Sign in to follow this  
mpbarrett

CT Forum redesign

In case anyone hasn't   see the message on Fb or on the CT site (I know there are a few refugees from the CT forum on here).
They are planning to redesign the Web pages/forum and are asking for suggestions thru the CT forum.
It looks like Keith will not be involved in the redesign, see the second message on the CT site.

Here is Darrens message (from FB)

"Dear All
At the invitation of our Webmaster Keith Bennett the Committee has been asked to consider the next generation of CT Web presence . In order to ensure that the membership has its say,(and that we all go in the right direction) all members and forum users are being requested to give three points that they would like to see incorporated in our next generation IT. The Committee would certainly like the future to be phone friendly as so many of us use smart phones these days . We would also like to retain the searchable nature of the forum as this is so much better than what social media can provide. We will be considering all suggestions and have also appointed Clive Senior to review other websites for forward thinking idea’s and ease of use . If you have suggestions please use the new thread under people -Club organisation on the Forum
Thank you
Darren"

here is the link tot CT forum discussion

https://club.triumph.org.uk/menu/7546/item/611422/view?messagepage=1

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I think that horse has bolted...... and is frolicking in different fields.

Two years ago that all kicked off!

This forum, TSSC and TRR all use the same platform and it seems to work well. Craig may have some observations on how easy it is to manage.  Don’t know how easy it is to integrate with their website/business payment system or even if it really needs to be.

Needs to take (a lot) less that 10 seconds to answer each command......

My constant view in recommending what we do for clients is unless you can create something new or better, why re-invent the wheel.

Im sure Craig will correct me if i am wrong, but im pretty sure the software in this place pretty much just manages itself and requires very little input once it has been expertly setup by the likes of Craig.

I haven't been to CT in many a year, so i popped across to see the current forum, i left pretty quick, the coding is very old school

When saying it looks after itself,  look at CT and earlier attempts by TSSC.     I think the emphasis is in the "expert setup".   

I think there is more goes on behind the scenes than Craig troubles us with.  But I would agree that this is decent platform.

A stable and competent host is also vital.

As I understand it, the scale of the TSSC problems were more political than technical. The same could be said of the CT problems - total absence of recognition of the scale of the problem or will to address it.

Just to be clear, in no way was i belittling what Craig does for us here, more pointing our decent products mean less issues.