When leaders don't

GT6MK3

It is remarkable how the major impact of C19 on unfit and slightly overweight people in their 70s is significant, catastrophic and extended.  Yet our man The Donald is largely over it in maybe five days.

Astonishing.  Miraculous, even.

Hallelujah.  His god obviously looks after this sort of vindictive, mendacious boor, determined to look after his own kind and screw the planet in the process.

48 minutes ago, PaulAA said:

It is remarkable how the major impact of C19 on unfit and slightly overweight people in their 70s is significant, catastrophic and extended.  Yet our man The Donald is largely over it in maybe five days.

Astonishing.  Miraculous, even.

Hallelujah.  His god obviously looks after this sort of vindictive, mendacious boor, determined to look after his own kind and screw the planet in the process.

Entirely predictable.

He was always going to come out of this saying it is mild/not a problem. After all, he is super fit, super healthy, a genius, best hairstyle ever. All that carp.

however, the mixed messages about he needed oxygen, whitehouse spokesman saying something different to the doc, is that the usual "cause confusion" or is it an indicator it may be a bit more serious than they are letting on. We may never know....

• 1 month later...

Is it too soon to say "good riddance" to the tangerine twat?

Possibly not seeing as his "buddy" Murdoch seems to have deserted him (there's another one needs smearing with honey and staking to a fire ant nest)

The list of lawsuits, charges and debtors forming a queue seems to be mounting.  Con man's come-uppance on the way?  We can dream....

Got to feel for Biden - what a mess he's been left.....

• Like 1

He hasnt gone yet and I dont think populism has been finished... I am afraid we havent seen the end of Trump unless someone starts calling in all his debts....
Its difficult, but he does have a lot of followers and supporters even if its hard  to understand why. One of the failures of the moderate media is to under estimate his powers.....we laugh at his language and his outrageous claims and lies but he still has a lot of believers.....

But it is good news that he has lost the election!

Mike

23 minutes ago, mpbarrett said:

he does have a lot of followers and supporters even if its hard  to understand why

I should say!

I fear that even with Biden winning, the closeness of it all means that America has failed it's collective IQ test in my view.  First time around - fair enough - I understand you could live in the hope of Trump bringing something new to the table.... which he duly did - and how..... he basically took a series of huge dumps on it.  Second time around though.... no excuses.... either you are really not paying attention or ......... (censored myself)

As for his behaviour now......... I mean, apart from anything else, the sheer bloody hypocrisy of it.  The Republicans have been twisting the system for decades to cling to power and never more blatantly than this election, right down to knobbling the postal system.  Might want to be careful about looking too hard for fraud boys - might find some on your own side!

USA and UK electoral systems are terribly flawed and encourage tribalism and division.

• Like 1

I knew that US Presidential elections were - different - from the way we 'select' our PM.   What has astonished me this time is that the result seems to be officially 'called' by the media!     

The are similiarities, in that we elect MPs, one for each constituency, who then elect a Leader, usually before a General Election.    In the US 'electors', so many for each state, are nominated by the parties, elected by the people and expected to vote in the Electoral College for the nominated presidential candidiate.   In some states their names, not the presidential candidates', appear on the ballot.  So far, so more democratic (small d).    

But here, the Returning Officer announces the poll result, in public and in front of the candidates.    I've never heard or seen of that happening in a Presidential election.   It's always CNN or whatever that announces that so and so has won.    Not so democratic, I fear.

On Trump himself we have far from heard the last from him.     If he isn't mad enough to resist actually leaving the White House in January, he is certain to stir it up , locally, nationally and even internationally, as he is vindictive enough to intentionally leave a maelstrom for his successor.      And if he is, the CinC of the US Armed Forces has specifically said that they will not get involved, but I can see armed militia, which the US Constitution provides for, being enlisted and positioned, either to ensure or prevent his departure.   Interesting times, and when the US sneezes, the UK catches a cold.

The election was great news. But all of the Republicans that I know who supported Trump are dug in and convinced that the election was stolen from him despite there being no evidence. Trump will leave in January but not without a tantrum like a 2 year old. In the past lame duck presidents haven't tried to monkey wrench things on their way out but who knows with this clown. He will most certainly pardon his partners in crime so there will be a few empty beds in the prisons.

Biden has a steep hill ahead of him. The Republicans will resist his every move so it will be a stalemate. He has said that he won't run for a second term so that leaves a possibility for Trump to run again. Or worse Don Jr. 

Donnie Jnr.  A dumber and more religious fruitcake than Trump himself and very likely the GOP's candidate in 2024.

If there is a laugh to be had in this, it was the widely-held opinion that Clinton failed because the US was averse to another political dynasty.

Just have to encourage the Republicans out and about to give COVID the best chance of thinning their ranks.......

Mean spirited maybe, but after watching them going out and voting for the tangerine twat again after a 4 year demo of how very unsuited to the job he is..... I’m all out of charity.

Think of it as Darwinism in action - most of them don't believe in it.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpitfireBGT said:

until I tested positive yesterday

Oh.... that's a bit alarming. Sorry to hear that. Do you feel poorly?

In this household, afflicted back in April, the symptom range was Senior Management, quite poorly, mostly in the second week, with some classic Covid respiratory stuff.  Myself, tired, giddy, some minor chills (but no measurable raised temperature), felt quite rough for one evening, but was ok next day.  Both had periodic minor recurrences of some symptoms for several weeks.  The "kids" (early 20s) - completely unaffected.  Only the boss was actually tested (medical professional), but the rest of us were surely properly exposed.

Take your Vit D3........

Thanks

No fever, no smell, no taste. Serious cold symptoms is how I would describe it. I'm pretty fit going into this (Cycling) so I'm hopeful that will go well. I just hope that I haven't given it to anyone. I had a cousin die from it last week. It is spreading like crazy in my corner of Pennsylvania. I'll be working on my PI manifold in between naps.

Yeah, the "no taste, no smell" is a characteristic and pretty weird, especially when you have have no cold symptoms (which we didn't).

Sorry to hear about your cousin - the effect spectrum width is bewildering - from "no effect noticed - right through to death".

No that much in these parts (rural south Somerset, UK), though one of our neighbours who is a critical care nurse at our local hospital was telling us that recently they had one patient (in for something unrelated) who started showing suspicious symptoms, so was tested, along with the 7 others in the ward.  All tested positive, but only the one ever showed symptoms, even though they were all poorly with other things.

Anyhow, look after yourself, Days 8 - 10 tend to be where things kick off, if they are going to.

12 hours ago, SpitfireBGT said:

Thanks

No fever, no smell, no taste. Serious cold symptoms is how I would describe it. I'm pretty fit going into this (Cycling) so I'm hopeful that will go well. I just hope that I haven't given it to anyone. I had a cousin die from it last week. It is spreading like crazy in my corner of Pennsylvania. I'll be working on my PI manifold in between naps.

Sorry to read this.  It's out of control here, too - people on several floors below us in our resi tower are q'tined, but folk still crowd into the lift mask-less as we're riding down.

It swept through one of our bigger clients' main office in Sept/Oct.  Thankfully, no critical cases (or worse), but I'd say that, good general health aside, the two principal treatments seem to be D3 and a positive outlook.

Actually, corrosively extreme political opinions seem to help as well, which is a worry!

23 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Just have to encourage the Republicans out and about to give COVID the best chance of thinning their ranks.......

Mean spirited maybe, but after watching them going out and voting for the tangerine twat again after a 4 year demo of how very unsuited to the job he is..... I’m all out of charity.

Think of it as Darwinism in action - most of them don't believe in it.......

Bit harsh, i know people who didn't like him but voted for him as the fiscal alternative was worse.

Never liked him myself but he was entertaining.

RR

13 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

voted for him as the fiscal alternative was worse

Voting with your pocket in the short-term might well cost you in the long term.  Nothing smart or long-term in Trumps policies - just buying votes from the rich and the wannabe rich.

Entertaining maybe.... but in a presidential setting....... a bit slo-mo train-wreck for me?  Mainline bleach FTW :huh:

43 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Well the guy did say he got a new car for his wife which if ObamaCare came in he wouldn't have been able to do so.

Short termism again - if he or his wife got sick then they might end up selling the car (and their house) to pay the bills....

Rooster,

For every reason you have to vote for him I have ten (factual) reasons not to. I'm lucky and have health insurance. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs and their health insurance. Now is the time to expand Obamacare to help these people if they get sick. I'm not so selfish that I'm not willing to help pay for someone who is up against it.

I don't want to be entertained my my leaders. I want them to do what is right for the majority not their country club chums.

Sorry I have a booming headache and no tolerance for BS