Sign in to follow this  
Chippy63

Good all round injector.

What are you guys using? Cheap compact in hight,plentiful and high impeadence around 250-300 cc. 

Any suggestions warmly welcomed. I'll need 8 so probably better from a 4 pot (or v8)

Just looking to try something other than the cheap new Chinese ones ive got at the moment as having heat soak issues which seems to be affecting them more than the bosch 3 ones i had on my old manifold. Although i am getting the hot idle more steady with upping the ase and cheching the ignore iat on startup tab.

Thanks Steve

Which style are you using? I’ve always used OEM scrapyard rescues, usually Bosch.

Vitesse uses EV1 style and did have Bosch   ones as fitted to Peugeot 205/405/309 (314 cc iirc). Swapped last year to some Siemens ones from a 2.6 Audi which have a slightly lower flow.

Used EV6 style on The PI. They were ex-Vauxhall 2.5 V6. Spitty has EV6 from a 1.6 Alfa (skip rescue!).

Can probably get part numbers if you want them. Suggest sticking to Bosch. Seem to be extremely reliable.

ST170 are 315 I think. Std Zetec will be a bit less (but still good for 45bhp per cylinder)

2 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Which style are you using? I’ve always used OEM scrapyard rescues, usually Bosch.

Vitesse uses EV1 style and did have Bosch   ones as fitted to Peugeot 205/405/309 (314 cc iirc). Swapped last year to some Siemens ones from a 2.6 Audi which have a slightly lower flow.

Used EV6 style on The PI. They were ex-Vauxhall 2.5 V6. Spitty has EV6 from a 1.6 Alfa (skip rescue!).

Can probably get part numbers if you want them. Suggest sticking to Bosch. Seem to be extremely reliable.

Nick, I'm not familiar with the differences between ev1, ev6, ev14

The bosch gen3 ones i used before on my old manifold were from a mustang 5.0 but they were quite tall and i couldn't use them on my new manifold but im going to remake myself a new version 2 manifold with shorter injector sockets so may well be able to then fit them.

Any Info/ part numbers gratefully received 

Steve

2 hours ago, zetecspit said:

ST170 are 315 I think. Std Zetec will be a bit less (but still good for 45bhp per cylinder)

Thanks ill check them out.

Steve

I think the ford ones are rated at about 3.5Bar pressure, so would be less if running at 3. (I am using the std mondeo FPR)

Ah, well found :smile:.  That is one of the best listings but my saved link had stopped working.

EV1 style onthe bottom with the newer EV6 on the top.  EV6 style is available in at least two lengths with one about 15 - 20mm shorter than this. 

qwuKKwa.jpg

There used to be a site with styles and dimensions shown but I'm struggling to find it - another dead link in my library.

They come with a couple of different electrical connector styles too.  Mini-timer being the easiest to find (and find plugs for)

I have yet to actually use but found a latest generation BOSCH EV14ES injector 0280158284 with specs 12 ohm, 15.4 lbs/min, 161.9 cc/min, USCAR plug. Also found another with same specs with JETRONIC plug (0280158254).

I modified my fuel rail using inexpensive aluminum extenders I found on ebay to adapt the newer style shorter injectors.

697914020_FuelRailMod3.thumb.jpg.270ba87f45e0cb3dc56d27a9968c8944.jpgrail

Fuel Rail Mod 2.jpg

On 3/17/2020 at 10:35 PM, Nick Jones said:

EV1 style onthe bottom with the newer EV6 on the top.  EV6 style is available in at least two lengths with one about 15 - 20mm shorter than this. 

qwuKKwa.jpg

There used to be a site with styles and dimensions shown but I'm struggling to find it - another dead link in my library.

They come with a couple of different electrical connector styles too.  Mini-timer being the easiest to find (and find plugs for)

Thanks Nick that clears up a few questions.