When leaders don't

GT6MK3

You couldn't make it up.  No one would believe you.  It ought to be satire....... :mad:

They are COMPLETELY without shame.

What bothers me is who is giving old skull-face Demonic his directions.  A small cabal of the seriously rich (not all even British) hell bent on no-deal brexit, Vlad the impaler or merely the voices in his head?

I’m trying to imagine a world where a country’s leader uses tear gas, rubber bullets, and a police baton charge to clear peaceful, legal protesters, just so he can have a photo op.

China?  The Middle East?  North Korea?  

Nope.  This is today’s America.

The Emperor’s unbridled power grab continues, and his enablers continue to be complicit.  

David Atkins recently posited that that to be a Republican voter right now, "requires believing in a jaw-dropping series of claims: a cabal of evil scientists is making up climate science in exchange for grant money, that there is rampant, wide-scale voter impersonation fraud carried out by thousands of elections officials nationwide; that the ‘Deep State’ concocted a scheme to frame Trump for Russian collusion but chose not to use it before the 2016 election; that shadowy forces are driving migrant caravans and diseases across American borders in the service of destroying white Republican America; that the entire news media is engaged in a conspiracy against the Republican Party ... and so on."

After today, it also means supporting the notion that peaceful protesters are fare game if they don’t share your views.

Scary.

Yep.....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/02/weve-reached-the-mad-emperor-stage-and-its-terrifying-to-behold

I'd like to think that this will count against him come election time - along side the 100,000 (and still rising fast) covid deaths.  But......  

Those who still vote for him in knowledge of all this will get precisely the leader they deserve should he win.  Shame about the rest of America..... and the world.

ANTIFA is used for "Antifascist" protestors.     Who supports fascists?

And it doesn't matter what he was doing, he was un-agressive and non-violent - whereas the police response was the opposite.

Sorry I'm not falling for that evidence. If the old guy is skimming the police then take his phone, cuff him, take him in and question him. Don't bash his head off of the ground.  The hospital wouldn't have admitted him with fake injuries. 

What isn't being reported on ANY news outlet is the protesters message. They show the 5% that are taking the opportunity of the demonstration to cause chaos. The facts are that America has a lot of heavy handed cops that take things too far and they need to be purged. 

Our commander and chief wants to get even more heavy handed and call in the National Guard to squash both the 95% of peaceful folks and the 5% of the assholes. 

I'm not a religious person but I will be praying in November that this nut doesn't get re-elected. The plan is that if he gets back in he will immediately start campaigning for his son to succeed him. perpetuating the lunacy.

During Obama's time as President, he and his Attorney General did much to control the police forces in America  that used racially biased policies and practices.    A legal power, a "consent decree" (https://www.thebalancesmb.com/what-is-a-consent-decree-how-does-it-work-4580322) was used fourteen times to enforce changes on such police agencies.     Since Trump arrived , none have been issued.

Trump's first Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, said that "It is not the responsibilty of the federal government to manage non-federal law enforcement agencies".

John

37 minutes ago, SpitfireBGT said:

Sorry I'm not falling for that evidence. If the old guy is skimming the police then take his phone, cuff him, take him in and question him. Don't bash his head off of the ground.  The hospital wouldn't have admitted him with fake injuries. 

What isn't being reported on ANY news outlet is the protesters message. They show the 5% that are taking the opportunity of the demonstration to cause chaos. The facts are that America has a lot of heavy handed cops that take things too far and they need to be purged. 

Our commander and chief wants to get even more heavy handed and call in the National Guard to squash both the 95% of peaceful folks and the 5% of the assholes. 

I'm not a religious person but I will be praying in November that this nut doesn't get re-elected. The plan is that if he gets back in he will immediately start campaigning for his son to succeed him. perpetuating the lunacy.

Agreed, but what's the plan to defeat Trump?  It seems to be a common problem around the world, that the forces of 'populism' - misrepresentation, dishonesty and feined offence - are always united behind a single swivel-eyed figurehead (Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro, Kaczynski, Orban), whereas the voices of the centre and centre-left are split between an unconvincing array of liberals.  Trump appeals to a wide but motley collection of semi-literates, aggressive libertarians and the Guns'n'Jesus brigade.  Who does aged, wealthy Joe Biden really appeal to?

Trump is persistently dishonest, yet he homes in on the slightest indiscretions of his opponents.  We witnessed the farce of Cummings, openly demonstrating that he considers himself above the law, yet his supporters point out that the reporters who doorstepped him were breaking social distancing rules, as if this justified Cummings' behaviour and demonstrated that all opposition is nullified as a result.

Despite all of his abject failures and the relative insignificance of his achievements (and with apologies for the repetition), Trump will win in November, not because of what he offers, but because there is no credible opposition to him and his reprehensible values.

14 hours ago, DeTRacted said:

That's not "evidence". 

That's hyperbole, conjecture and psudoscience. 

First, nonsense about being "75-year-old professional agitator and Antifa provocateur".  Think about the 75 year old you know.  Look around this site for starters.

Next, utter BS about a "Tracing software" phone device.  If he had such a device, why didn't the police that carried him off find it?  Not that such software exists that works in an phone without first hacking the phone, and than adding dongles and antennas.  This bloke was waving around a phone.  My guess is he was videoing badge numbers.

Then, and this would actually be funny if it wasn't so tragic, a suggestion that he was wearing a stunt rig to fake the blood coming out of his ear.  If he was, why on earth wouldn't the medics who tended to him have found it.

It amazes me how far people will go to convince themselves that their postion must be right, no matter the plain, simple evidence.

The slur against Martin Gugino came from the top.   Trump tweeted:

kUuht00m_normal.jpg
Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?

Even in his distorted world view, TRump had to write "could", because he was speculating.    In fact Gugino has a long history of peaceful protest.

Paul

I hope your wrong but I fear that you're right. Our system is badly broken. Early in the year a few small states made Biden (who maybe suffering from early dememtia) The front runner over some very qualified canidates. No one wamts to vote for a loser so as more states vote he gets farther ahead. I voted at the beginning of this month after it was more or less decided. How does my vote count in such a situation?

We get almost no news of UK poliics over here. As I understand it the campains are very short and everyone votes on the same day. Meaning less time for misinformation and empty promises. It would seem like a better system but then there's Boris Johnson

Mike

PS the 75 year old protestor is still in the hospital being treated for his fake injuries.

Mike

It is no consolation, but the voting system in Europe doesn't proclude the same train of misinformation and agitation that you are experiencing.  Here in Poland, we are approaching the Presidential election later this month, which the ruling Party reluctantly postponed from last month.  We have a climbing infection rate, but the lockdown is being eased to ensure that the Party's voter base - the elderly and the devout - will turn out in droves.

The far right incumbent is looking for re-election and has just announced a 'personal gift form the President' of $100 for each child in the country.  This sort of outrageous corruption of democracy is illegal in the EU, but evidently still happens in Poland.  There is widespread ridicule of the situation, that a state of emergency will be declared and borders and shopping centres (but not churches) will be closed again, as soon as the Pres is safely re-elected.

We have an on-going process of disenfranchising the independent senior judiciary, but few people seem concerned about this silent drift towards an elected dictatorship.  The model appears to be Hungary, where Parliament - incredibly - granted Orban executive powers unlimited in scope or time and he has used them to progressively bring devolved authority, even long-term spatial planning, under his complete personal control.

On the one hand, it amusing that disinformation has made demons out of Gates and Soros, yet the people who protest against them are happy to see more and more power accrue to the capricious and unstable Orbans and Trumps of the world.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Anyone seen the video that was played by "Led By Donkeys" onto Barnard Castle walls? (Least, I assume it is their video, I certainly found it from their page on Facebook.)

Gives a pretty succinct round up of BoJo's many failures since January!

Phil

P.S. If anyone has a none Facebook link please post it, my internet has its limitations still!

The latest offering from BrewDog:

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test-12

(NB: All profits will go to funding our production of free sanitiser for the NHS & Health Care Charities.)

Republic of Ireland spent 850K on their track-n-trace phone app, and it works. BoJo siphoned off 11M into Dominic's friends companies and we got nothing usable. (For technical reasons that software people like me pointed out at the start of the project) Meanwhile the Germans published their app source online for anyone to use.

I have a soft spot for "Led By Donkeys" 

Edited by yorkshire_spam
  • Like 1

So, Poland has just demonstrated that diverting public funds from healthcare, in order to convert the national broadcasting service into a 24/7 propaganda machine, works!

It has re-elected a President who has provided no checks or balances to the prejudice, manipulation and dishonesty of the 'populist' Govt, a President who pardoned a Party-faithful paedophile shortly before the election, is subserviant to the will of the Catholic Church, has succeeded internationally during his first term only in picking fights with our neighbours and who, at this of all times, is outspoken in being an anti-vaccine lunatic.

Every country gets the Govt it deserves, apparently.  Turnout was 68% - high for a non-Parliamentary election, but still indicating that a third of the electorate don't give a damn.  This is part of the gradual erosion of democracy, but who cares?  The country managed without it for over forty years...

... and as for Facebook's part in this debacle...

Paul

I fear, Paul, and it is fear, that many people, more than you would expect in the 21st Century, do give a damn because if they don't vote for a 'god-fearing' candidate, then they will be damned.   The Trump, who appears to worship no god but himself, has used similar dog-whistles to recruit the godly to his own congregation, as have other right-wingers.   It is well said, although the authorship is disputed, that "Facism comes wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

John

8 minutes ago, JohnD said:

if they don't vote for a 'god-fearing' candidate, then they will be damned.

I notice Mississippi plan to change their state flag from one bearing the confederate flag to one carrying the slogan "In God We Trust" - in a nation that claims to have separation of church and state that's just ridiculous. 

• 1 month later...

Been reading Jon Ronsons book “The Pyschopath Test”.  Interesting.

It led me to this.....

Consider each of the 20 attributes in the below list, and put them in one of three categories:

A Item does not apply
B Item somewhat applies
C Item fully applies
Personality attribute A B C
1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM
The tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH
A grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM 
An excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING
Can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS
The use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT 
A lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT
Emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY
A lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE
An intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS
Expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR
A variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.

12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS
A variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.

13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS
An inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

14. IMPULSIVITY
The occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

15. IRRESPONSIBILITY
Repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS
A failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

17. MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS
A lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.

18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY
Behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE
A revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.

20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY
A diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes. 

Or the interactive online version.....
https://0eb.com/index_psychopath.html

......score your boss / prime monster / presidon’t on this ...... and weep.....