Covid 19, novel corona virus. Split from off-grid thread

Approx thirty case of thrombosis in post-vaccine people have been found, when in Europe, between 4 and 6% of the population has been vaccinated, which approximates to 40 million people.    So the incidence of Vaccine Associated Thromocytopaenia (VAT!), even if we treble the number found, is less than 100 in 40 million, equivalent to an incidence of 0.00025%.

HET is a rare complication of heparin treatment, which we continue to use as a valuable and life saving medicine.      VAT, if it is real, is one thousand times rarer than that, as a complication of a valuable and life saving treatment, yet the use of AZ vaccine has been halted in many countries!      Caution; unreasoning, unthinking caution, is one asset that is not in short supply!

AstraZeneca was persuaded by their partners in the development of the vaccine, Oxford University, that their product should be made available to the World at cost price.     Eventually, they may make about a billion pounds from it, when Pfizer, Monsanto etc will probably make ten or twenty times as much from their vaccines, which are not as useful in developing countries that lack deep freeze chains to distribute the vaccines.   The payback AZ hoped for was Qudos as a global benefactor, but instead they have received consistent kickback and resistance from all sides.   A suspicious person would allege conspiracy!

John

Peter C is quite right that the virus will mutate, as it has done already,.    They always do, flu does so, so fast and so much that a new vaccine needed annually.  But they can only mutate while reproducing, copying itself in human cells.   The best defence against new variants is vaccination, so  that copying, when 'errors' or mutations will appear, does not take place.

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

A suspicious person would allege conspiracy!

One has to wonder a bit. I do.  I’m sure the other, err, more profit oriented, pharmaceutical giants are horrified by the treatment AZ are getting...... :ninja:Though I’ve not noted them rushing to their defence.....

There is also the European political foolery where they scream for more vaccine so they can sit on it and not use it. Idiots!

23 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

One has to wonder a bit. I do.  I’m sure the other, err, more profit oriented, pharmaceutical giants are horrified by the treatment AZ are getting...... :ninja:Though I’ve not noted them rushing to their defence.....

There is also the European political foolery where they scream for more vaccine so they can sit on it and not use it. Idiots!

Aye. Depressing 

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Peter C is quite right that the virus will mutate, as it has done already,.    They always do, flu does so, so fast and so much that a new vaccine needed annually.  But they can only mutate while reproducing, copying itself in human cells.   The best defence against new variants is vaccination, so  that copying, when 'errors' or mutations will appear, does not take place.

Vaccination is complex, slow and expensive and suffers from specificty so that new vaccines are needed as new variants evolve across the world. Innate immunity by contrast lyses viruses in the mucosal fluid fllm before any cell can be infected. Innate immunity is the first line of defence , but needs D3 at ca 4000 IU pd to be effective. And it destroys ALL variants. When innate immunity fails, cell- and antibody-based adaptive immunity inactivates those viruses it has been taught to recognise. It cna do that by vaccination but does it naturally by recognising the viral debris left after innate defences, given good D3. Most of the global population fails to reach safe D3 levels leaving a vaccine sledgehammer to crack a nut--- for the time being.The pandemic would not have started if all the global population had decent D3 levels, But they do not. D3 is free from sunlight and many developing nations could save themselves by educaiton in safe sunbathing. For northern antions D3 supplements are cheap and safe.

Eventually it is inevitable that D3 deficiency is recognised as the driver of the pandemic, and a host of other diseases.  Warring over vaccines will be seen as 'politics as usual' but the real culprits are the medical institutions that have dismissed D3 for decades. Dissing D3 will come to be regarded as the worst ever mistake by medical professionals. Period. 

I am not a D3 researcher and only became aware four years ago  when Parkinson's struck. Last week I uncovered a paper describing the incidence of age-related PD in those Tanzanian tribes the Heany studied to define physiological 25(OH)D in ancestral natural living conditions: 100-150 nmol/L. The researchers could not find any PD, none in 1800 individuals above age of  60. Yet in related city dwellers with only 70 nmol/L the incidence of PD was almost half that in UK ( ca 1 in 100 ). So, is there excitement at the plausible role of D3 in PD? No, none at all, absolutely none outside the D3-aware community. The same applies to a host of common chronci conditions. Yeserday I was alerted to a 2020 paper showing 4000 IU daily ( but not lower) D3 supplements reduced conversion of pre-diabetes to T2DM ( an epidemic of its own).  The D3 research exists but is ignored by medicine.

Learning about D3 is undoubtedly the single most valuable way the individual can protect thier health. WE have not evolved to live in cities (6000 years is not long enough), nor behind UVB_absorbing glass (ca 200 years), nor to coat our skin in suncream, or work at night in artificial light. But huge numbers of humans globally do so. And all are D3-deficinet by comparison with those tribes living the ancestral life, farming and hunting.

Peter

https://royalsociety.org/science-events-and-lectures/2021/04/long-covid/?fbclid=IwAR0ep-IcEdvHLmt6vB81JVdHAUtTqmoL4J2OErbjNZRHcoqznTkR1ALUxoY

This may be of interest, "Long Covid: an unfolding story" a seminar from the Royal Society, chaired by Brian Cox.

He's a bit Marmite, I know, but the RS gets the biggest names in any science subject to talk.     It'll be done, Zoom-style, and anyone can 'attend'.

Chaps

I did an IgG antibody test this morning and my result is 96 BAU/ml - an adequate result, according to the scale on the testing lab's website, which identifies a 33.8 BAU/ml threshold.

I did a D3 test at the same time, to see whether my daily dose of at least 2,000 IUs, intermittent increases to 6,000 IUs and occasional hammerblows of 50,000 IUs had made a lasting impact.

Apparently not.  At 35 ng/ml, I'm in the safe zone, but only just - the 'good' band is 30 to 50 ng/ml.  I must confess to being a bit narked that I didn't register a higher value.

Anyway, the antibody result is a relief.  Hereabouts, the current brilliant plan to make the figures look better than they actually are, is to deny the vaccine to anybody who has tested positive within the last three months, and then to administer only one dose, on the basis that the antibodies resulting from infection are a replacement for the first dose.

I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Paul

Huh.... another government doing random vaccine experiments on their general population..... who’d have thought it.....

Personally I feel like your real immunity acquired the hard way trumps any vaccine..... but I have no scientific basis for this.

18 hours ago, PaulAA said:

Chaps

I did an IgG antibody test this morning and my result is 96 BAU/ml - an adequate result, according to the scale on the testing lab's website, which identifies a 33.8 BAU/ml threshold.

I did a D3 test at the same time, to see whether my daily dose of at least 2,000 IUs, intermittent increases to 6,000 IUs and occasional hammerblows of 50,000 IUs had made a lasting impact.

Apparently not.  At 35 ng/ml, I'm in the safe zone, but only just - the 'good' band is 30 to 50 ng/ml.  I must confess to being a bit narked that I didn't register a higher value.

Anyway, the antibody result is a relief.  Hereabouts, the current brilliant plan to make the figures look better than they actually are, is to deny the vaccine to anybody who has tested positive within the last three months, and then to administer only one dose, on the basis that the antibodies resulting from infection are a replacement for the first dose.

I'm still scratching my head on that one.

Paul

Paul It takes 3 months for 25(OH)D to equilibrate with a change of dose. If the excursions to 6000 were relatively brief your 35ng/ml will reflect the 2000 dose. Holick says 4000 to 6000 IU pd are needed to bring 97% of USA population in the 100 to 150 nmol/L range. Your 35 ng/ml is close (=87 nmol/L) but maybe not high enough for you to shrug off the bug(s). The primary Innate defences promooted by D3 are not antibody mediated.

Peter

8 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Huh.... another government doing random vaccine experiments on their general population..... who’d have thought it.....

Its been done before, during swine flu. Pandremix: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1087079217300011?via%3Dihub

emergency approval.  followed by 700 cases of narcolepsy.

Drug company was GSK, CEO: Vallance.  The wing and prayer approach is not dead.

Peter

On 4/7/2021 at 8:53 AM, Nick Jones said:

Personally I feel like your real immunity acquired the hard way trumps any vaccine..... but I have no scientific basis for this.

"Well, up to a point, Lord Copper"

Another quote, "people who had previously been infected with COVID-19 showed higher T cell and antibody responses after one dose of the Pfizer vaccine compared with people who had never had COVID-19 before and had one dose of the vaccine."    This IS from a Government website https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-study-finds-strong-immune-response-following-covid-19-vaccination but refers to the PITCH study ( Protective Immunity from T cells to Covid-19 in Health workers) by the Universities of Liverpool, Newcastle and Birmingham, whose interim report is preprinted on the Lancet's web site: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3812375

That reports that "Following a single BNT162b2 dose,[the Pfizer vaccine] HCWs [Health Care Workers] with a prior history of SARS-CoV-2 infection have significantly higher T-cell and antibody responses than naive individuals."

So there is  evidence for the Polish government's policy, although it does sound to be one of desperation.

John

Edited by JohnD

19 hours ago, PeterC said:

The wing and prayer approach is not dead.

Nope, only some of the experimentees ....:confused:

As for the continuing experiment with dose interval stretching in the UK.... thorough testing seems probable given the apparently slowing vaccination rates, relaxation of distancing measures and continuing shambolic border control/quarantine measures.  The news from Brazil.....:pinch:

The summer sun will f88k up any analyses of vaccine efficacy based upon pcr-tests, C-19 cases and deaths ( but maybe not antibody testing). As SAGE show no signs of being D3-aware they are likely to beleive the impending summer plunge in cases etc is due to their vaccines, when in reality its D3.  And when the sun goes away in October....................all the new  vaccine-defeating variants we have imported in summer will spring to life.  D3 "kills" all variants.

Peter

Germany has the same approach like Poland.  I got an appointment  for vaccination in early April and this was cancled because I went through Covid in January. Earliest date for vaccination for me is now July. With the plan of only ohne dose. They count the Covid infection as first shot of the vaccination.
Same for my wife.
Martin

Ok.... don't disagree.

While on that page I was invited to take part in a poll asking whether doctors should be obliged to be vaccinated.  My view is they should, or optimistically, even that it shouldn't be necessary to oblige them.  However, the majority, 54%, say they should not.  If that is the view among a presumably mainly medically oriented readership..... I'm shocked....

We had only normal flue symptoms. Besides that taste and smelling disappeared. Taste is back. Smelling is not fully back. 
Its a really dangerous infection. The sister of my wife got it as well and passed away.
I started to consume D3 last May after a PCA surgery triggered by the recommendation of the clinic I was. Taking 2000 ie a day. Since that time I had not a single flue or other hassle . Whether it helped during the Covid?

Martin 

15 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

Ok.... don't disagree.

While on that page I was invited to take part in a poll asking whether doctors should be obliged to be vaccinated.  My view is they should, or optimistically, even that it shouldn't be necessary to oblige them.  However, the majority, 54%, say they should not.  If that is the view among a presumably mainly medically oriented readership..... I'm shocked....

Maybe the profession knows more than we are told eg second paragraph

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n810/rr-14

SInce oldies were vax'd first and are known to respond poorly to flu vax, it may be that youngsters mount a vigorous and mis-directed response and go down with more side-effectsand that wont appear in the stats....yet. So I heed the doctors concerns and am keeping an eye on this, for the younger family members. 

Ouch, really sorry to hear about your sister in law.  Better news you are both ok.....

I'm convinced the D3 helps, but also the covid measures prevent the spread of everything else so I don't think any firm conclusions can be drawn about that.

15 minutes ago, Martin said:

We had only normal flue symptoms. Besides that taste and smelling disappeared. Taste is back. Smelling is not fully back. 
Its a really dangerous infection. The sister of my wife got it as well and passed away.
I started to consume D3 last May after a PCA surgery triggered by the recommendation of the clinic I was. Taking 2000 ie a day. Since that time I had not a single flue or other hassle . Whether it helped during the Covid?

Martin 

Martin, Has d3 helped during C-19?  Yes: https://vitamindforall.org/letter.html

The signatories declare how much they take personally, most are 4000 IU or above. 2000 might be enough but also might not be, we respond variously, and since D3 toxicity needs huge doses I tell my family and friends 4000.

Peter

7 minutes ago, PeterC said:

Maybe the profession knows more than we are told eg second paragraph

Interesting.  Thanks for that.  We've noted locally that responses to vaccines appear to vary by batch (Both Pfizer and AZ).  SM's lot (25 odd, mixed ages but perhaps tending older) got through both doses without anything worse than sore arms and the odd headache, but another surgery and a local Boots were wiped out when all their staff were done together (two different sessions) and were off sick for several days.

27 minutes ago, Martin said:

Martin 

Martin, There's a looooong thread here where I post most of the D3 stuff : https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/72125-coronavirus/page/69/&tab=comments#comment-721509

Not that I am dissing Sideways, I am lazy.

D3 is very important for health in general: https://vitamindwiki.com/

Peter