These seem to be popular.   Craig's is unshorn since March (?  don't when that was in Oz)

Here's mine.     I let it grow out initially, but it quickly gave me the Billy Connelly "tramp geeking through a hedge" look, so I've trimmed it since.

Anyone else letting it all hang out?

IMG_20201016_180906[1].jpg

John

I'm shocked - your hair is completely silver in your profile picture!

I clearly need to prepare myself for the revelation that our Northern Hemisphere Administrator is not a natural redhead.

What challenging times we are living through...

Paul

58 minutes ago, PaulAA said:

Northern Hemisphere Administrator is not a natural redhead

Oh, he is..... albeit not as bright ginger as he once was perhaps (not just the colour fading, according to his family - unkind people!) and a bit silvery around the edges.  No beards allowed if I want to remain in the household.  I think the longest I've gone unshaven was on our Australian tour in 2008 when my razor charging arrangements failed.  That was about 2 weeks worth - enough to show that even then, 12 years ago, any beard I grew was going to be entirely white!  Not an incentive!

Hello All

I have had mine for about 55 years except for once when I had an operation on my neck and they made me shave it off!

Our son was only very young at the time and did not know me and was very worried.

I like think of all the time I have saved in my life!

Roger

1 hour ago, rogerguzzi said:

I have had mine for about 55 years except for once when I had an operation on my neck and they made me shave it off!

Our son was only very young at the time and did not know me and was very worried.

I like think of all the time I have saved in my life!

Roger

Ditto Roger.

Grew mine in 1983 and had it ever since except for two occasions. First time was for an operation on my sinus.

Second time was after the kids came along because my wife said she didn't like it... and then because I didn't tell her I had done it, never actually noticed I had shaved it off!!!!

Daughter who was 3 at the time noticed immediately and said that I didn't seem like her Daddy without it. So it grew back in.

Now going silvery and pretty much the only hair that grows on my head!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Escadrille Ecosse said:

Ditto Roger.

Grew mine in 1983 and had it ever since except for two occasions. First time was for an operation on my sinus.

Second time was after the kids came along because my wife said she didn't like it... and then because I didn't tell her I had done it, never actually noticed I had shaved it off!!!!

Daughter who was 3 at the time noticed immediately and said that I didn't seem like her Daddy without it. So it grew back in.

Now going silvery and pretty much the only hair that grows on my head!

same here other than other areas! (nose and ears you P**rts)

Roger

Yeah, come on! Show us yer bits!

Paul, the surprise was that the moustache is still brown(ish), almost gingery.    Beard used to be definitely a bit gingery, which added to the trampish look, but I should not be.  Grandaughter is the most splendid redhead, absolutely glowing!

1861483700_Hattiefelloffchair7-2020.thumb.jpg.38b29ca93647687319bb50d4a4d5d4bf.jpg

(She fell off a chair and bruised her eye, honest, Officer!)

You, Nick, and  Spitfire-6 are definitely channeling ZZtop, whereas my avatar is (almost) cleanshaven, but beyond the three-day stubble that seems so popular among trendy young men. 

More pics?  Has no one ese grown one?

Edited by JohnD

John

Like Nick, a peculiar (maschocistic..?) affinity for continued membership of the household means that even a day's stubble is verboten.  So, no opportunity to discover if any potential beard would be happier than me.

I recall a friend shaving off his whiskers in the early '90s, some fifteen years into his marriage.  He did it on a whim one morning, without considering that his wife had never seen him clean-shaven.  To say that she was surprised by the stranger who appeared at the breakfast table would be to suggest that the Americans were relaxed as Pearl Harbor unfolded.

Edited by PaulAA