When leaders don't

GT6MK3

7 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

......score your boss / prime monster / presidon’t on this ...... and weep.....

Well, that spread my cornflakes over the keyboard.

To be fair (not a trait I am usually afflicted with), BoJo and The Donald also score a resounding 100% on the Narcissism Test as well.  But I suppose that narcissism is marginally less endangering to life, peace and society than psychopathy.

To be fair - we should be, else we are as bad as they are - that list of attributes is thoroughly biased, and subjective.  Each Q. heading is judgemental, and to have only three possible responses is unreasonable.      Real personality tests ask non-judgemental Qs and offer a range of answers, either on an unlimited 0-10 line, or a number, not less than five, responses.    But I know, this was satire, poking fun at the pompous brutes who rule today.     The previous height of satire in the UK was in the '60s, as part of a flowering of non-conventional fashion and art among the post WW2 baby boom generation.     It wasn't followed by any awful changes in society, unlike the same in post WW1 Germany, so let's hope that today's demogogue populists are just a passing nightmare.

John

Hardly a great surprise that BoJo is reneging on agreements made only recently with the EU, but The Least Trustworthy Man in Politics must be finding himself in a hard place, between the circling No Deal vultures in his own party and the somewhat essential business community in its entirety emploring him to reach agreement with the EU pronto.

Also interesting that the Govt may be the source of copious anti-EU 'news'.  Are we really back to bent bananas and outlawing milkmen?

So, the question I have is this: will the Tories bother with an election and risk Uriah Gove slithering into No.10, or simply kick BoJo out and install Rishi Sunak in his place?

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/01/hope-hicks-covid-19-reports-trump

Ok..... so this is one of those times when I’m supposed to dig deep into my soul and find the humanity to.... 

..... nope. Just can’t. Devil takes care of his own anyway.

Mostly I’m wondering if it’s fake news to try and improve his ratings.  Am I a bad person? :ermm:

17 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Mostly I’m wondering if it’s fake news to try and improve his ratings.  Am I a bad person? :ermm:

I don't care!!

I am just hoping that all those conspiracy theories turn out to be correct, and the Secret Service does indeed "negate" dangerous presidents! Cause they have the perfect excuse now, just "help" him along a wee bitty........

God it's demoralising being an optimist these days.

The news of The Donald's infection comes from the man himself, so I would be doubtful about its veracity until verified by an independent source (but like his tax returns, we may be waiting a good four years to see that).  It would be remarkably fortuitous, would it not, for The Donald's "infection" to be cured by one of the quack remedies he has been promoting at various points during the pandemic.

The timing is perfect for him - two weeks of isolation, serious symptoms reported via his twitter account and then a miraculous (hallelujah!) recovery just before Election Day.  The Donalrd Saves The Day... his sycophants will be making movies about it.

If it's true and he really does have C19 (yeah, right...), then he clearly is in an elevated risk group - over 70 and overweight.  Good thing he was wearing a mask. Oh, wait...

Already it's been suggested that he will demand that the presidential election be postponed, to allow him to recover, else it will be unfair.     That on top of his campaign against postal votes, and refusal to say that he would step down if defeated.       If I belived in conspiracies ....

1 hour ago, SpitfireBGT said:

Paul

You are a worst case scenario guy. While there is a possibility that you are right, I can't see this egomaniac stepping out of the spotlight for any reason. 

Mike

Mike

I would love to find something positive to say about The Donald and his personal entourage.  But I'm with JohnD on the likelihood of further and more extreme election manipulation.  He knows he's lost the popular vote, but he's going to make sure that he will still be re-elected.

On a positive note, I am looking forward to seeing how his most ardent of supporters will rationalise their belief that C19 is a hoax with their beloved leader's announcement that he has it.  That will involve some expert underpant twisting, I expect.

Paul

3 minutes ago, PaulAA said:

On a positive note, I am looking forward to seeing how his most ardent of supporters will rationalise their belief that C19 is a hoax with their beloved leader's announcement that he has it.  That will involve some expert underpant twisting, I expect.

That will be easy. No matter how ill he actually gets (unless he does a Boris) he will be saying it is mild, not a problem, nothing to worry about and so on. And as the news keeps saying, he is 74 and overweight. He may well twist and turn the facts so he looks good. I say may, of course he will. It is in the DNA of all politicians.

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

It would appear that he is being treated with VitD3 - that should get the worldwide ball rolling at last.

Roger

Hi Roger, The letter says "...the president has been taking..."  Suggests to me he has been taking D3 for some time. Fauci himself takes it, so no surprises there.  But if its good and safe enough for POTUS why not tell the great unwashed ?

image.png.06d78df245753eeac88b9c7a1afd8da6.png

5 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Would be darkly amusing if the experimental treatment caused him to grow another head or turned him into a gibbering, frothing lunatic.... Though the latter might not detectable.......

How would you tell the difference?