O2 Sensor Location

iani

I had some assistance today, we improved the exhaust pipe joints, the one near the collector wasn't on far enough, it moved forward by another 1.5cm or so. we then cleaned & refitted the O2 sensor before rebalancing the TB's. I've just driven the car for 25 miles, for most of that time it ran ok, I'm still running in a new engine so keeping the RPM down and not labouring the car. The O2 showed as being on the lean side most of the time, improving under load when it would hover around 14.7 +/1 0.5 or so. There didn't seem to be a lot of power available however, I would describe the throttle response as rather flat, when I came onto local roads on the way home it wasn't idling well either and I've put the car back in the garage now, I don't know where I go from here with it, I'm not sure it's up to a drive to Emerald. I am going to try another decent O2 sensor, I'll get one from 14.7 to match the controller, I may well have knackered the original by having wired it up incorrectly.

25 minutes ago, spitfire6 said:

14.7 is too low under load?
You have setup the accel enrichments:  Snap WOT is most rich?

Cheers,

Iain.

I haven't set it up Iain, Emerald did it remotely, that said, they did it before I sorted the air leaks, the O2 readings are much more stable now so they might need to do it again.

Just now, iani said:

I haven't set it up Iain, Emerald did it remotely, that said, they did it before I sorted the air leaks, the O2 readings are much more stable now so they might need to do it again.

Emerald had a remote access to your pc connected ecu or just the ECU?

While driving?

Cheers,

Iain.

Hello Iain

I give my micro squirt 6% authority and it seems to work ok

I can see the AFR reading alter if driving on a steady throttle (I have not set my AFR base lines to lean)

The way I see it if the Lambda sensor is not in a controlled loop it is just a visual display and partially defeats the EFI advantage!(just my take on it)

Roger 

49 minutes ago, spitfire6 said:

No modified RS232 cable, modem & telephone cable then? LOL.

Are you logging all for them? 

Please keep us updated. 

Are you using spark advance for idle control?

Thanks,

Iain.

The idle control is currently using only the IACV which gives a target RPM based on a table set by Emerald.nThe "Idle stabilisation using Ignition advance" is currently disabled, one of Emerald's documents states to leave this disabled whilst tuning, I might try it out to see if it improves things.

16 minutes ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Iain

I give my micro squirt 6% authority and it seems to work ok

I can see the AFR reading alter if driving on a steady throttle (I have not set my AFR base lines to lean)

The way I see it if the Lambda sensor is not in a controlled loop it is just a visual display and partially defeats the EFI advantage!(just my take on it)

Roger 

I kind of agree..... though after recent experience on our Europe trip, you don’t want to give the controller more than about 5 - 6% authority as if something happens to the sensor system more than this might render the car undriveable. Mine has 5% and when the sensor failed the ECU was being told it was way rich and leaning to the 5%max. The failure was intermittent at first any you could certainly tell the difference.