Help Contacting Neil Ferguson/ K_raven_Smith

Good Day All,

I had posted a while back about my PI GT6 project. It's stalled at the moment due to some difficulties getting my PI system back from being refurbished.
I'm trying to get some help contacting Neil Ferguson the PI guru. I've tried phone and email to no avail, I was wondering if anyone local could contact him in person on my behalf (I appreciate the difficulties of doing that what with the Covid pandemic).

The situation is last year I had sent Neil a complete PI system (log, mu, filter, pump, throttle bodies, injectors, throttle body alignment tool) to have the MU and injectors refurbished. This was in August. In December the work was finished and I paid for the service + some spare parts. The items were to be shipped out in the months since then, first in January then the last I heard he said he would ship in early April. Since then I've not heard from him as to what's going on with my PI system.

And yes, I'm (now) aware of the thread on this board with Tim's issues with Neil. Kinda wish I had read that prior...

I'd appreciate any help offered with this matter.

Kind Regards,
AJ

Oh..... another one. :(

I did have a mobile number for him but it wasn’t working last time I tried to use it.

Previously I had used the number to speak to him a couple of times about Tim’s problems. Not sure that had any effect though. Long list of excuses given, promises made, later broken.

Pattern seems to be that UK and European customers get fair service. West of the Atlantic..... not so much.

Not quite sure what to suggest. Britain is pretty screwed up by COVID, but not that screwed up. He could get stuff shipped if he wanted, though it’s possible that as an older guy he’s keeping a low profile.  No excuse for not returning your mails and keeping you informed though.

I read that it's too late for you, AJ, but I always dealt with Malcolm at Prestige.   He wasn't easy to contact, but when you did was a fount of knowledge.   He's retired now, while remaining as consultant with TRtrader, run by Carl Fitchett who has taken on the Prestige business.       Carl is the reverse of the above!     Replies quickly to emails, and responds almost as quickly to orders.   Recommended!

John

Yes, I understand if he was having difficulty due to covid, Early in January I tried to impress upon him that Covid would be a problem, and it was best to try to get the stuff shipped before, that didn't work out. I have no issues making arrangements for a courier to collect the shipment so he doesn't have to physically go to a post office/shipping center.

It's a very disheartening situation for many reasons.

AJ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An update to this story.

I had managed to get hold of Neil via phone on the 10th of June. He had expressed regret at not taking care of me in a timely manner, and had promised to get the system shipped out that Friday, then the Friday after that. Since them I've been unable to reach him via phone or email. If this continues into August, it will have been a year that he's had my parts. I've about reached the limits of my patience.

Sorry to hear this. It had sounded promising....... Fits the historic pattern though. More positively, Tim did get his parts in the end.

FWIW, if you get hold of him again, and it’s the overseas shipping that’s causing him the problem, I’m prepared to sort that if he ships it here. Suspect that isn’t the main issue though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's now been a year. I've been unable to get a hold of Neil since June, and my friends in the UK have had no luck either, all the while I can see he's still active selling on ebay...Is there anyone local to him who might be able to check in in person? Otherwise I'll be seeing if local authorities can help out.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

This situation is resolved. Through the help of some others who reached out to Neil on my behalf, and to whom i'm very grateful, Neil contacted me and posted my parts last week , they have arrived on my doorstep today.

Thank-you all for your support, I can now get back into building this PI GT6.

Thanks Nick! The first thing I"ll do is figure out the plumbing for the fuel system. I've seen recommendations to use a swirl pot and larger diameter piping to the pump, so will have to find one of those. I've got to take a look under the trunk area and see if there is space to put all the fuel system bits under the floor, but I've seen on a blog a gentleman had it all next to the tank in the spare wheel area.

Kind Regards,
AJ

Was going to stick with the Lucas pump. I saw on SteveA's blog that he used a facet or similar pump from the tank into a swirl pot, and from there through a filter and to the Lucas pump. cursory reading suggested I'd want to use the swirl pot to avoid sucking air into the pump, and that I should be worried about cavitation.

I"ll be updating my progress on the topic page I had started last year.