Shipping crate

Chaps

I have a lovely pair of re-upholstered MX5 seats, sitting in my sister's dining room on Wirral.  The challenge is to get them to me here in Poland.

In anticipation of things improving sometime, I need to find a source for a crate to pack them into.  Standard sizes advertised on t'internet seem to be 50 x 50 x 50cm (too small) and 1m x 1m x 1m (which won't fit through her front door), so I'm looking for an outfit that will make a reasonably inexpensive wooden crate to a specific size.

Any suggestions, preferably in the North West?  I approached a pack-and-ship company a couple of months ago, but they wanted a staggering amount of money (£1300 + VAT iirc) for the privilege.

Thanks

Paul

I have had great success wrapping parcels in roughly-formed cardboard then a good going over with packaging film (bit like cling film)

Makes awkward shapes a doddle. 

A double, or triple layer of strong card, wrap in film, good to go.

I used transglobal express a while ago to send an overdrive conversion to Norway, £60 or so plus I made a crate from battens and ply. But they were a good shipping company.

A backing plate of plywood will add to the weight, but help support seats, and provide a clear base for any addressing details.

As zetec says, collapse a large enough box or boxes around the seats and wrap.  Brown "parcel tape" is , surprisingly good to secure it.  But IMHO then wrap in brown paper and secure with sellotape.