Sign in to follow this  
michaeljf

The rebuild that goes one step foward two back!

Hello, Well a bit more foward motion. The main bearing studs are ARP 206-5401 BMC A series main stud kits (2), the big end bolts are ARP 200-6208 (2 sets). The bridging block has been machined (photo earlier) to clear the A series studs. All bearings plastigaged and in spec. All studs,bolts and washers treated with the supplied ARP assy. lube and torqued to their specs. All moving parts lubed with an assy. lube (will post the name next time). Regards,Michael.

P7220054.JPG

P7220055.JPG

Hello,  Nick, I am hoping for a bit more than that when it's finished (might put it in a TR6 and head to my local....track). Couple more photo's one didn't come out). In what was the second photo is the assy.lube as we couldn't get the first choice. More soon (I hope,.....still waiting for the head) Regards, Michael.

P7240056.JPG

P7240057.JPG

Hello, A bit more foward motion. Sump and it's baffle test fitted and ready to go (from a plan from John). Also the timing chain cover with new bits and new oil pump (with modified internals) AND 10mm headed bolts!!Rimmers! Regards,Michael. 

P7300061.JPG

P7300062.JPG

Hello, Well a bit backwards and a little bit foward. more on rimmers!! as you will see from a photo,the new rimmers (don't deserve a capital) the crank sprocket gear must be made of.... anyway used the old one. Had to machine them both to line up with the vernier cam gear and the crap from rimmers is so soft (in photo) so machined the old one and REALsteel !  Now waiting for head! Regards,Michael.

P8060078.JPG

P8060076.JPG

That is atrocious!!  I particularly admire the nice sharp burrs on the rear facing teeth edges and the fact that each tooth looks slightly different to the others in profile. It's good that you have an engineering mind and know what's good and what's crap; someone with less knowledge would be fooled into using this sort of thing without a second thought.

:blink::pinch::mad:

Total rubbish! Hope you’ve emailed them demanding a refund!

A negative attitude (you’ll have to send that back first) might tend to support the theory I’ve seen put forward that they send their crappiest looking parts to furthest corners of the world to discourage returns. You might want to mention that if they are inclined to argue!

• Confused 1