Wanted. Rear glass and other parts for GT6

Hi,

I have started to create a list of some items that I need for my Mk 3 GT6 which is currently undergoing restoration. I bought the car dismantled with many boxes of parts which I have been storing in the attic of the garage. I started to look  through them last week to check what I need to replace.

I will start with the rear hatch  glass.  (I thought that I had one stored when I started out restoring the car but I cannot locate it anywhere.)

Same story with the 2 bonnet latches. I actually remember taking these off the car and remarking that they were in fairly good nick. I have spent hours looking for them but no joy. Really pi**ed off by this as it's totally down to my own carelessness.

I will put other items up here as I discover them missing. 

Should I just ad the parts wanted to this thread as I go along or should I open new threads for particular items ?

Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to help out with these items.

Hi Martin. Thanks for that suggestion. I am based in Ireland and unfortunately will not be able to attend that event. I would be able to arrange collection/delivery of items sourced in the UK if something turns up however.

Bonnet latches.... no problem. Can even be bought new.  New is possibly the best bet as so many of the used ones either have horrible chrome or are worn out and will never latch properly again. meaning they are forever popping open as you drive.  The latter is hard to spot - you need to have them in your hands and know what to look for.

Tailgate glass....... not so easy.  I did look at this briefly last year as the one I have is wrong for the car being a mk 2 one with vertical heater lines (which are dead anyway).  My eventual decision was that the prices being asked I could live with it!

Spitfire Graveyard & Spitbitz may be worth a try.  Also Tavistock Steve, though he wasn't admitting to having one lst time I asked him and he didn't expect to be having any more GT6s through his hands as he reckons even the complete basket cases now get rebuilt rather than broken for parts.

Thanks RR. I sent him a message yesterday. Spitfire Graveyard has got back to me. He has some but the heater elements are not working. That is not a huge issue for me so at least I now know that I can source one. Next problem will be to have it shipped over. I also think that I may have discovered one in Dublin (waiting to hear back from a lad) which would be a lot handier if it was to materialise.