Sign in to follow this  

16 minutes ago, zetecspit said:

Thanks... I am still looking for a suitable lift solution for my garage. I have tried a tilting lifter, not ideal on a spitfire. I am not sure how high your ramps lift, from what I have ssem=n most go up to 400mm? My jack goes to 500mm, but the ramps have an advantage in they lift under the wheel. Hmmm....

Yes the fact thst they lift the wheels makes a big difference. My jack also goes to 500mm but the ramps seem to get it a lot higher. And no need for any axle stands if your just doing something  not to do with the suspension. 

23 hours ago, Hamish said:

Ah that make sense 

I need a better jack. 
low entry and a reasonable lift height. 

My costco one.

20200223_162745.jpg

20200223_162834.jpg

Those are looking the business now just got to find a Sherman tank to test them on. Well done Chippy nice job?:welder:

12 minutes ago, John I said:

Those are looking the business now just got to find a Sherman tank to test them on. Well done Chippy nice job?:welder:

Well they look a bit military,  something like a morter:welder:

Very happy that these are going to be up to the task. They have an adjustable pad on one foot to take up the uneveness then a large central adjustable foot to transfer the load down through the central tube. Also have a choice of incert hights since i cut up 2 acros from work:devil:

20200321_181847.jpg

20200321_182156.jpg

I think i will make a 3 legged smaller pair then sell off all my other stands 

Getting lots finish in this lockdown. Made a pair of 3 legged stands. So with the larger ones as well and a choice of 4 different inserts i reckon i'll alqays have the hight i need now. They didnt cost much but there were a few man hours invested but my time is worthless at the moment so why not. It beats watching telly. Stay safe peeps

Steve

20200329_190826.jpg

Your enthusiasm and workmanship not in doubt, Steve, but stands 3 foot+ high, on an 18" base?

Stay carefull!

John

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Your enthusiasm and workmanship not in doubt, Steve, but stands 3 foot+ high, on an 18" base?

Stay carefull!

John

John I doubt I would be able to get the long acro off cuts under the car, they were just what was left from the build, I will mostly be using the smaller 3 legged ones with the shorter inserts. I can custom cut down the long ones for a specific job if needed. Will certainly stay safe especially as there will be no emergency beds at this time. Take care everyone.

Steve

I can tell a man on a mission!     You'll be wanting to raise the roof rafters next!   :biggrin:

38 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I can tell a man on a mission!     You'll be wanting to raise the roof rafters next!   :biggrin:

As a Chippy that isn't a big task but then I have the sectional door tracks in the way. Believe me I've already considered that for a scissor lift:biggrin: