Sign in to follow this  
yorkshire_spam

4cyl. Replacement rocker shaft

Anyone got any experience that would suggest any of the usual suppliers replacement rocker shafts for a 4 cyl. 1500 are any better or worse than the other options?

If I have to spend money on one (which is likely given the state of the used one I have) I'd rather pay more for something properly made and not made from some sort of iron-cheese alloy.

Cheers, Sam

For the 6 cyl, Chris Witor does a tuftrided one. Which is worth the modest additional expense as the others are reported to be made of cheese. For the 4 cyl....... I’m not aware of any hardened ones being available.

How bad is your original? I bought the tuftrided one in 2008 as I thought the Vitesse shaft looked a bit sad.... in 2019 I finally fitted said shaft to the GT6 and the original Vitesse one is still going at least 30k on.....

Thanks Nick, Moss list a tuftrided one for the 1500 at £40.60 which I think is a good price when compared against the other cheese ones. (Out of stock though!)

The original is pretty bad and also was the one installed when one of the rocker arms got smashed by the departure of the valve guide.