The Triumphs haven’t been getting much serious exercise this year apart from local running around.....

But we have snuck a few days in Peak District and the forecast was so good we took the Vitesse.....6FEA6F61-A682-4FAD-88A4-AB1E63681316.jpeg

Resting At The Roaches after 240 mile run north(top was down all the way)

Not so many miles today but some of them very hilly and twisty. And it’s hot.... like high summer. Not a complaint but my face is really rather pink.

1E3A4CE5-3964-4A79-ABCE-5AA92B6CA4C7.jpeg
Stannage Edge this afternoon. So many climbers.

Been a certain amount of human powered mileage too. My feet hurt.

13 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

And it’s hot.... like high summer. Not a complaint but my face is really rather pink.

Lol. You've done well with the weather! I usually have a small tube of suncream in the glovebox for such occasions. Applying while moving is a fool's errand though.

Yes.....

1 hour ago, PeteStupps said:

I usually have a small tube of suncream in the glovebox for such occasions

....... but it was suffering total existence failure...... so someone must have tidied up after our European trip last year.

Day 70something in a row at work today, but at least the sun was out and I got some Vitamin D on my trip round town.

785D2D08-1606-48BA-BFE3-9E5E297A5370.jpeg

This has turned out to be an excellent investment so far!

Sorry..... certainly didn’t mean to rub your nose in it...... though as I understand it you are in an elite group who are still allowed to roam Melbourne, so presumably traffic is (much) lighter than usual?

Right wheels for the job on a sunny day too. Not as stylish as a Triumph but a whole lot comfier I’m sure! :smile:

My nose can handle it, nice to see the cars out and about.

Traffic is light, but lots of trucks and tradies, who all now own the road even more than usual.  The daily circuit is pretty boring, need some more good weather so I can at least zip round it on the vespa.

C.

Home again this evening.  Just under 600 miles in total, mostly with the top down - though it was a bit nippy first thing this morning.  My face is red again......

On the M5 this afternoon it was noticeable (once again) that some people just can't bear to be overtaken by an old car....... which is fine..... but if you slow down to below the speed I'm going after taking me back, I'm going to do it again..... and again..... and again :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

......On the M5 this afternoon it was noticeable (once again) that some people just can't bear to be overtaken by an old car....... which is fine..... but if you slow down to below the speed I'm going after taking me back, I'm going to do it again..... and again..... and again :rolleyes:

Equally irritating and possibly more dangerous are those who pull out of a side road in front of you because they don’t want to follow an old jaloppy, causing you to brake to avoid a collision.