most of the auction was parts that were +vat items that I was looking at and enquired of the auctioneers as to their calculation process. 

Sorry I was being a bit unnecessarily defensive! 

On 11/10/2020 at 8:52 PM, PeteStupps said:

Succinct but unjustified. No VAT on the car, according to its listing before bidding closed. 

Pete

Sorry but my highly qualified account daughter emailed them after day one and they confirmed Vat is on all lots.